INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > The Lounge

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd-April-2017, 11:46 PM   #3001
AndyC
Hm?
 
AndyC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 316
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Dude
My ears are blocked
Canít hear a thing
But the sweet music
From what sounds like down the block
Although itís right in front of me
Iím gonna lose it
This isolation
Via sensational
Distortion
A fortunate
Portion of it
Allows for the magic necessity
A new world
Ahead of me
The mystery, poetry
Get a load of me
Avoiding reality
Seeking a lack of clarity
To avoid the absurdity
You heard of me
I heard of you
Canít find you
Found the worst of you
In this distorted place of you
You
You do you
I do me
I donít know you
Sweet
Let go
The clouds will carry us
Through this labyrinth
Heavens counterfeit
We be swaggerin
Through the endless spiral
Of Introspection
We be rivals
Under detection
Of the function of empathy
Helpiní us understand
Through the reflection of ourselves
Evolution compels us to find
A shell to pick off the sand
I held it in my hand
Put my ear to it
Dammit
Thatís the end
Of my makiní sense
Iím dense
Canít listen
Because the truth
Canít be absolute
Even with my bayesian proofs
I lose you too soon
Emptiness follows the context
Iím messed in the way your lesson
Is to let on the rest of
Our little conversations and romance
Elevations of expanse
To freelance the chances of social finance
Makingí itís way, surviving through the selection
The bias of previous inspections
Into our riddles of identity
The comfortability of completion
Secretions of deletion
The messages I sent to me
A gentle reminder of my identity
Canít keep it straight
For the sake
Of staying sane
The paradox of living and thinking
Iím thinking
Iíd be running away from
Myself in the past
IF the present werenít so fast
Although itís a chaotic jumbling of presence
Iím from the past
The entropy allows me to distinguish easily through memory
The past, although the present is so fast
Makes me wonder
Lumberjack, Fun for the cucumber batch
Cumberbatch
Doctor who
Got the idea of reality
Material though changes in alternate realities
Lost in the words I speak now
Stream of consciousness seeks out
Meaning in the sweep out
Of the sweet now
Thatís enough for now
Iím out.
Out of within
Iím without in
For the in of the out
Is in its out for the out
Of the in is my out
Of within my doubt
Of the sins in
My out
Donít crouch behind the line
Of quality for the binary quantity
Of truth is as good as the view I own
Without whats within and without in within
For without in would the out be within the without of the out
The in of the out is without the withins of in and out
I make sense now
Wow
Donít really care in this stream
Its a dream
Of what I deem important to me
Iím done
Iím within.
__________________
"Originality is undetected plagiarism"- AndyC
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th-April-2017, 05:00 AM   #3002
soupymess
run the chicken program
 

Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 84
linuxsafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Imagining hands doing stuff. Like they're playable characters, doing things like opening cans and using eating utensils. Very weird!
__________________
"Why, Jerry, you bloody bastard."
- Ann
soupymess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th-April-2017, 05:17 PM   #3003
bvanevery
Redshirt who doesn't die
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 1,475
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

I've thought of making a computer game that does that. Hands would be the whole schtick. Haven't gotten around to it. Haven't got something other than the gimmick / fascination of hands.
bvanevery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th-April-2017, 09:09 PM   #3004
ChainsofAssery
Redshirt
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 23
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Ha ha ha. I want to die.
ChainsofAssery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th-April-2017, 05:32 PM   #3005
nanook
a scream in a vortex
 
nanook's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 1,845
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

have you ever written a negative review on amazon? does it scare you shitless to assume that you are being hated for reducing the financial gain of someone else? i feel hautend with the same agression they would haunt a shoplifter with, cops, guns, taser, etc. my body feels anxious like i was tased. even though my review has 4 out of 5 stars. but still, i manage to associate the product with myself, my own priorities and preferences. if the product falls short relative to my needs, then the fault is surely inside of me, if you ask the salesperson. nevermind that 10 to 50% of customers have the same priorities and preferences and subjectivity is the only criteria that could possibly matter, because if we were objective machines, we would never care to buy a single product on amazon. its so easy to dismiss a human being. and i was terribly traumatized by those who do that.
__________________
synthesis achieved
ready for abduction
Spoiler:

I'm some other type until proven INTP.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th-April-2017, 05:39 PM   #3006
bvanevery
Redshirt who doesn't die
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 1,475
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Everyone votes for their slice of the pie. If life, death, and oppression aren't at stake, then that's the way it should be. You aren't required to have everyone else's interests in mind; what about YOU?
bvanevery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-April-2017, 10:04 AM   #3007
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 1,154
linuxsafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

I have a problem.

