• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Absence from the forum

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
Yesterday 9:15 PM
-->
Re: Absence of the forum

My dreams have never yet been warnings, dear kidege, but I sincerely hope you were just kidding and my dream last night wasn't significant at all. It's likely, at any rate, that I only dreamed last night because I saw this thread--but either way the next time you're around internet (assuming you recheck this thread), please do let me know if you're still safe and sound... and/or whether you just avoided a narrow miss somehow. The information would be quite valuable to me, because it'll help me draw some borders on how (my) dreams do (and do not) work. This would be different-in-kind from the others, if it were true, and also lacking the certainty I've woken up with during dreams that I'm sure were significant...... but I'm open enough to the possibility, now, that I'd like to hear that you're ok from you, to be sure.

*grumbles under his breath at himself for waking up mid-dream because he was hot under the covers, rather than waiting to see if you returned safely first*

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 2:15 AM
-->

Hey folks.
I'll be 'away from internet' for the remainder of the week, so until Sunday.
So c'ya Sunday ;)

Ogion

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
Yesterday 7:15 PM
-->

I'm alright, I'm alright, don't worry. I'm armed with a big disinfectant spray and a big disinfectant gel and bucketloads of vitamins. The infection focus is half the country away and the nearest unconfirmed cases are 4 hours away by car.
Hugs.
(The internet's still MIA)

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->

The internet's back. YAY!

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->

Ogion is back too.

And yay for Anthile back :D
Hi Zurückthile.

Ogion

saffyangelis

Bandwidth Angel
Local time
Today 1:15 AM
-->

Yeah, so I'm cursed or something...
as well as having a generally bad weekend, bus being half an hour late, catching wrong tram, people continually giving me hugs, my feet killing me in skating even though they normally don't anymore, I'm having a lot of computer trouble.

first, I accidentally uninstall Ubuntu (Don't even ask)
Then, I manage to re-install ubuntu, but it's the newest one, and I have no windows now.
Then, as soon as I manage to install my old ubuntu, my laptop charger breaks. And I shall get a new charger in the non-specific "Few days" so I have no clue when I'll be back. And, knowing my parents, I may only be given said charger after my exams, which are in a few weeks, in a desperate bid to make me act more sociable. What fun. ¬_¬

Yes, I'm in a bad mood. I'm having to write this on my little sister's computer downstairs, where people keep talking to me, and reading over my shoulder and stuff.

So, I'm doomed =( See you all soon-ish

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->

My old computer broke down but I just got a new one, now I'm leaving town for a week so I'll be gone awhile longer. Fascinating huh?

At current rates, I imagine 30 or 40 will join while I'm gone :eek::phear:

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->

I can ban them all if you want! I make it look like an accident... :phear:

BETRAY.gif

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->

In case you hadn't picked it up my phone connection has been broken (a BT engineer was seen operating in the area just before it broke :mad::mad:

No idea when it'll be mended but I doubt it will be imminent in this godforsaken country where 'customer service' means 'I'm telling you to f*** off but I'm doing it in a very nice tone of voice'.

Already I feel like I've been away for a month. Face is gone :( and Melkor is in Siberia :confused: and I haven't got time to properly spank Fury for insinuating that I am anything less than ice :phear:. EB is probably wondering why I've stopped speaking to him and

I miss you (i don't miss people)

EloquentBohemian

MysticDragon
Local time
-->

Whew!... well at least you weren't abducted by aliens who wanted to do unspeakable, yet enjoyably naughty, things to you. :D We shall await your eventual reconnection to the balance of humanity with anticipation.
[...I have discovered that 'customer service' in many cases really means 'customer servitude'] :D

Local time
-->

right, until about next weekend i will be far from home (luton :D) and laptop-less..

yes, i know, dry your crying eyes, i will be back...Wait For Me?!

yeah, Sarcasm sucks over the internet :(

but yes, the truth is i WILL be back soon (Seducer ignores cries of anger and disappointment about my inevitable re-arrival) to warble and spam bullshit at the forums expense, sorry. :(

goodbye and enjoy my absence

:D

:)

:(

Venture

Banned
Local time
Yesterday 6:15 PM
-->

I WAS absent on this forum for the past week since I did have my laptop and I could not use the desktop for this forum for eh...."Dissent".

I have been in agony for the past week, and gratefully and finally I will no longer be in such agony. :)

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->

I'm at a conference and then visiting friend in Nottingham and Scotland next week so my appearance may be sporadic!

Just checking in this morning - I already feel I'm missing too much!!!

And missing you bunch of mavericks, madmen and assorted misfits! :(

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->

Have fun ;)
(Eh, probably too late this post) :p

Ogion

Carnap

Local time
-->

I'm really stressed, need to study for my make-up exams and cannot concentrate, mess around on the internet all day.

So I'm going to Bosnia for a week. To study. Arg....

FF

This ain't no disco.
Local time
-->

I was absent for quite a while, and I even promised to never come back.

Did I mention I was awful at keeping promises?

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena

:) I knew you'd be back! A promise to never return means almost the exact opposite on a forum like this. Even Nia sounded pretty firm in her declaration that she wouldn't be back. Look what happened.

Fukyo

blurb blurb
Local time
-->

Alright people,Seducer of the homeless has asked me to notify the forum that he will be absent(leaving most likely) due to some problems he had with his parents.

my mother has come to the conclusion that i am spending to much time on my own and on the internet....

thus she has taken my laptop off me and put Parental Controls on the Forum/Mibbit/possibly others so i must declare that i will be leaving
sad.gif
sad.gif
sad.gif

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
Yesterday 8:15 PM
-->

Oh come on, Mother of the Homeless, Let him come out and play. We are all exceptionally good influences for your son. We would never lead him astray or say anything evil or nasty or perverse. We are very mindful of our younger members, I promise ..........

Oww .........

Fuck, the knife slipped and cut my thumb. If this bitch would lie still I wouldn't have this problem.

Ooops ......... sorry .............

Last edited:

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->

We could visit them and...

nerds-500x279.jpg

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->

Alright people,Seducer of the homeless has asked me to notify the forum that he will be absent(leaving most likely) due to some problems he had with his parents.

Oh that's just awful :( I can't bear the idea of him cut off like that. Fukyo if you are in email contact with him can you send my best wishes and tell him to hang in there?

I'm sure his parents think they are doing the right thing - and personally I'd be concerned if one of my teenagers was up as late as he was on the puter - but still ... :(:(:(

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->

Oh snowqueen, you're so emotional I feel like stealing both your title of 'Snowqueen' and yout label of 'INTP'

You're cold demeanour and icy coolness are somewhat lacking.

Your breasts do not negate this.

I'm sorry.

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->

WHo can say for certain?

Local time
-->

hello (and goodbye) :(

the internet, and this forum is a place for freedom i don't have in real life. throughout life i have been afraid to let myself out and be free. but my mother has indeed put up parental control blocks and become administrator thus seeing/controlling everything i do on the internet (including taking my laptop off me). this is my sanctuary, my escape and a place for freedom. freedom monitored and controlled is NOT freedom and i don't wish for my inner world and privacy to be hung atop the rooftops. this defies all purpose, all meaning of the internet. in real life, i am scared to let myself out, my real self i think is ugly and undesirable and not to be seen by tangible eyes. this is depressing, she has removed my freedom :(

i have always been a slave to my mothers opinions, i dare not get a social life or proper friends or even girlfriends because i am scared she might not like them. i was never allowed to exit my own street and was confined. nobody even if i did desire friends wanted to hang around outside school with a shy kid who could not adventure as they could, i was/am boring to them. all this, everything i do all the time i feel somehow guilty. yet she still continues this vain attempt for me to be social. she doesn't mean harm i am sure but she does cause it.
i may rebel or become deliberately Anti-Social, i don't know, i can't continue feeling guilty and caring so much. i am not and never have been a bad child but i feel sorry for her and all around me, who have to put up with me :(

(she will monitor this and know i have been on when i shouldn't have :()

goodbye, i will miss you all greatly though you don't really care, i do. it is very sad it has come to this (and i am feeling VERY guilty) but it has, and i must accept it :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGICkspB4tc - The Unforgiven
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/metallica/the+unforgiven_20092057.html

this song describes me well and hits rather deeply, the soundtrack of my life, if you will...

:(GOODBYE:(

cheese

Prolific Member
Local time
Today 12:15 PM
-->

We'll miss you soth!

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->

Well.

Glad we got rid of that one!

What a spot of luck!

.V .
^

:mad: :D ):<

I mean..uhh...

oh...dear..

I'll miss you ever so much Soth.

Local time
-->

no you don't, i hate liars...

should i just rebel or accept it, i don't know. i don't want to hurt or upset her. i can't believe she would trap me! :( i feel like Boo Radley in To Kill a Mockingbird :(

i will probably get more 'depressed' and the such....

brain enclosed in flesh

Local time
-->

Wow. I am really bummed about this. Soth, you are one of my favorites on here- a true compadre that I can relate to. If you have a chance to read this, though, I just want to tell you that I existed as a teenager pre- the Internet and I managed to survive. I read a lot more then and I created a lot more then. It could be a good thing. Focus on your music and your other pursuits and create! That is what you want to do, anyway. Now you will have more time to do it...

Take care.

Local time
-->

that is what i will do, more books and more artistic ventures. :)

thank you brain :)

bye :(

Ulysses

Banned
Local time
-->

Hello.

edit: After reviewing the situation from all sides, I am thoroughly reconciled to the fact that automotive industry is still in its infancy.

