• OK, it's on.
  • Please note that many, many Email Addresses used for spam, are not accepted at registration. Select a respectable Free email.
  • Done now. Domine miserere nobis.

About you?

The Gopher

President
Local time
Today 9:05 AM
-->
*shaking intensifies*

I drive a 1967 Chevy impala and I shoot with a Remington model 700 at targets or the occasional dingo that goes for my sheep.

ToughRye

Redshirt
Local time
Today 12:05 AM
-->
What is your name?

My name is Secret.

Where are you from?

Sweden

How old are you?

I am in my mid-thirties.

What's your gender?

Male

How did you find out that you were INTP, or other type?

I came across MBTI when doing some random non-Google search. This is my most accurate "diagnosis" so far. First, I thought that I had Asperger's syndrome. That was false.

How did you find out about this forum?

I came across MBTI when doing some random non-Google search.

Do you have a partner/lover?

Nope.

Do you have any kids?

Nope.

Do you have any pets?

I have an imaginary one. :elephant:

Vicissitude

Local time
Yesterday 4:05 PM
-->
What is your name?

Daniel

Where are you from?

Southern California

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

When i started my electrical engineering program we had a workshop where we took the briggs meyers among other things.

Browsing the internets regarding INTP stuff.

Nope

Do you have any kids?

I had a dog named Ruby.

Do you have any pets?

See above.

TwistedMind

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:05 AM
-->
What is your name?

My name is Ole. I don't really like it :D

Where are you from?

A very, very, very small village, somewhere in germany. At this point, I'd like to appologize for my bad english.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male.

A friend posted a personality test in a skype group. I made a few other ones and read a lot about it, to be sure.

I googled for INTP forums

Nope.

Do you have any kids?

No, and I don't think I ever will.

Do you have any pets?

My family has 2 cats, 2 dogs, and 4 horses. But I don't like horses, which is not very optimal. Cats and dogs are nice, I think I will have one or two cats when I moved away from home.

Sir Eus Lee

I am wholely flattered you would take about 2 and
Local time
-->
Well, screw it.

What is your name?
Ben.

Where are you from?

California.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I took a myers briggs test at some point and got INTP, but the letters meant nothing to me, so I ignored the test, but remembered my letters. Later, in a class, we were supposed to take the test prior to coming the first day. I was unaware this was the case, but knew the letters. When the teacher went over each person's type (it was a small group) it came to me and I told her my letters, or "INTP." Ironically I had been questioning the validity of the test outspokenly and stating various reasons why the test could be fallacious when she said that INTP's were likely to challenge systems... I went home to study the test some time later and discovered that myers-briggs had grossly sifted Jung's theories into a tragically simplified test that didn't explain functions. When I saw the functions, I realized I worked in that way, and lo and behold, I accepted my fate.

Intpforum.com could not be more self-explanitory. I wanted to see what others similar to me thought and how they communicated. Similarly, but I've been desensitized somewhat from being INTP despite my inward continuous pull, and now that I've realized what's been happening, I'm working on fixing it.

No.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Nope.

Which hobbies absorb you the most?

Things that I can do alone that require some figuring. Smash melee, rubix cubes.

How do you generate an income?

... I wish.

Hardest thing about being INTP?

Staying in Ti mode. Life is too distracting. I'm sure if it would just go away for long enough I could make sense of it. I find it funny that those who pay attention to life the least (IPs) Know a little more about life than those who pay attention to it more. Or maybe me saying that just shows how much I don't know.

SO MANY MALE 17 INTPS. INTPs: 5% of male population, 4% of 17 and male population.

onesteptwostep

Junior Hegelian
Local time
Today 8:05 AM
-->
What is your name?

1step. Actually calling me Step would be the easiest I think, since it's one syllable.

(But actually.. I have a variety of names..)

Where are you from?

I grew up in Osaka, Japan, but my hometown is Irvine, California. From thereon I moved and lived around Orange and Riverside County (in CA), and Seoul and Pohang in South Korea, as well as Tokyo in Japan. I moved a lot :3

How old are you?

Mid-twenties.

What's your gender?

Male.

Well, I was doing a bunch of personality tests when I was sort of emo, so yeah :)

I think I was searching some thing on typology.

No, not in the official sense.

Do you have any kids?

Nopeee.

Do you have any pets?

I had a pet green beetle once. I put him inside a snapple bottle. It died after a couple weeks. I don't think I'll ever get a pet though, you know, like a cat or a dog?