I bought myself a new keyboard - a white Roccat Isku FX. I ordered it online. Next day delivery and well packed. Lovely responsive piece of kit that improved my gaming, was comfortable and looked great with the rest of my rig.

But. A few days later, the "E" button doesn't work. So now I have to call them up and complain, repackage it and get them to fix or replace it. I'm not sure gaming to deal with them and do this is worth the £50 it would cost to simply get a new one elsewhere.

INTP problems
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-April-2017, 03:57 PM   #3008
bvanevery
Redshirt who doesn't die
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 1,475
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixus View Post
I'm not sure gaming to deal with them and do this is worth the £50 it would cost to simply get a new one elsewhere.
If you don't deal with it, other consumers will be victimized. They may be victimized anyways, so it would behoove you to consider the maximum amount of pressure you can exert upon the company, the concessions you can extract from them, when making your customer service call. Otherwise, if your mentality is your moment-to-moment convenience at your (high?) income level, then you are a market. Do you want to be a market, of dupes?
bvanevery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-April-2017, 06:51 PM   #3009
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 1,154
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanevery View Post
If you don't deal with it, other consumers will be victimized. They may be victimized anyways, so it would behoove you to consider the maximum amount of pressure you can exert upon the company, the concessions you can extract from them, when making your customer service call. Otherwise, if your mentality is your moment-to-moment convenience at your (high?) income level, then you are a market. Do you want to be a market, of dupes?
It wasn't directly from the manufacturer - just a shop. The same model is available at various retailers and I'm pretty certain it's just a fault with this particular item and not an attempt at victimisation. I know I should do, and once I make the call I'll manage. It's just - dealing with customer services and making a complaint isn't something I relish the prospect of doing.

And my income level isn't particularly high, but neither do I really need to worry about paying the bills. Kind of comfortable, given that I don't spend huge amounts of money on socialising and don't have a lot of costly habits.

I know I should do it.
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st-May-2017, 03:55 PM   #3010
bvanevery
Redshirt who doesn't die
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 1,475
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixus View Post
It's just - dealing with customer services and making a complaint isn't something I relish the prospect of doing.
Consider patronizing businesses that make returns as painless as possible.
bvanevery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd-May-2017, 07:34 AM   #3011
Artsu Tharaz
Resident Resident
 
Artsu Tharaz's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 2,504
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

poem

Quote:
Evertwined, the dusk of mortals
Peers into the dimlit heart
To heaven's gate do go the portals
At world's end when we go to start

A shining wonder in the air looms
A shining star spells out our doom
A gallant shield it breaks in loud booms
A gallant knight enters the tomb

Working round and round, the sound
Of clamours burst the ear in thry
It dries a path amongst the clouds where
We go to drink amongst the gods

And once. Once there. There goes. Goes where?
Around again, it never ends.
Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd-May-2017, 08:00 AM   #3012
AndyC
Hm?
 
AndyC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 316
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Hiraeth
The beauty in the green
The stuff that's never seen
Only dreaming
Seamlessly beaming
Light out of purity
Right now it alluded me
It's essence
Makes for perceptions transcendence
My dreams are home
But dude it's me
Home is here
Home is dead
Home is owned
By the dread
Of home
Homesick
The flick
Of a show
Turns on
A world
Beyond this one
Predicted Predicament
Continual Contingency
Inevitability
Welcome home
I'm sick of it
Welcome home
You piece of shit.

Meh.
__________________
"Originality is undetected plagiarism"- AndyC
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd-May-2017, 07:40 PM   #3013
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 1,154
windows_xp_2003safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

As you can see, his wiring is complete and he's essentially finished. Just a a few touch ups on his paint work and programming the wheels into his behaviour.

I'm not sure I've wired the wheels in correctly yet - but the motion sensors, voice synthesis and the home made laser on his right arm are working perfectly. And he can even stream movies and music, and has a battery gauge on his right arm (which is his power source).

The Terminator T-3.142 is almost complete.