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena

hello (and goodbye) :(

the internet, and this forum is a place for freedom i don't have in real life. throughout life i have been afraid to let myself out and be free. but my mother has indeed put up parental control blocks and become administrator thus seeing/controlling everything i do on the internet (including taking my laptop off me). this is my sanctuary, my escape and a place for freedom. freedom monitored and controlled is NOT freedom and i don't wish for my inner world and privacy to be hung atop the rooftops. this defies all purpose, all meaning of the internet. in real life, i am scared to let myself out, my real self i think is ugly and undesirable and not to be seen by tangible eyes. this is depressing, she has removed my freedom :(

i have always been a slave to my mothers opinions, i dare not get a social life or proper friends or even girlfriends because i am scared she might not like them. i was never allowed to exit my own street and was confined. nobody even if i did desire friends wanted to hang around outside school with a shy kid who could not adventure as they could, i was/am boring to them. all this, everything i do all the time i feel somehow guilty. yet she still continues this vain attempt for me to be social. she doesn't mean harm i am sure but she does cause it.
i may rebel or become deliberately Anti-Social, i don't know, i can't continue feeling guilty and caring so much. i am not and never have been a bad child but i feel sorry for her and all around me, who have to put up with me :(

(she will monitor this and know i have been on when i shouldn't have :()

goodbye, i will miss you all greatly though you don't really care, i do. it is very sad it has come to this (and i am feeling VERY guilty) but it has, and i must accept it :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGICkspB4tc - The Unforgiven
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/m/metallica/the+unforgiven_20092057.html

this song describes me well and hits rather deeply, the soundtrack of my life, if you will...

:(GOODBYE:(

I don't know if you'll be able to read this now, but I'll give it a shot.

I'm so sorry for you, but on the bright side, this is a great opportunity to go outside of your comfort zone a bit. As long as you stay so self contained, you'll have a hard time getting over that inferiority complex of yours. Sometimes it's best to forget yourself and reach out to others. And who knows, maybe you'll find someone you really like in the process. Maybe I was just lucky, but when I tried to break away from the forum a bit and socialize a bit more, I found a very fascinating guy who happens to be INTP as well. Try replacing "I" thoughts with "you" thoughts, and you'll feel so much better about yourself. And please don't read this as saying "good riddance" because I truly am going to miss you.

Also, I think a healthy amount of defiance will do you good. Don't go off the deep end or do anything stupid, but you won't get anywhere being a slave to your mom's opinion. Your friends are for you, so don't measure everything by her standards. All she has a right to do as a parent is to judge whether your friends are a good influence and act accordingly. Also, if you don't think you're a bad child, don't treat yourself like one. If you haven't done anything wrong, just keep doing what you do and stop torturing yourself over it.

Also, is there any chance of using a proxy, or would your mom be keeping an eye on that too? And if all else fails, you could use the public computers at the library, right? I love that song too, by the way.

I'm really going to miss you. But happy sailing in life's oceans.

Sugarpop

accepts advice on his English
Local time
-->

I solved a similar situation by guessing the password and hijacking the computer back again. It seems, however, that your problem goes beyond a half-hearted attempt at supervision and a four-letter password.

Good luck with your extraweb activities! Your wit and neuroses will be missed.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->

Oh snowqueen, you're so emotional I feel like stealing both your title of 'Snowqueen' and yout label of 'INTP'

You're cold demeanour and icy coolness are somewhat lacking.

Your breasts do not negate this.

I'm sorry.

It will happen to you too one day Melkor. YOU WILL .... yes, I dare say it .... CARE. There I said it.

but you'll never have breasts.

Double whammy.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->

It will happen to you too one day Melkor. YOU WILL .... yes, I dare say it .... CARE. There I said it.

but you'll never have breasts.

Double whammy.

Hahaha. Touché, or in netspeak: Pwnage
:D:D

Ogion

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->

Pffttt..

WHo needs breasts?

I mean, you do realise that the only reason men don't have breasts, is:

A-So they have an exscuse to not mind children

and

B-Because they'd walk around feeling themselves 24/7

:D

And no snowquuen, I'm not about to care.

And anyway, if that happens to occur when I'm 52, you'll be long dead...

I hope...

Ulysses

Banned
Local time
-->

Pffttt..

WHo needs breasts?

I mean, you do realise that the only reason men don't have breasts, is:

A-So they have an exscuse to not mind children

and

B-Because they'd walk around feeling themselves 24/7

You should watch this: YouTube- If Men Had Breasts...

:p

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->

And no snowquuen, I'm not about to care.

And anyway, if that happens to occur when I'm 52, you'll be long dead...

I hope...

[snowqueen sniffs into her perfumed lace hanky and wipes away a tear]

:(:(:(

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->

[snowqueen sniffs into her perfumed lace hanky and wipes away a tear]

:(:(:(

Don't worry snowqueen. It's those abstract concepts called 'compassion' and 'caring' that are leaking into Melkor's personality. Bless his pointed spiky little head, he just doesn't know what to do with it (the poor thing :D)

Venture

Banned
Local time
-->

I will be absent on this forum for thi-.........this week....

Sad........and also mad I am of this news.....

Melkor

*Silent antagonist*
Local time
-->

Uly...

That video was kinda horrifying.

Esepcially seeing as he had nice breasts.

0-0

Ha-ha-ha!

I tototally imagine someone jiggling in front of the mirror.

Hahahaaaa

Awk..

AND no, Snowqueen, I'm not about to apologise.

Just you go ahead and cry.
:P

Jordan~

Prolific Member
Local time
-->

The forum is frequently and startlingly absent.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->

Heh, Jordan, nice pun.
But yea, that's true. We need to speak with the owner about it.

Ogion

Top Bottom