Esurient Fere

*grownup
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Hmm, what is a name really? A label to identify a specific personality? I have a few of those. The most relevant being my user name.

Where are you from?

Chicago. (At least to start.)

How old are you?

Well I've been breathing for twenty something years but that's not very informative. I'm a bit older than that.

What's your gender?

mayonnaise (it's a gender according to tumbler, I'm also duck kin. Quack quack, Oedipus.)

Psych classes. I knew for years before I actually got into researching it.

The secret lives of INTP's

Yes, An INFJ. Fascinating creature. Into acting and incredibly hard to read behaviorally. Seems to always be correcting me and is so sincere. Quite distracting really.

Do you have any kids?

No

Do you have any pets?

Not unless you count the underdeveloped types that ask for but inevitably ignore my advice only to completely fill my prediction of events.

Oooh, Writing takes everything I've got. Running (In an odd way it really helps to reset the Ti. I know not what moderation is.) Understanding people is a fun one too.

Right now I work on roads. In three weeks I'll be in technical training for petroleum engineering.

That delicate balance between being productive and not really caring to do anything. Also, the sheer uncertainty of just about everything.

Adamska

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 5:05 PM
-->
What is your name?

For the purposes of privacy at this time stick to Adamska.

Where are you from?

Tennessee.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

A "friend" INFP was researching it and I happened to also catch interest. Though I haven't done much research into this at all, *cough*procrastination *cough*, and took enough tests to know I was in fact an INTP.

Random google search. *shrugs*

No. *does the forever alone face*

Do you have any kids?

Negative commander. Though I have been told I'd make a great father.

Do you have any pets?

Not technically pets in my name. So no.

Pacing
Games
Talking that isn't always about mundane subjects
Games
Getting to understand people
Watching certain documentaries and anime
Oh and did I mention games?

I never have... not legitimately my own no. *looks down*

Coming off as completely cold-hearted/disinterested when in the reality of my own mind I am really not as such. *frowns*

One a side note... I have an issue with *glances around to see who's watching and whispers* depression...
But I don't really understand why. I doubt loneliness would be this strong. I've been alone most of my life and enjoyed it mostly. No... couldn't be...

marie

Local time
Today 7:05 AM
-->
What is your name?

My real name? I'll give you a hint. She's a scientist. The last name of my username. (Her last name is my first name)

Where are you from?

Philippines.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

I have a friend that lives in California. She send me a link of mbti test. My first result was INTP. Then I took another online test I always get INTP, uh sometimes I get INTJ. P/J is always 50/50. But I relate better with INTP's cognitive function Ti-Ne-Si-Fe

I've been intrigued about personality types after taking MBTI test. I search INTP then I found this forum.

I used to. But right now I’m currently single

Do you have any kids?

None. But I would love to have one someday. I want to foster my future child’s intelligence and share my knowledge to him/her.

Do you have any pets?

None. But I would love to have cats.

The internet
Reading , autodidactism (I love to learn and read stuff I find interesting)
Video Games
Arts & Writing
Anime & Manga

I don’t have any job yet.

I’m always lazy and unmotivated. I have short attention span. I procrastinate a lot, and I rarely finish my project . A lot of times I’ve been called harsh, cold-hearted, insensitive. Even my professor said I’m selfish for being a loner. Uh I may sound like an emo for saying this but sometimes it feels like no one understands me. I tend to isolate myself a lot. I have difficulty maintaining relationships and connecting with other people.

INTPWolf

Contemplating reality, one script at a time
Local time
-->
Hello. I'm a ISTJ, I came to this forum because I don't understand you and think you are weird.

I'm happily married to my first love and have three children. On the weekends I go motorbike riding and work on my car. I also like shooting.

Something I've noticed is that you don't have a sports and recreation sub-forum. I read through all the forum rules and would like to petition the administrators to add this forum.

Also something else I find concerning a lot of the members seem to be breaking the rules and nobody is doing anything about it. Particularly not following formatting properly and multiple posts introducing themselves (that gopher fellow) Apart from absurdity. He seems like a fine upstanding man.

Now since I am old and wise and my wisdom is great feel free to ask me questions. (but not in this thread obviously that would be breaking the rules)

Nice to meet ya, everybody.

"I don't understand you and think you are weird" Thank you, you wont find much normal here, we don't care enough to conform. In Fact not being lumped in with the crowd and being called weird is something i pride myself in.