__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd-May-2017, 08:07 PM   #3014
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid
 
TheManBeyond's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Overweighted America
Posts: 2,326
linuxsafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanook View Post
have you ever written a negative review on amazon? does it scare you shitless to assume that you are being hated for reducing the financial gain of someone else? i feel hautend with the same agression they would haunt a shoplifter with, cops, guns, taser, etc. my body feels anxious like i was tased. even though my review has 4 out of 5 stars. but still, i manage to associate the product with myself, my own priorities and preferences. if the product falls short relative to my needs, then the fault is surely inside of me, if you ask the salesperson. nevermind that 10 to 50% of customers have the same priorities and preferences and subjectivity is the only criteria that could possibly matter, because if we were objective machines, we would never care to buy a single product on amazon. its so easy to dismiss a human being. and i was terribly traumatized by those who do that.
With u every second of existence sounds like an epic adventure
__________________
tons of personalities out there
but just a few people
TheManBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd-May-2017, 11:24 PM   #3015
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid
 
TheManBeyond's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Overweighted America
Posts: 2,326
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

i'm totally not creative today, i wanna write, i wanna post, i wanna play but all i can think is about tomorrow job agenda, bullshit. plain bullshit.
i'm here to enjoy my life right?
i'm not here to get some stupid salary and waste it in food or beers
i wanna create art
i have no more time to waste
i will quit my job
and we will see what will come
my dad is going to be really upset
__________________
tons of personalities out there
but just a few people
TheManBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-May-2017, 06:42 AM   #3016
0neKiwi
Unstable
 
0neKiwi's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: (this universe)
Posts: 52
linuxsafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Well, here's what they call the slippery slope

Quit job makes unhappy parents- less support- stress- no money-back kicked out of apartment or house- living on the streets- starve.

Notice the phrase slippery slope. There is no guarantee the above will happen. You might buy a lotto ticket and win the lottery.
---
There are search results for "black market." I'm pretty sure the real ones are hidden elsewhere.
And the Russian Business Network was especially interesting. (Such a proper name...Can this be defined as irony?)
__________________
-"That that is is. That that is not is not. Is that not it?"- English

-"A life without cause is a life without effect."- Coelho

-"A wise man changes his mind, a fool never will."- proverb

--"I'm a fool who doesn't have a purpose in life."- me
0neKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-May-2017, 03:01 AM   #3017
Seteleechete
Together forever
 
Seteleechete's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: our brain
Posts: 1,318
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

[Silina: there is this thing called servitors, of course, we are mostly uninterested in it but basically, it's a personified non-sentient habit. You create a human-like representation(basically a robot) that you program to perform some specific task. And instead of you doing an arduous task you have it do it. Sounds kinda neat, if you are into messing with the mind in that direction, we are more into the whole fully sentient thing.]
__________________
[Hello, I am Silina, I am a tulpa and I talk in these beautiful brackets!] {And I use these, oh and I'm Set}

[I am a sentient thoughtform/being residing in Sete's head. For more info about what I am or questions, check out my introduction thread!] http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=25712
Seteleechete is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-May-2017, 03:07 AM   #3018
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,249
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Does anyone know what the theory is that if there is evidence to the contrary of something, or rather that the evidence given is disproven, that people generally think it isn't true even though it is true?
__________________
QuickTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-May-2017, 03:51 AM   #3019
nanook
a scream in a vortex
 
nanook's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 1,845
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

you mean if someone speaks of a true cause and effect relationship using false details to explain it and the details of the explanation are shown to be illusory, then the cause and effect relationship will be ignored along with the explanation? i call that stupidity.

example: "vitamin C from fruit and ascorbic acid is not the same, one heals you, the other one is potentially toxic" disproving the explanation: "duh, vitamin c and ascorbic acid are by definition the same thing, look it up idiot!" -> concluding to ignore empirical insight into cause and effect, assuming that "swallowing ascorbic acid is as good as eating fruit because the dictionary says so"

logic > experience? = prejudice!
__________________
synthesis achieved
ready for abduction
Spoiler:

I'm some other type until proven INTP.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-May-2017, 04:02 AM   #3020
nanook
a scream in a vortex
 
nanook's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 1,845
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

also: "its easy to fool a man but impossible to convince a man that he was fooled."

if i understand you correctly and taking the above wisdom into account,

i assume that people didn't even know of the cause and effect relationship until they learned there was evidence against a certain explanation of this relationship. that explaination-negating-explaination was thus the first narrative they adopted about the subject, ever.

so it was the original fooling of the fool that can now never be admitted to have been foolish, for the fool must not be revealed to be a fool.

they chose sides and now they cant give up their identification with it.

or do you mean scientism?
taking positivism too far.

