• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

Absence from the forum

Claverhouse

Royalist Freicorps Feldgendarme
Local time
Today 5:47 AM
-->
Jesin, we can compare pictures of Belize! (except mine were shot on old fashioned film back in the 80s and I have no idea where they are)

That looks terribly like 'compare pictures of Belial' *wonders exactly what sort of holidays these were...*

However, should you wish to swap the barely showing pretty swine smilie in your sig from it's hotlinked source, I have uploaded it to our own herd. You'll find it...

Claverhouse :phear:

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
Today 1:47 AM
-->
However, should you wish to swap the barely showing pretty swine smilie in your sig from it's hotlinked source, I have uploaded it to our own herd. You'll find it...

Why thank you! :D

I was wondering why it would work in regular posts but not the sig.

sagewolf

Badass Longcat
Local time
-->
Lost, after wandering irresponsibly away from the
IB-- There are plenty of people hiring in WV. Mostly retail, granted, but it's not impossible to find a job. I've found myself in an office through a temp agency. It's not bad. During lunchtime (guess when it is now) there're nearly no restrictions on interweb use.

And thanks to IB, Jesin and Snowqueen for the welcomes back. :D

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
Interesting, WV has always had a higher than average unemployment rate. I figured it would be hurt by the recession even more. Now I know how to get rid of my annoying unemployed neighbor....."Hey! There are jobs in West Virginia! I know someone who can get you a cushy office job even" :D

Da Blob

Banned
Local time
Today 12:47 AM
-->
Hello friends and the rest of you as well,
It should be apparent to all that I appear to be both losing my patience and my sense of humor, from some of my latest posts. This I have done due to provocation, but I should be immune to such at my age. I have decided to withdraw from the forum for a while while I recover the more sociable side of me, where ever it may have disappeared to...

My apologies for your misunderstandings,
Da Blob

GarmGarf

Local time
-->
Oh. I'm not exactly sure what you experienced here recently, but I'm sorry to hear about it regardless. I hope your absence is constructive, and your return shall be welcomed.

Best wishes.

Claverhouse

Royalist Freicorps Feldgendarme
Local time
-->
The appeal of any forum waxes and wanes; and absence makes the heart grow fonder... etc..

Plus there is the ill-famed INTP Boredom effect. Sometimes I disengage from threads like a kitten at play, simply because it loses savour... Then I lie stretched out under a chair purring, intently watching for new sources of amusement...

Return as soon as you will.

fullerene

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
I'm gonna be out of commission for a while, I think. School is getting to be too much work to keep checking forums so often, so I've gotta cut em out until the work load dies down or vacation time hits (~Thanksgiving or so). I was alright with it for a while, but should be starting up some research fairly soon (either computing simulations for quantum chromodynamics, or if that professor decides that he likes someone else better I'll be doing work on some other topic), which puts me up to a 24 credit semester, lol.

Needless to say, free time will be short... and whatever time I have I'll probably want to spend with my college friends here. When I'm back home, for find spare moments, I'll be around... but I'm really going to be making a conscious effort to not even read the forums for a couple months.

Local time
-->
i am considering leaving for a while.

i feel that my parents are getting frustrated and if i continue coming here i will just...i don't know, i am not sure if i will or not but...:(

don't know, but i am serously considering it, i don't know if i am torturing myself or if i am just....dunno

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
Yesterday 10:47 PM
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
I'm gonna be out of commission for a while, I think. School is getting to be too much work to keep checking forums so often, so I've gotta cut em out until the work load dies down or vacation time hits (~Thanksgiving or so). I was alright with it for a while, but should be starting up some research fairly soon (either computing simulations for quantum chromodynamics, or if that professor decides that he likes someone else better I'll be doing work on some other topic), which puts me up to a 24 credit semester, lol.

Needless to say, free time will be short... and whatever time I have I'll probably want to spend with my college friends here. When I'm back home, for find spare moments, I'll be around... but I'm really going to be making a conscious effort to not even read the forums for a couple months.

And I thought I was nuts with 18.5 credits...

Good luck.

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
Yesterday 11:47 PM
-->
Ditto.

Jesin

Prolific Member
Local time
-->
Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I've been busy with school and distracted by other things. In a couple of days or so I plan to see what I can do about coming back here.

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
Jesin? Who's Jesin?

Oh yeah, now I remember.

Hey man, don't worry. We all know that plot to take over the world via weaponized pangolins isn't going to come to fruition by itself.

Go.

Plot.

Destroy.

We'll all be here to pick you up when you fail miserably.

:D:phear:

:cat: <---- Pangolin smilie substitute

Chimera

To inanity and beyond
Local time
-->
I knew the smiley collection was missing something.
Go make a pangolin smiley, stat!

Kuu

>>Loading
Local time
-->
I knew the smiley collection was missing something.
Go make a pangolin smiley, stat!

BUMP!

I knew the conspiracy wasn't over. :phear:

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
Notice how Jesin didn't respond. The silence is deafening .............

