INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > The Arts and Entertainment > Visual Art

Old 20th-May-2016, 06:30 PM   #1
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Hate this shit

Ok i have a new idea for a video. I'm pretty bored without a job and far from exams so i have time. Problem is:
Have no money and have no people to collaborate.

The idea is to shoot in a desert like area near my hometown.

There will be two guys, one dressed like mexican with this mariachi hat and a bottle of tequila plus a ukelele.
The other one dressed with a suit and a suitcase, like some kind of lawyer.
They both represent emotional and rational side of a character.
These two guys will act as if they have motor disabilities, kind of like stephen hawking.

So there will be a girl who will be wearing a long transparent dress so we see her underwear. If i can find some chords of small lights which doesn't need to be plugged i will also tied them to the dress. She represents a fairy.
She will be the keeper of these two guys. She will tie them both to each other.

The video starts with both guys blinkin and sending kisses with the hand to each other. Then she shows up and punishes them for doing that. That's when they wake up and they realize she's draggin them through the desert.
They want to love each other but she won't let them, she will have some stick to punish them when they try. So they only can hate each other. They also cannot run away from each other.
There will also be a duel where they both kill each other (my bro has a ak7 model and i will buy a toy magnum in the chinese store, really cheap)
When they kill the other one they also kill the girl, she's tied to their souls.
Finally when she dies before apparently dying they make out passionately. They will start having sex (you will only see hips moving and pants down) and this shot of the girl near them like unconcious, twising her legs. Like having epilepsy attack.
But then they wake up and they realize they were dreaming and she is still draging them through the desert sand.

I also need a horse, which i checked and they rent them for little money near my house. Just to do some far placed takes of me wearing a mexican poncho in the horse with the sunset at the back. Perhaps some more takes using guys or the girl.
But i won't show up in the video like almost at all.
I want to focus on more technical aspects in this one instead of in the story, which is as u can see pretty simple.
Today i've been contacting with different theaters around the area asking for volunteers so i'm waiting for reply.
What do you think of the idea?

I know sounds crazy and i wish i could make a fucking simple story with little requirements but i can't. I saw this images in my head and i was like wtf is this, let's explore a bit more.
BUM, i found myself riding a horse through the desert with my guitar in a sunset.

But i have to occupy my time with something that will remain.
Lately i have seen myself too often talking with an imaginary friend. Like if someone was listening. I guess it is not bad if i don't believe there's actually someone there listening. There's so much going around in my head and my friends are working or getting married, i cannot count on them besides for saturday night party twice a month.

Effort is not a problem. If i had people to record i will start right now, move to whenever i had to and do whatever i had to do. I feel extremely frustrated cuz i don't think i will find two guys who want to show their faces for a borderline amateur gay video with no payment involved. I have a friend who can do the work for the fairy but she's really busy right now and i think she won't be avaliable for at least one month. I hope i can find someone quickly who appreciates the idea behind what's being shown.
Old 20th-May-2016, 08:42 PM   #2
Nebulous
Slurp

macossafari
Default Re: Hate this shit

The overall idea sounds really cool. + I love the desert aesthetic, and the outfits seem great too.

Do you have any target audience or is it mostly for your own creative experience?

Hope it all works out for ya.

the Venn diagram of things I find funny and reasons I'm going to hell is a circle
Nebulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th-May-2016, 08:49 PM   #3
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

nah, only for fun
Old 22nd-May-2016, 03:03 AM   #4
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Ok, i have a second idea, which is far easier to make real.

What i have:

- high quality faked ak47
- dresses (finally how much pain it takes away from my head)
- locations

what i need:

- chalk or flour or smth to draw the dead body shape
- small plastic bags to put evidence
- a cheap magnifying glass from the chinese store
- 1 fake cheap chinese store gun

I will still have to ask my sister and brother for help. Everyone is too busy. I know sucks, nerd. Have no friends whatsoever. I have another friend girl who said she could do the character but she's not available for the next 3 weeks, she has a strange face, i think she would add more oddness to the story.