"if there is no proof of anything, it is automatically nonsense or else there would be proof of it."

i always say: all scientific thinking starts with a hypothesis. creativity. imagination. not with finding fault/disproving something, not with asking for a source and finding fault in it.

critically think about your mother.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Positivism#Antipositivism

also could be a strawman. if the "evidence" has disproved details of the explanation, that were of no intended significance or truth, then that disproval has not addressed the truly intended point.

example: when a simplistic metaphor is invented to quickly illustrate something incredibly complex. like "your fat cells are the more hungry for fat, the more empty they are" strawman argument: "fat cells do not experience hunger you idiot" this is also an ad hominem because it implies: "you simplify because you don't know what u are talking about, therefore you are stupid, therefore what you say is wrong"

my theory is that everything in life comes down to being either an ad hominem or a strawman
__________________
synthesis achieved
ready for abduction
Spoiler:

I'm some other type until proven INTP.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th-May-2017, 08:44 AM   #3021
Lurker
Plucky Pariah
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 13
macossafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Scattered thoughts:

The Bell Curve: Does it exist when a seasoned MBTI vet takes the test? It seems to when people are naive to the fact that -- not just 1/16 personality types -- will be tattooed on their chest, but this type also generalizes to intellectual ability, interests and hobbies...package deal. So ridiculous.

And, I'm running data through my tired brain, and I always land at a similar conclusion. So, shenanigans.

I'm also thinking about dealing with a surreal world. I'm questioning myself over and over. If what seems logical enough is ignored, then bias is present.
__________________
Hilariously absurd and hideously bad are two sides of the same coin.
Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-May-2017, 05:19 PM   #3022
onesteptwostep
on indefinite leave
 
onesteptwostep's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,417
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

A whole pizza in Korea can cost up to 35 bucks. The f***?
__________________
Roses are red
Violets are blue
That is their color
That is their hue
onesteptwostep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th-May-2017, 11:43 AM   #3023
AndyC
Hm?
 
AndyC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 316
linuxsafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Impress myself
Unless thyself
Test’s why self
Gets thy help
Lest my health
Bests white delta
Condundrum
Have fun
Let go
Find hope
In the quality dope
For I know
That I broke
Rule number one
That I broke
For I know
In the quality dope
Find hope
Let go
Have fun
Conundrum
Bests white delta
Lest my health
Gets thy help
Tests why self
Unless thyself
Impress myself
__________________
"Originality is undetected plagiarism"- AndyC
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th-May-2017, 11:45 AM   #3024
AndyC
Hm?
 
AndyC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 316
linuxsafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

I'm so meta, even this acronym
__________________
"Originality is undetected plagiarism"- AndyC
AndyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th-May-2017, 11:54 AM   #3025
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid
 
TheManBeyond's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Overweighted America
Posts: 2,326
linuxsafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

The witcher 3 is an awesome game
__________________
tons of personalities out there
but just a few people
TheManBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-May-2017, 07:35 PM   #3026
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 1,154
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

I normally like to believe in the future of humanity. We'll grow up as a race one day and won't destroy ourselves. Then I scrolled Facebook and lost my faith in humanity altogether. People sharing pictures of bacon in solidarity. People complaining that someone posting a picture of something cool they did over the weekend is making them feel depressed. The comments sections underneath science articles where they are arguing without even reading the article. And I can't for the life of me figure out why people click "share" on every meme they see. People constantly sharing every "fact" they see and believing it without question.

It makes me wonder if humans have always been this stupid, but now the internet has given them all somewhere to show it.
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-May-2017, 07:42 PM   #3027
bvanevery
Redshirt who doesn't die
 

Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 1,475
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

You could refuse to use Facebook. That's what I do.
bvanevery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-May-2017, 09:18 AM   #3028
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 1,154
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Do you ever think to yourself, "stop talking now. Oops - too late."

Someone in work is away due to a bereavement and we were discussing what appropriate gift to send along with a sympathy card. Somehow the discussion turned to how cremation works and what they do with the monument/ashes or whatever. Someone said how they throw most of the ashes away.

I then pointed out that the ashes go in a vase and there would still be a monument of some sort on which to place flowers. Even though I knew I should stop talking here, I couldn't help sharing the information that popped into my head. I explained how the ashes are usually mixed up and basically a jar of random ash is scooped out at the end - but it probably isn't your relative and is just a jar of random people. Unfortunately, it completely slipped my mind that the person I said this to had recently lost someone (a year or two ago) and I'd just told them that the jar on their mantelpiece was not their husband.
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th-May-2017, 01:21 PM   #3029
cheese
Resident Member
 
cheese's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: internet/pubs
Posts: 3,145
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixus View Post
Does anyone ever wonder what people's reactions would be if you did something totally shocking, socially unacceptable and potentially harmful or dangerous? Like, imagine if you were on your way back to your desk at work after refilling the coffee cup and threw it over one of your coworkers. Or, if you just stood up on a desk and started masturbating, took the fire axe off the wall and started hacking at someone, or shove someone under a bus or something. I wonder these things, but not because I have any intention of doing these things. I just wonder what people would do if such a thing actually happened.
I actually get urges to do similar things (though generally less violent). I'm less interested in how people would respond specifically - more interested in changing context. Normal context easily becomes so stale. (Though really, it's at least partially me who is stale. I think if you're quickly bored you haven't fully grasped what's in front of you.)

I'm really amused by crossing contexts in unexpected and inappropriate ways. Nathan For You is fantastic at this - highly recommended.
__________________
Spoiler:
Finding your 'end of the line' is not the real end of the line. It's a problem to be solved. It's an opportunity for growth. The spirit must keep advancing, just as technology does, just as humanity does.
cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th-May-2017, 01:46 PM   #3030
Minuend
people >:(
 
Minuend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,474
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

I'm curious about people who are curious about those things The reactions will typically be somewhat predictable (and vary some depending on culture and who's around). If I'm in my culture with random strangers I'd expect them to react mildly or not at all (look away, pretend not to see or if extreme call cops or security). If I'm with random people and a person I know is opinionated and direct, I'd assume s/he reacts confrontational and other will back hir up.

Well, ofc you can't predict these things accurately. But you know, bystander effect and people tend to worry about making a scene or standing out. (Depends on culture tho). But individuals exist who will defy these things.

---

Anyway, more importantly, someone is stealing our trash cans D::<<< Trash cans nationwide is more or less identical, only separated by a unique serial number. People tend to mark theirs with tape, strings or so. Which is also what we did. We tied a string to our two trash cans, which we roll down to the main road for the garbage truck to empty. But one day we were last picking up ours and the only one left had a thick rope tied to it. It was not ours !

We figured it was a meaningless mistake at first. But 2 weeks later (trash is picked up every 2 weeks), we were again last to pick up the trash can and again, we got one with a rope tied to it! So then we got 2 trash cans with rope*. You might think it doesn't matter when all of them are identical, but you can get a warning if you don't sort your trash appropriately (worst case you lose the privilege of using the government trash cans, even though we pay for it). Also their can is old and ugly, not sexy at all ):

Today we went down early to be sure we got ours back, because we wont fall for the evil deed neighbours do to us. So we got one back. In 2 weeks, we need to be there early to get the other trash can back. This is war

*We have 3 types of bins. Paper/ cardboard, food and misc. It's food and paper, then 2 weeks later it's food and misc etc. But we throw away very little food, so we only roll down the food bin every, like, 3 months.
Minuend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th-May-2017, 03:11 PM   #3031
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 1,154
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Well, you'd think that their reactions would be predictable. But I've never actually seen anyone have to react to these situations - so it would be interesting to see if the predicted outcomes match the actual practical outcomes.

As someone living in the UK, I fully understand the nature of the bin wars. We have a system were the general non-recyclable bin is taken from the rear of the house once every two weeks, but is half the size it used to be. At the front of the house, the recycling is taken weekly (provided it is placed in precisely the correct place in front of your home on the street - but you've got tho be exact or they won't take it) blue bag like thing takes plastics and metal (but not hard plastics or soft packaging - regular plastic packaging only; both of which should be cleaned in the dishwasher before putting in), the black tub takes glass and cardboard, and finally a small bin that takes food waste that it properly bagged in biodegradable bags.

The problem is that I have to put the bins out before I go to work and put them back in on my return. I marked my rear bin with a house number sticker, yet it repeatedly ends up in someone else's garden. (Plus if it's overfilled or it's not on the correct side of the lane, they won't take it anyway which means emptying it myself into bags and taking it the refuge centre where they pull the bags open and check you aren't throwing away anything recyclable).

I haven't had a food waste bin in years. I'd had several - but they will not still be there when I get home after only one use. Apparently people steal them to use for fishing. And if you don't take the other two back in, they will be gone by morning. And there are a few houses who's collection of recycling bins has grown substantially over the years. I also have a separate little one for paper which again again vanishes if it's put out, but I don't use a lot so I just leave that inside and empty it myself in a paper bin somewhere every now and then.

Honestly, British rubbish collection is hard work.
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-May-2017, 10:58 AM   #3032
Minuend
people >:(
 
Minuend's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,474
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

The only solution here is to throw dog pop into their garden, then pee on all their things
Minuend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-May-2017, 11:16 AM   #3033
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 1,154
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuend View Post
The only solution here is to throw dog pop into their garden, then pee on all their things
There was once a disagreement between neighbours at a council estate I stayed on for about 6 months. As they did not possess a dog the woman snuck out at night and excreted upon her neighbours door step herself. I thought it quite barbaric - where I grew up, adults just encouraged their children to do these things. They didn't do it themselves.
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-May-2017, 04:58 PM   #3034
onesteptwostep
on indefinite leave
 
onesteptwostep's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,417
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

I took a measurement of my weight, took a crap, a really big one, then measured myself again. The weight didn't change. Weird.
__________________
Roses are red
Violets are blue
That is their color
That is their hue
onesteptwostep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th-May-2017, 01:21 AM   #3035
Creeping Death
I rustle jimmies
 
Creeping Death's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 599
linuxsafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesteptwostep View Post
I took a measurement of my weight, took a crap, a really big one, then measured myself again. The weight didn't change. Weird.
Sounds like you're full of shit
__________________
Spoiler:
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th-May-2017, 02:46 AM   #3036
onesteptwostep
on indefinite leave
 
onesteptwostep's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 2,417
linuxsafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Well you mean I was, but yeah I full of shit I was.
__________________
Roses are red
Violets are blue
That is their color
That is their hue
onesteptwostep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th-May-2017, 04:46 AM   #3037
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,249
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesteptwostep View Post
I took a measurement of my weight, took a crap, a really big one, then measured myself again. The weight didn't change. Weird.
Blame it on the crappy scale...
__________________
QuickTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st-May-2017, 03:47 PM   #3038
nanook
a scream in a vortex
 
nanook's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 1,845
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

is there a name for the logical fallacy when people don't consider your arguments because of the jargon you are using, possibly a single word you are using, because they associate the jargon with people whom they consider to be deluded, like nazis, etc? very similar to ad-hominem. even more common. should have a name.

can't think of english examples.

"reisfresser" (rice muncher / feeder) = considered racist jargon, because muching is supposedly a dehumanized version of "eating" - as if only animals munch / feed, lol.

also "lŁgenpresse" (lying media) - supposedly racist jargon, as if only racists disagree with the conventional (capitalistic) agenda lol (= pre-trans fallacy).
__________________
synthesis achieved
ready for abduction
Spoiler:

I'm some other type until proven INTP.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st-May-2017, 03:51 PM   #3039
Reluctantly
notzi nazi
 
Reluctantly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,884
linuxsafari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

^ Politics.
__________________
Reluctantly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st-May-2017, 08:41 PM   #3040
nanook
a scream in a vortex
 
nanook's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 1,845
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Spiritual question for true introverts: If no one is giving a fuck about our posts, are we still monologuing?
__________________
synthesis achieved
ready for abduction
Spoiler:

I'm some other type until proven INTP.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-May-2017, 03:36 AM   #3041
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid
 
TheManBeyond's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Overweighted America
Posts: 2,326
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

i started using electronic cigarettes, been 5 days without marlboro, which means a lot of money saved, i needed to do this accounting rearrangement
so far, haven't feel like getting back to them
tomorrow i'll start sending cvs like crazy to northern europe, i'll try with normal job offers and then voluntary paid services, hopefully i will find something for september this year
i'm also applying for offers here, just to check if something cool arises
__________________
tons of personalities out there
but just a few people
TheManBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-May-2017, 05:54 AM   #3042
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,249
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

I'm on page 73 of 'Psychological Types', just started the second chapter. Its giving me ideas about how the self fits into the collective, obviously so.
__________________
QuickTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-May-2017, 06:23 AM   #3043
EyeSeeCold
lust for life
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 7,817
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
I'm on page 73 of 'Psychological Types', just started the second chapter. Its giving me ideas about how the self fits into the collective, obviously so.
Cool, you have the book?