I dont think sports and rec forums would get many visitors around here. From my experience with other INTPs, we don't usually care much for those things, and the ones who do only have mild interest.

"Also something else I find concerning a lot of the members seem to be breaking the rules and nobody is doing anything about it" Super typical ISTJ :P dont take it as a bad thing, its great that you care about rules, but don't expect us to. For us the content matters, not spelling, not grammar, not adhering to some arbitrary rules, and not formats. Many of us understand that there is a reason for every rule, and as long as you don't push into that reason, you aren't breaking rules, your bending them. We only ever care about the rules when there's a problem, if there's not a problem then its not worth expending energy on.

anyway ill adhere to the format.

What is your name?

That is classified information.

Where are you from?

Alaska.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

I had long been trying to figure out why im so weird, not that it's a bad thing, i just never fit in nor could i observe any similarities in my thought processes. So i stumbled upon the MBTI

I came across this forums many times as i dug through the net researching many topics, so i decided to become part of it.

Recently single, and i don't think i have the energy for another relationship for a little while, my last one drained me dry of energy.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Two dogs, one cat.

Reading,
Internet,
video games,
Programing,
SnowBoarding, biking, hiking
Paintball,
Dream journaling.
Avoiding humans.

I don’t have a job atm, tho i do have a small chunk of money generated from stocks that i plan on starting my own business with. I cant do another clock punching job.

Not having any energy reserves.
Being so damn indecisive and at times the definition of lazy. They say ignorance is bliss, must be why i get so depressed sometimes.
Not being understood, i like being weird, but nobody else seems to think that way, and always look at me funny because im doing something outside the bounds of normal.
I lose interest in things before i finish them, my ideas always work in concept, but while toiling the mundane aspects i totally lose my energy.

roguedoll

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 7:05 PM
-->
What is your name?

Melissa.

Where are you from?

Fayetteville, NC and Oklahoma City, OK.

How old are you?

31. How did that happen? :confused:

What's your gender?

Female

It's been a long arduous process. Okay, more like me tackling the subject for brief periods and dropping it after thinking I've understood it. Then realizing I was wrong and re-tackling. But, I found a questionnaire that matched up philosophies and MBTI which led me to considering INTP. So far, so good.

Google.

No.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

2 cats that I live to serve. :cat:

GracelessDancer

Redshirt
Local time
Today 7:05 AM
-->
What is your name?

Athena.

Where are you from?

The Philippines.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female.

I first learned about MBTI when I saw a Tumblr post about the different archetypes. Actually, I was looking for "The Archetypes" by Marina and the Diamonds, but I got distracted by the psychology stuff and took the first quiz I could get my hands on. I got INTJ. When I took the test a second time, I got INTJ, but a little note at the bottom said that I had "marginal or no preference for Judging over Perceiving." It went on to suggest that I might be INTP. So I looked at the profile for INTP, and I thought it fit me better than the corresponding one for INTJ. It took three more tests and many hours of thinking before I finally accepted being in the same boat as the absent-minded professor. Not that I'm complaining, though.

I spent a couple hours browsing the INTJ forum and afterwards looked for its INTP equivalent. I didn't have to look for long.

No. But I'm already making a list of all the qualities I want in one.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

No.

Reading, writing, and surfing the Internet. I'm willing to read almost anything in sight now, but my current obsessions are the newspaper and Time magazine. I also like fiction and want to write my own novels, but I can't seem to get started on any particular project despite the fact that I have lots of ideas.

I don't. I still depend on my allowance.

Trying to play the social game. Because the world is run mostly by extraverts and judgers, we have to adapt some of their values in order to get what we want. Some, like dressing nicely, are actually quite easy; others, like submitting stuff on time, are a tad more difficult. Also, there's our tendency to avoid leadership and at the same time hate being told what to do. This directly contradicts the structure of the real world: if you can't be a follower, you'll have to be a leader, and if you hate leadership, you'll have to be a follower. And lastly, there's the constant battle between Ti and Fe. As much as we'd love to be logical all the time, there are times when our emotions get the better of us. I know the other types have issues with this as well, but that website certainly wasn't joking when it said an INTP's emotional regulator had only two settings: low and overdrive.

Sometimes, I think the SJ's have it easy, but I'm not sure I want to be like them.

...I hope I didn't sound too rude or anything...

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
Hey if dancing isn't a hobby that absorbs you is that why you are graceless? I'm curious where the name comes from.

Also to stay on topic. I'm an INFJ from Australia and I totally haven't posted in this thread 5 times under different personality types by accident.

Gather_Wanderer

Space Jokes.
Local time
Yesterday 6:05 PM
-->
Hey if dancing isn't a hobby that absorbs you is that why you are graceless? I'm curious where the name comes from.

Also to stay on topic. I'm an INFJ from Australia and I totally haven't posted in this thread 5 times under different personality types by accident.

I always thought you were INFP. But what do I know.

The Gopher

President
Local time
-->
I can't dance. That's where the name comes from.

And why do you post under different types?

Well I did it accidentally and now every time I enter the thread I may as well keep it up.

I always thought you were INFP. But what do I know.

Yeah I was, until I met INFP's. Could still be, but who knows.

--------------------------

Hey guys I'm an ESFP, My favorite hobbies are Dancing and martial arts, I'm also a singer and I hope to make it big in show business.

Black Rose

An unbreakable bond
Local time
-->
Hey guys I'm an ESFP, My favorite hobbies are Dancing and martial arts, I'm also a singer and I hope to make it big in show business.

I happen to know an ESFP in real life, his name is Josh.
No no, the gopher is much to clever to be ESFP.

[BIMG]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/58/Justin_Bieber_2010.jpg/1024px-Justin_Bieber_2010.jpg[/BIMG]

Sir Eus Lee

I am wholely flattered you would take about 2 and
Local time
-->
Gopher's obviously ENFJ, probably with schizophrenia.

Reading,
Internet,
video games,
Programing,
Paintball,
Dream journaling.
Avoiding humans.

Not having any energy reserves.
First of all, What?
Reading,
Internet,
video games,
Programing,
Paintball,
Dream journaling.
Avoiding humans.

Second, have you considered you could be ISTP?

FieldOfHats

Redshirt
Local time
-->
Hi!

What is your name?

You can call me FoH. :) Privacy on the interwebs!

Where are you from?

I live in the state of New York in the country USA on the planet Earth

What's your gender?

I am technically female, but I don't really care what people call me.

I have no idea how I found out about MBTI, but I took a very abridged version (four questions) when I was 11 or 12 and got ENFP, then I took a whole bunch of other tests, (getting mostly INTJ, INFP and INTP) and resonated most with INTP, so I'm a bit self-typed.

On my mad quest to find every article and every post relating to the MBTI type INTP.

Do you have any pets?

I have a cat, and he is sometimes friendly.

So, hi. I didn't want to post an introduction on the main forum page, because I'm shy. :P

SloBoy

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Andy

Where are you from?

UK

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

Management training course around '96 - I was astounded at the secrets about me that the little book of types knew about me - and even more so at this strange "E" species !

googling INTP profiles.

Not right know - divorced a year ago after 30 yrs

Do you have any kids?

2 - 21 & 24 - girls

Do you have any pets?

Nope

Cycling, opera ... aimless thinking :)

Software industry

Procrastination is the thief of time

Xenophanes

Well that was unexpected.
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Felicity.

Where are you from?

Melbourne, Australia.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Female

Our teachers got us to do the MBTI in late primary school, but I didn't really understand it at the time. I stumbled back onto it last year. I have fluctuated between INTJ and INTP since then; I've only been able to really identify with INTJ over INTP really recently.

There's an ENTP who is interested in me (and I reciprocate his feelings...maybe), but we're better off just being friends for now.

Do you have any pets?
A cat.

Hardest thing about being INTP/your type?
As an INTJ, people think you don't have feelings... I do. Don't be fooled, folks. I care.

ygnextend

Local time
-->
Hello. I'm a ISTJ, I came to this forum because I don't understand you and think you are weird.

I'm happily married to my first love and have three children. On the weekends I go motorbike riding and work on my car. I also like shooting.

Something I've noticed is that you don't have a sports and recreation sub-forum. I read through all the forum rules and would like to petition the administrators to add this forum.

Also something else I find concerning a lot of the members seem to be breaking the rules and nobody is doing anything about it. Particularly not following formatting properly and multiple posts introducing themselves (that gopher fellow) Apart from absurdity. He seems like a fine upstanding man.

Now since I am old and wise and my wisdom is great feel free to ask me questions. (but not in this thread obviously that would be breaking the rules)

we INTP's don't like traditional sports. We think games ( of all kinds) are sporty. Also rules are strange to us. I mean we follow them if we have to but being a strategic trouble maker is more engaging. Which is doubly as strange because most people are generic and we play games because we are trying to find the truth behind so much fuckery in the world.

Hope that cleared up everything

YG

A_Scanner_Darkly

Pisces-Virgo Introtim
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Prefer not to say.

Where are you from?

California.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

First took the test several years ago (we all know those are worthless), and have been reading about MBTI mostly through forums and the internet since then. I have always scored as INxx, but now I know for sure I'm INP.

By googling INTP profiles.

No. I have come close a few times, but it never works out for some reason or another.

Do you have any kids?

Nope.

Do you have any pets?

Nope

I have very scattered interests and can become absorbed by a great many ideas and topics, so usually I'll end up reading stuff on the internet. Sometimes I'll read actual books, fiction and nonfiction alike.

I'm a freelance editor/writer/blogger right now...think I'm going into teaching soon or perhaps a random office job. I would like to become a professional author or perhaps a musician someday -- we'll see how that goes...

Hardest thing about being INP?

The feeling we can have of absolute lack of control over our lives. This is tied up with the depersonalization and derealization phenomena.

Seeing far too many possibilities in general, and too many pitfalls within any given singular option.

Not being able to find your niche, being ensnared in a world that wants to hijack your autonomy and sense of self.

Kyroxia

Of dreams
Local time
-->
I will ask the questions, and answer them to get things started. You only have to share what you want, though.

What is your name?

lisa

Where are you from?

Australia

How old are you?

I am turning 17 in December 2015

What's your gender?

Female

I was moving on from those saggitarius stuff because I realized that it's all shit imo, and then I found mbti and got intp which slowly grew to what I am now (trying to help my feeling friends with their little troubles)

Google

In my dreams

Do you have any kids?

Nope

Do you have any pets?

no... Unless this moth that flies round in my room is one

RunningHill

Redshirt
Local time
Today 1:05 AM
-->
What is your name?

Who cares? Not like we will meet in IRL anyhow.

Where are you from?

Sweden. Most recent city is Stockholm.

How old are you?

I am 44 but people think I'm 35.

What's your gender?

Male

Actually my work types everyone for easier understanding of running things. Like don't give an INTP routine tasks.

Google. And thank you for this forum. It's sometimes a heaven to read about others with similar thinking and quirks.

*Looks around* no, not for the moment.

Do you have any kids?

*Looks around* Yep, looks like it.

Do you have any pets?

A cat.

bleo

Local time
Today 8:35 AM
-->
What is your name?

Not important.

Where are you from?

I've lived in several countries and don't belong perfectly to one. I can't answer this question.

How old are you?

Early 20s

What's your gender?

Female

A friend made me do it 2 years ago. We all questioned the validity of the whole thing. A human resource I came to know well said great things about it, though I held on to doubt the more I researched. I was an INTP then, and am frustratingly the same now. I accepted it since it told a few things about me.

First page of Google. I like threads like this one, and thought I'd join so close to my exams.

Do you have any pets?

A meowian.

Illustrative Art, swimming. Sitting in my chair and having a dialogue with myself, in my head. Thinking of creating new things. Also, doing bits of technical things and intend to make a working video game or some sort in the summer.

Conformity. I didn't like defining myself to these four letters, strictly. There's always the possibility that we're inclined to different things at different times. I'm a skeptical eggnaught, so it bothered me. I'm also self-critical so skepticism bothered me. I used to question the validity of everything - but eventually, I also regard rules as permissible because they are the result of some empirical successes. I became somewhat lazy, and happier to focus on something else.

My mind is in a conversation all the time, in everything that I do. Often, they are useless and random. I wish I was more of a do-er so that at least I am honestly scary in the outside.

SleepyDayzzz

yeet yeet
Local time
-->
Name:

Maye

Where are you from?

Hell. (Texas)

How old are you?

14. I'm a dual-student, which basically means I'm a college student and a highschool student. Though for this semester I'm only taking one college class...German...Agh...Probably one of the youngest people on here. Sorry if that's lame.

What's your gender?

Female

How did you find out that you were INTP or other type?

I like taking tests, especially things that allow me to question who I am. Found it through google.

I was curious to find others like me. So I googled it.

As much of a hopeless romantic I am, there isn't anyone I am interested in. Plus, I wouldn't date anyone because I'd only end up hurting them. Besides, I'm too young for anything to be serious. And everyone my age is stupid.

Do you have any kids?

HAHA. No. No tiny demons. :evil:

Do you have any pets?

Just a dog and a little brother.

Messing with people. Art in general. Cleaning, learning, literature as a whole, cooking, daydreaming, pacing, listening, napping in various locations, anime, video games...and lots of studying.

Hopefully one of these days I will be a graphic designer. But for now it's babysitting, helping out at the bakery, and washing dogs.

Hardest thing about INTP?

Everyone thinks I'm an ass if I don't lie constantly. I don't care about my appearance I just don't like making other people uncomfortable because they're harder to control and in some cases it just makes them annoying... It's sometimes hard to be around my friends. I'd much rather be somewhere alone, like the campus library.

I wish I could just think somewhere quiet. It's always too noisy...

Sinny91

Banned
Local time
-->
Female

As much of a hopeless romantic I am, there isn't anyone I am interested in. Plus, I wouldn't date anyone because I'd only end up hurting them. Besides, I'm too young for anything to be serious. And everyone my age is stupid.

Do you have any kids?

HAHA. No. No tiny demons. :evil:

Do you have any pets?

Just a dog and a little brother.

Messing with people. Art in general. Cleaning, learning, literature as a whole, cooking, daydreaming...and lots of studying.

Hardest thing about INTP?

Everyone thinks I'm an ass if I don't lie constantly. I don't care about my appearance I just don't like making other people uncomfortable.

Sounds like a 14 year old me. Welcome aboard.

tyjdx

en INTP Writer
Local time
-->
What is your name?
Name's Glendon

Where are you from?
I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. And I feel very strange posting this stuff on a forum but hey, what are you gonna do. Can't use TOR for everything.

How old are you?
25 as of this writing

What's your gender?
Male

Found out today by actually reading the other personality types (used to think I was INTJ =/). This (the MBTI) hasn't been my thing (since apparently before I was pegged as NOT myself) but reading the INTP profile made me understand how useful a tool the MBTI is. For the longest time I thought I was an INTJ... the test is a nice tool, but too easily fooled, particularly by someone who goes through life attacking systems /before/ determining whether they're useful. I read the INTP one and was like, "This makes waaaay more sense... I don't plan things!"

Googling for INTP-related things.

Nope. Haven't really had a good understanding of myself until a couple months ago so everything kinda turned to trash, and now, well, now I know too precisely who and what I want and too few people fill those requirements.

Do you have any kids?
No. Given the above, thank God no.

Do you have any pets?
I often think of my coworkers as pets, does that count?

What do you do for a living?
I'm an entrepreneur and a writer. The first to make money, the second to keep sane. If you ask which I'm better at, it's the latter.

I look forward to talking here and reading the walls of text folks like us are prone to putting up. Cheers!

Foofmonger

Local time
-->
What is your name?

Chris

Where are you from?

Connecticut, US.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

For a very long time. I've taken just about every MBTI type test I can find, and the results are generally INTP. I also took a class in personality assessment in college, took the paid test, and learned how to properly administer it as well as interpret results as well as spot incongruities.

Typed INTP + Forum into a search engine.

Yep.

Do you have any kids?

Nope.

Do you have any pets?

Nope.

What do you do for a living?

At the moment, nothing. I am having trouble finding adequate employment.

mrrhq

Dedicated Debian Dude
Local time
-->
According to the thread search tool, I didn't post here yet, so I will.

What is your name?

I'd rather not say. However, lots of people wonder how my username is pronounced. It is pronounced as Mr. R H.Q. There's a long and strange history with this name.

Where are you from?

Mars.... Nah, Earth.

How old are you?

I am 24... I think.

What's your gender?

A dude.

Good question. I just find that I relate to ya all the most. I seemed very ISTP when I was an autistic child.

Also, fuck those people who question my MBTI. I bet you wanna get spanked... by muh nerd paddle.

Chuck Tesla.

I desperately want a robotic sex slave. Do they have those on Mars, yet?

Do you have any kids?
Some fucking nigger is playing loud music in his car... I hate that shit. Oh yeah... Nope. Thank God.
In all seriousness though, I'm probably not gonna be the best parent. c:

Do you have any pets?

Everything I own is like a pet. Does that count?

chinpokomonnn

chinpokomon master
Local time
Today 8:05 AM
-->
hello, I am newly registered! Probably it's better for me to do intro here instead of making new thread.

What is your name?

CHINPOKOMONNN

Where are you from?

some country in SE Asia, but currently living in Japan. Insert mandatory 'English is not my first language' announcement.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

female

one day in midst of existential crisis /slash/ procrastination, google search about career test brought me to a MBTI personality test. That was probably 5 or so years ago. Over the years, I have been consistently tested as INTP, sometimes also INFP. Almost balanced between T and F.

Google. Again.

No.

Do you have any kids?
No, not interested.

Do you have any pets?

Sadly no. I want a giraffe, dammit!

Rualani

You Silly Willy
Local time
-->
I will ask the questions, and answer them to get things started. You only have to share what you want, though.

What is your name?

Joshua

Where are you from?

Indiana, USA

How old are you?

I am 27

What's your gender?

Male

Found out about MBTI while roaming the interwebs.

Incoming rant story about why I value this forum above others, with some of the more awe inspiring and possibly embarrassing conflicts I have seen on the forum. I just randomly found these threads while browsing online. I don't know how.

This thing called Pod'lair started and I was intrigued by the prospect of interpreting a type through the pattern of facial expressions. In the end, there was no way to really prove that whatever pattern is on the face, can be linked to a theory that doesn't have the most solid evidence. Desperate for other opinions on these questions, I scoured forums searching for people who were willing to brave Pod'Lairs noise and check it out for themselves. There was one thread by Architect that covered his exploration of pod'lair and discussed it openly with one of pod'lairs adherents. It was interesting to him explore it as far as he could while walking through a minefield of charged comments. It was... inspiring... I think?

I remember seeing another thread from Snafupants talking about innate race differences and the states policy 'affirmative action'. Some other blogger that I ran into online (claimed to be INTP) made some sentimentally laden rant about how terrible it was that another INTP believed such a thing. Outside this forum, such sentimental charges held weight, but here... I haven't seen THAT much of it.

Nope

Do you have any kids?

Nope

Do you have any pets?

Cat named Teagan. He hates being held. He knocks over any standing glasses. What a jerk.

rbpinheiro

Redshirt
Local time
Yesterday 8:05 PM
-->
What is your name?

Rafael, nice to meet you. :)

Where are you from?

I am from Pelotas, at the very south of Brazil.
Sorry if my english is not that good.

How old are you?

I am 26.

What's your gender?

Male

Random researches on google, was trying to find if there were any studies on the personalities of those who share my profession.
I am a software developer btw.

Links section at http://www.intpexperience.com/

Nope.

Do you have any kids?

Not really.

Do you have any pets?

No.

alkarion

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Username is Alkarion, first name is Darius.

Where are you from?

I am from the USA. Living in Rhode Island; born in Florida, raised in Connecticut.

How old are you?

I am 22.

What's your gender?

Male

I took a psychology class in high-school six years ago and learned about MBTI while studying personality and cognitive psychology.

Google.

Nope; habitually switching between singledom and partners, but its not a focus right now.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

No.

Placid Dragon

Reddragon
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Nat is my pen name for the internet

Where are you from?

The planet Earth, United States

How old are you?

I am 17

I randomly found out about MBTI online a year or 2 ago and I have been somewhat obsessed with is ever since.. I thought I was an INTJ for the longest time but I'm actually a INTP

I knew about INTJ forum, and I wondered if there was an INTP one too, and viola! there was. so here I am.

Do you have any pets?

I have one small fluffy dog that loves cheese.

Scarlet

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

It's not Scarlet, but you can call me Scarlet. :)

Where are you from?

Somewhere on the planet Earth.

How old are you?

In my 20s.

What's your gender?

Female

I'm not sure about my type.

I was looking for information on INTPs.

Why?

Do you have any kids?

Umm. No.

Do you have any pets?

Yes. :cat:

awes0me

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

My name is Paul.

Where are you from?

I am currently in Newcastle in the United Kingdom.

How old are you?

I am 46.

What's your gender?

Male

Watching random conspiracy films on youtube and other media sites.

Through Eric Debay videos.

yes

Do you have any kids?

Do you have any pets?

2 cats :)

gvn2fly

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Justin

Where are you from?

Tennessee.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male. Definitely male.

Took the test! Many times.

In my yearning and searching for answers to myself.

Going through a long overdue divorce of a 15 year relationship.

Do you have any kids?

4. Yes, I said 4.

Do you have any pets?

No. But I love Border Collies and will have one soon in my new single life!

Computer Games - Europa Universalis, Shogun 2, etc. Havent had time lately..