........... or maybe it's because pangolins can't type. :eek:

You guys don't think Jesin has turned himself into a pangolin, do you?

Maybe he's just sitting there on all fours, looking at the screen with a blank stare, wanting to respond, but not being able to conform his little pangolin feet to the keyboard.

:phear:

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
Today 6:47 AM
-->
I'm back home.

Ogion

P.S.: Poor Jesinpangolin.

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 6:47 PM
-->
Nice to have you home.

Sanity factor here just increased a hundred-fold. :D

NoID10ts

aka Noddy
Local time
-->
Sanity?

I guess we'll just have to take it up a notch to offset it, eh love?

I was wondering where you were off to Ogion. Welcome back. I was just leaving. :D

Hey! :eek:

You know, I am really very sane in real life, but I come here to let my crazy loose.

*squints eyes accusingly*
So if you're sane here ....................

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
No, Noidiots. Not everybody is like you. Your logic is flawed there. :p
Thx for the welcome.

Ogion

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
Wb Ogion

*remembers old IRC lines about old ladies and their happiness*

Are you sure Noddy's wrong?

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Lol :D

/me remembers that as well and also who first willingly misunderstood my sentence (t'was saffy of course).

Sorry to disappoint you but i feel in no way insane :)

Ogion

Ermine

is watching and taking notes
Local time
-->
casually playing guitar in my mental arena
I think it's time for me to go. I'm still handling school alright while going on the forum, but I can't help but think I'm missing out on the college experience. All I currently have time for is INTP forum, crocheting scarves, homework, and hanging out with roommates. While it's a good life, I'm missing out on a lot, and not developing much socially since I don't have many social opportunities with this lifestyle other than you all and my roommates (there isn't much room for socializing in class). I've also used this forum as an excuse for procrastinating homework (I need to narrow down my excuses) and generally not growing. Hopefully in my absence I will have time to practice guitar and piano every day like I'd like to, make art every day, buckle down and work on getting the best grades possible for a GPA scholarship, and meet more people. I love you all, but I'm best off staying away from here at least until the end of the semester in mid December.

And please, if you see me online or posting, PM me or something and tell me to go away. It's for the best.

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Desktop_by_SpoonSeeker.jpg

Just don't die, okay?

:)

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
You'll be missed. Take care and see you in December.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Have fun in your life and may you have many interesting "college experiences" (as you said it). ;)

Ogion

Tyria

Ryuusa bakuryuu
Local time
-->
I will be away for 3 weeks. IRL demands require more time. See everyone soon.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Hf irl Crimson.

Ogion

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
I'm taking a break for no good reason for no known period of time.

(I could be back tomorrow or next week or next month or next year. Probably among the first two or three options)

Kidege

is a ze
Local time
-->
Oh. Well, good luck and all that. Watch your step in case of dead possums.

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Oh, Bai IB. Hf in reallife.

Ogion

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
Wb Linsejko, long time no see ;)

Ogion

Inappropriate Behavior

is peeing on the carpet
Local time
-->
gotta be gone for the weekend and into next week, my connection here in the sticks isn't good at all plus i got more family coming this evening. Try to hold it together people!* ;)

*see Jeeny's parting is such sweet sorrow thread.

Toad

True King of Mushroomland!!!
Local time
-->
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

preilemus

Ashes
Local time
-->
we should all leave for like a month, and then this forum will be a ghost town. so if someone new joins, they would make an intro thread, post in a few threads, but quickly realise that they were totally alone. that would be a major "wtf" moment for anyone who stumbled on this site.

Aiss

int p;
Local time
-->
^ unless a few people joined in a short time and organized a party in the ruins.

Cavallier

Oh damn.
Local time
-->
The demands of working retail during the "holidays" is leaving me exhausted. I've already pretty much stopped hanging out here because when I get home after work I pass out. I think I ate a few days ago? Anyway, I'll be back when the consumer craziness is over. It's only November! :(

Pray that I haven't been eaten.

snowqueen

mysteriously benevolent
Local time
-->
I'm going to Jordan tomorrow to clear up my mother's flat and ship her belongings, sell her car, etc. I'll be gone two weeks. May be able to get online, maybe not. Maybe a break would be good ...

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
From monday on I move to a new apartment and then I won't have internet for at least one week. Actually I have to live in a cheap hotel for a week and get the key at the 23rd.
I guess I will visit the local library or an internet cafe in this time so my absence won't be too noticeable.

Auburn

Luftschloss Schöpfer
Local time
-->
*sigh*
This is the last time I'll have internet access for a long time...
I'll miss this place while I'm gone..
take care guys...

loveofreason

echoes through time
Local time
Yesterday 6:47 PM
-->
Noooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ogion

Paladin of Patience
Local time
-->
BAIZ Auburn.
HF offline.

Ogion

Anthile

Steel marks flesh
Local time
-->
Using the internet terminal at the hostel I'm currently in. 0.5€ for 10 minutes! Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm still alive and stuff.
I miss you all... :(

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom