Go Back   INTP Forum > The Arts and Entertainment > Gaming

Old 5th-January-2010, 12:32 PM   Cognisant's time 5th-January-2010, 10:32 PM    #1
Cognisant
Carpe noctum!

windows_xp_2003ie
Default Fallout 3 Meme

This was inspired by the Fallout 3 character-bio memes I've been reading at deviantart.com (look them up, some are hilarious).

Example1

Example2

Now considering this is a mutation of the original meme I've written some extra questions and if you haven't figured this out already, you don't have to draw anything, after all we're all incredibly lazy busy people and creative writing is no less artistic... why am I even bothering to justify this

Anyway here's the questions:
Name & Appearance?
What did you get in the G.O.A.T?
Is your character good, neutral or evil?
What is the best feature in Fallout 3? Boooring!
Who is your favourite NPC and why?
Who is your least favourite NPC and why?
What is your favourite perk and weapon?
What style of character were you aiming for? (stealthy, heavy, talker, JoAT, etc)
Which perks worked best for you and why?
Which were your favourite weapons and why?
Which quest did you enjoy the most and why?
Which quest did you enjoy the least? and why?
What do you think your character's mother would look like? (don't be serious)
Out of ten what score would you give Fallout 3? Boooring!
How would you make Fallout 3 better in terms of game-design?
How do you think it should have ended?
If two people from this forum could be chosen as in-game NPC bodyguards (personalities included), who would you choose and what's your reason for choosing them?
Cognisant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-January-2010, 08:28 PM   Decaf's time 5th-January-2010, 12:28 PM    #2
Decaf
Professional Amateur

windows_xp_2003firefox
Default Re: Fallout 3 Meme

Name & Appearance?

Jonas
I picked it my first time through before I knew I was going to meet another Jonas 5 seconds later. But then he died, so I figure it was a "This town's not big enough" scenario.

And thanks to the Jonas Brothers, I can never use the name again...

Shift Supervisor

meh... good. I killed random folk to try to keep it at normalish, but quests give lots of karma.

Harold
I mean seriously, how can he not be?

Mayor Macready
Such an annoying part of the quest, and you can't even kill him to get past it.

What style of character were you aiming for? (stealthy, heavy, talker, JoAT, etc)

The Stealthy Sniper
Once I got a mod that let me put a silencer on my sniper rifle, I can't say things were very fair. Still fun though

Light Step
This one certainly made my life easier. Plus I never ran out of frag grenades.

The Lincoln Repeater
Outside of VATS it was fantastically accurate. Modded to a silenced model it became death on wheels.

Election Day
Rigged the election and got Dave kicked out of his own paradise Should I feel guilty?

Tenpenny Tower
This one's simple. I helped convince the people to be nice and invite the ghouls in, and then the ghouls killed everyone. Hey whatever. But then when I went to kill Roy, everyone became angry with me and I lost access to all the stores. Bastards.

What do you think your character's mother would look like?

Samus Aran
I just thought the costume was pretty bad ass.

RTS
There's a mod called Real Time Settler that lets you basically construct your own town, complete with residents that you recruit and raiders you have to fight off. Fantastic mod, and would have been an excellent addition to the basic gameplay (perhaps unlockable). You should check it out if you still play the game.

Ended? What is this you speak of? It should have "ended" in sandbox mode where you play out the rest of the content as you see fit. One of the expansions did this, so I'm reasonably happy.

If two people from this forum could be chosen as in-game NPC bodyguards (personalities included), who would you choose and what's your reason for choosing them?

Life in the wasteland is violent, so I need some help that doesn't mind getting a few blood stains.

Plus its super depressing, so I need someone with a good sense of humor about the super depressing.

Old 6th-January-2010, 01:51 AM   Adaire's time 5th-January-2010, 06:51 PM    #3
Adaire
Resident Member

windows_98_nt_2000opera

Quote:
Name & Appearance?
Buffy- In Fallout II using this name gets you free armor and a machine gun, so I'd figured I'd just go with it again.

Quote:

Clinical Test Subject

Quote:
Good, until I reached the endgame, then I went on a few killing sprees

Quote:
Who is your favorite NPC and why?
Three Dog, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts.

I liked Charon too; excellent companion.

Quote:
Brian Wilkes, an annoying little child who kept getting himself killed.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Stealthy thief towards the beginning; became steadily more destructive. Mini-nukes are fun.
Also high speech + high intelligence = better dialogue and more quests.

Quote:

Grim Reaper's Sprint- infinite action points as long as you kill the enemy.

Quote:
Which were your favorite weapons and why?
The shishkebab. It's a flaming sword, pretty self evident.
Spoiler:

Quote:
The vampire cult one in Arefu. It was ever so much fun to kill the 'clan' after joining it.

Quote:
'Those!' Since Brian Wilkes is incredibly annoying

.....and fire breathing ants.
Spoiler:

Quote:

Spoiler:

Quote:
I would make the NukaCola factories actually look different from the tricycle/teddy bear factories.

Quote:
I wish Dad would have lived. :(
Gameplay wise, it should have allowed you to continue playing side quests.

Quote:
The Fury, since Dogmeat needs a playmate. :P

Ogion, I'll have him carry all the heavy stuff and explosive weaponry ie rocket launchers, genades, and fat mans. He won't waste ammunition since he won't be too trigger happy, and I'm fairly sure I could him trust not to blow me up in a fire fight.
Adaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th-June-2010, 08:32 AM   Kokoro's time 25th-June-2010, 03:32 AM    #4
Kokoro

windows_xp_2003safari

For some reason this thread popped into my mind right in the middle of mowing the lawn. So I decided to fire up fraps, grab some screen shots, and partake. However, I’m curious, where is your bio, Cog?

Name & Appearance?

I am a man with no name. At least I have been since I got out of the vault. Before I got out, I believe that I was... "Little" Mikey... or something like that. That's in the past.

Vault Loyalty Inspector... I still don't understand how that title works, but it specializes in lock picking, so it's all good.

First play through, I was an angel. It seemed like the game was almost designed to be played that way, or at least push you that way. In subsequent replays... I'm bad to the bone. Because evil is fun.

Mister Burke. Why? Because he calls the annihilation of an entire city... "transcendent beauty." Plus the shades.

-Hello Mister Burke, what's that on the table?
-"Ah. The anticipation is palpable. Isn't it?"

Princess. She won't die! That character makes me want to install the killable children mod. Too bad you can't sell her into slavery like Bumble.

What style of character were you aiming for? (stealthy,
heavy, talker, JoAT, etc)

I mainly went for the stealthy-assassin/explorer approach.

I clear the area with Ol' Painless.

Then, I move in, and... look fervently for bobble heads!

Animal Friend. I have enough things to worry about and fight off already. I don't need every mutated animal in the wasteland trying to make me dinner.

Don't feed the Yao Guais!

The silenced MP5-looking modification to Sydney's 10mm "Ultra" SMG looks cool and is highly effective in medium to close ranges.

Also, It may not be a multi-situation weapon, but there is nothing like laying waste to the wasteland with multiple mini-nukes from the Experimental MIRV.

Tranquility Lane was a nice break from the normal quest. What's not enjoyable about 20-or-so Chinese soldiers invading 'Pleasantville' with extreme prejudice?

It's the Pint-Sized Slasher!

The Nuka-Cola Challenge was lame. A collection objective? Sure, it's easy, but come on.

Well, this explains a lot.

I thought that the world and overall setting that they made was solid. However, actual vanilla game play, while fun, just wasn't challenging at all.

What I would do to make it better has already been done. The 'Fallout Wanderers Edition' mod is perfect for me. Some of the main highlights of the mod:
Spoiler:
-Firefights are vicious. Ballistics and locational damage are more realistic. Becoming crippled(and crippling) is much easier, and has more drastic side effects. You actually have to have some tactics like ambushing, superior firepower, and outmaneuvering/flanking if you want to do well in combat. Very fun.
-First aid is more complex.
-Bullet time and sprinting capabilities (based on action points) if you want them.
-Hunger, thirst, and fatigue/sleep needs with side effects and consequences for neglection.(I saw another mod with excretion needs. Haha, that would be a nice touch. Hate to be spotted by a squad of super-mutants while having diarrhea.) Balanced out with a portable grille, water purifier, and sleeping mat.
-Better living through chemicals! Take 2C-B to give some psychedelic color to the wasteland, morphine to keep going after breaking a limb, or just smoke a joint. Beware of withdrawals though.
-Everything is weighted, even ammo. You have to plan accordingly.
-Crafting capabilities at work benches.
-Pitch black nights.

I thought that it ended just fine, story wise. Game play wise, I would have liked to see more impact on the wasteland depending on your choices at the end.

One would be Adymus, because he is one of the few on here that makes me laugh out loud when he cracks a joke. I could use someone with a compatible sense of humor to liven up the wasteland.

The other, EditorOne, because he strikes me as someone with a good amount of experienced based wisdom. Whether it's the kind of wisdom needed in the wastes or not, time will tell.

On second thought, I don't like to manage supplies for, and look after the well being of, more than one companion at a time. I'd keep EditorOne's brain in jar, and only consult him when advice is really needed.
Old 29th-June-2010, 08:03 PM   Haven's time 29th-June-2010, 03:03 PM    #5
Haven
Redshirt

windows_xp_2003firefox

eal Vault-Tec

http://www.terravivos.com/

Now you can secure your very own spot in a REAL underground vault.
Haven is offline   Reply With Quote