But the new single me would LOVE to do things like:

Racing cars - on a track - have a fast car that I drive like an a-hole.
Hang Gliding
Flying - want pilots license
Scuba
Snow Skiing
Travel, Travel, TRAVEL
Intellectually connecting with beautiful females.
..and lots MORE

General Contractor

Being constantly totally misunderstood... but Im learning :)
Being smarter than (almost) everyone else. :HALF joke:

Ember

Blazing Away
Local time
-->
So. It is time. Literally cause I saw this :

Banned for bullying poor Ember after s/he went through all the effort of rejuvenating this old, but fun thread.
Have to clear up that confusion you know, even if it is enjoyable to see

What is your name?

Ember.

Where are you from?

QLD AusLand

How old are you?

I am on my eighteenth pass around our closest star.

What's your gender?

Male

Personality Testing due to boredom in classes

MBTI 'research' due to boredom in classes

Nope.

Do you have any kids?

Nope.

Do you have any pets?

I did, but they all have an unfortunate habit of dying on me.

What is the most difficult part of being an INTP?

Isolation -> Which leads to some inner thought world which just has to stay there as you can't share it with other people because isolation which leads to frustration of sorts.

Local time
-->
Where are you from?
U.S.

How old are you?

What's your gender?
Female.

Multiple online MBTI assessments.

Yes. (INFP)

Do you have any kids?
Nope.

Do you have any pets?
A red Oscar.

Writing, car restoration, music, Scrabble.

The expectation others have of me to constantly talk, and their utter confusion when I actually do.

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->

This is genius.

Nebulous

Local time
-->
Oh yay an excuse to talk about myself more. This should be fun :D

What is your name?

"Nebulous" on here

Where are you from?

'Murica. May move to Canada depending on the results of the presidential election.

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Nonbinary.
... the term agender fits me pretty well most of the time, but I think I might be genderfluid. I pretty much range from demigirl, agender, to demiboy.

Identity crisis + google. I believe this was over two years ago.

Google again.

Nah but I have a crush on this INTJ (as I've gone on and on about on multiple threads; I am so so sorry)

Do you have any kids?

Nope! I'm 15

Do you have any pets?

Yea. A parrot, two cats, a bunny, and a three legged Labrador.

If you can think of any other questions you might like to ask new members, or myself, please add them.

I was going to do this part but now I'm tired and have lost the motivation.

zake

Redshirt
Local time
Today 4:35 AM
-->
What is your name?

My name is a Sanskrit word which means "The one who can't be defeated" :P

Where are you from?

India.

How old are you?

I am 28.

What's your gender?

Male

I wa searching for personality tests on the internet and I came across MBTI. Read a lot about it, took the test, repeated the test and it said I am an INTP.

Was looking for people with similar experiences and troubles as I have. Google got me here. Have been reading through for sometime and then I decided that I want to join in.

Kind of unrequited. Not friend-zoned though.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Had dogs ever since I was a kid and I love them. Had a couple cats too. Now I don't have any.

PS : I came to know that I was an INTP at 28!!

QuickTwist

Spiritual "Woo"
Local time
-->
What is your name?

My name is a Sanskrit word which means "The one who can't be defeated" :P

Where are you from?

India.

How old are you?

I am 28.

What's your gender?

Male

I wa searching for personality tests on the internet and I came across MBTI. Read a lot about it, took the test, repeated the test and it said I am an INTP.

Was looking for people with similar experiences and troubles as I have. Google got me here. Have been reading through for sometime and then I decided that I want to join in.

Kind of unrequited. Not friend-zoned though.

Do you have any kids?

No.

Do you have any pets?

Had dogs ever since I was a kid and I love them. Had a couple cats too. Now I don't have any.

PS : I came to know that I was an INTP at 28!!

Welcome, we could use some more active members from India. Its a fascinating culture and has a shit ton of history.

Shingi

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

Just call me my weebo name.

Where are you from?

Southeast

How old are you?

What's your gender?

Male

Everyone in my physics department was taking a test, and I got interested in my boredom after nailing my first physics speech. I ended up with intp-t, so I'm a shitler. I'll try to keep it tame.

Bing'd it. Yeah, I haven't worked up the will power to change it back to google.

Friends of Convenience.

Do you have any kids?

Nope.

Do you have any pets?

Nope.

wanderingSpark

Redshirt
Local time
-->
What is your name?

wanderingSpark

Where are you from?

stange loop

How old are you?

self-referential

What's your gender?

meaningless

Carl Jung

Boolean search

true

Do you have any kids?

false

Do you have any pets?

false

Top Bottom