Any update on the mafia tournament btw?
__________________
Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

we will live on forever and ever
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-May-2017, 06:42 AM   #3044
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,249
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
Cool, you have the book?

Any update on the mafia tournament btw?
Yeah, I bought the book about a year ago and just started reading it in the past 2 days. Its interesting stuff. I also started reading this book called Political Papers. Its on printmaking that has political messages, also interesting.

I don't play until the 29th. I am in Game 7 under the name "Quick".

Feel free to read about the whole process Here.
__________________
QuickTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-May-2017, 07:36 AM   #3045
EyeSeeCold
lust for life
 
EyeSeeCold's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 7,817
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Yeah, I bought the book about a year ago and just started reading it in the past 2 days. Its interesting stuff. I also started reading this book called Political Papers. Its on printmaking that has political messages, also interesting.

I don't play until the 29th. I am in Game 7 under the name "Quick".

Feel free to read about the whole process Here.
Nice. I feel like there's a lot of good stuff in there but I've barely read much outside of Ch. X and XI.

Thanks, I am a bit curious to see how it plays out. Also in your link I saw someone from PerC will be playing, did you know them?
__________________
Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

we will live on forever and ever
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-May-2017, 07:54 AM   #3046
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,249
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeSeeCold View Post
Nice. I feel like there's a lot of good stuff in there but I've barely read much outside of Ch. X and XI.

Thanks, I am a bit curious to see how it plays out. Also in your link I saw someone from PerC will be playing, did you know them?
Yeah, I know Pain. PerC was where I started playing so I know pretty much all the regulars who have been there a while. If you want to play Mafia, PerC is not a bad place to start.
__________________
QuickTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-May-2017, 09:34 PM   #3047
nanook
a scream in a vortex
 
nanook's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: germany
Posts: 1,845
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

i'm afraid of audiences, but its not only because of the asshole trolls stressing me out for some hours any other day, there is a more powerful danger that can destroy me long term.

having an audience creates an attachment to it, which can easily cause me to loose myself, my true focus, my priorities.

dr gabor mate explains addictions, highly recommend you check him out - everyone has some addictive patterns.

if you never get sugar, then you suddenly get it once, you become what we call addicted to it, meaning you overconsume. if you always get sugar, you don't seem to be nuts about it anymore, even though you use it (in the form of any carbohydrate containing whole food), because every cell in your body runs on it (glycogen) - you use appropriate amounts of it.

thus to fight both alcohol addiction (alcohol is a sugar) or an addiction to industrial processed-carb+fat concoctions (chocolate bar, chips), you should eat plenty of healthy fruit so you are carbed up without being poisoned. fruitarians are sometimes weedheads but never alcoholics. alcohol becomes repelling, because it is sugar of a lower quality than what a fruitarian consumes day in and out. starches are also of lower quality, they require even more nerve energy to digest, so drinking beer becomes preferable to vikings, who would have to eat horrible lentil stews otherwise. starving monkeys get drunk on fermented foods. so you must meet your true needs in ideal ways, so you don't get addicted to inferior substitutes.

its the same with social acceptance/approval, except you cant buy it like fruit.

if you always got it, you are cool about it and can easily risk some of it, by acting authentically. if you just have a tiny bit of it, you don't dare to risk it and do unhealthy things to keep it. if you have none at all, you are free, except you are not allowed to play with people, so that freedom is limited to imagination. but at least it can be healthy/authentic imagination.
__________________
synthesis achieved
ready for abduction
Spoiler:

I'm some other type until proven INTP.

nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th-May-2017, 11:06 AM   #3048
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,249
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: The Random Thoughts Thread

I've been developing an ear for classical music after listening to it almost exclusively for the better part of two weeks in my car. I have found I especially like Chopin.
__________________
QuickTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random Thoughts.. xbox The Lounge Archive 22 9th-April-2011 11:13 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
no new posts