The thing is this:

There has been a murder. Me dressed as a detective (typical suit) appear in the crime scene. It's like a abandoned school with some cool stairs near my place. In the ground there will be that typical painting with silk of a dead body. I will be with a lantern picking up shit and putting it in plastic bags. Typical stuff. I will see some shadow moving upstairs in the distance and i will turn my light to it. It dissapears covering itself with the wall.

Then there's a change of scene and i will be in my office, it will be a dark room with a yellow intence light and a lot of papers, proof and a lot of cigarette smoke. I will be like trying to use my brain to solve the case.

Next take will be my sister dressed as a detective but you won't be able to see her face. It's only for the sake of noticing there's a mysterious woman involved. Also dark room, yellow intence light.

Then i will return to the previous scene where i saw the shadow upstairs. This time the take will be from her side. So we will be able to see the girl and the guy but now i will be in the distance. She will make a bottle fall downstairs and she'll see how the guy reacts and starts moving slowly using the wall to cover herself.

At this point there's a severe change in the mood of the song, seems like a disconected part, like joining two different songs. They do fit extremely well but your hears have to get use to it. I'm still not sure about what to do here.

Then there's a chase without seeing each other, covering with the walls and stuff, from both perspectives.
Finally the guy see the person in the distance and starts the persecution through like some kind of wood or park or something in between. The place is quite iluminated at night so no major problem.
He will try to shoot her but fails and she escapes.
He gets pissed off and starts smoking.

Next scene will be like humoristic. He will be looking in the darkness with the lantern and she will be hiding really close to him using the tall grass. I see something like that mole game, guacamole, where u they get out of the ground and u have to hit them fast. Not like that but kind of.

Then he finally finds her and both start running again, this time the girl also takes out a gun and tries to shoot him but fails, he does the same with same results. Eventually he hit her in the leg and she falls.
When he uses his lantern he sees her face laughting and finds out the girl is the same girl on my first video. He goes crazy and kills himself. Girl draws a siluete around his dead body.
Take of the girl dancing in the horizon like in a twist and shout way, far distance.

Then you see how another guy dressed as a detective comes to scene and sees the new silhouette. She's also hidding behind a tree or something.
Not totally sure if this is the ending i want. But could work. Another possibility is me coming to the scene and seeing my own dead body. As if he realizes in that moment that it was him who was metaphorically dead all the time.
Which one u prefer the most?

Only thing i don't like about this story is that i won't be able to do the camera work for the most part. I will have to be really specific when i explain or perhaps do first a shot and show my cameraman.

The story is inspired in my exgf who was login in my facebook for like 1 month or more after we broke up and i didn't noticed until last week. I was also gossiping her contacts and talking some not so cool stuff with one friend of mine about her, she noticed and now kind of hates me.
So we are both detectives.
Old 22nd-May-2016, 08:29 PM   #5
Interdimensionist

macossafari

Why was the detective metaphorically dead? Did he get into the profession anticipating he'd be solving some really intriguing mysteries when in reality it was mainly investigating bored housewives cheating on their husbands and husbands banging their secretaries?

Does the whole film play out in his mind whilst he's actually just sat in his darkened office twirling in his chair with a bottle of cognac in one hand, playing Russian roulette with a snub nosed pistol in the other until BUM, he finally ends it all?

Have you tried casting call sites like Starnow for finding actors and crew members? There were a couple I used when I attempted to make my short last year, managed to find a few decent folk willing to work for no pay. If you want I'll look them up and post the links, just let me know.
Interdimensionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-May-2016, 08:42 PM   #6
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdimensionist View Post
Why was the detective metaphorically dead? Did he get into the profession anticipating he'd be solving some really intriguing mysteries when in reality it was mainly investigating bored housewives cheating on their husbands and husbands banging their secretaries?

Does the whole film play out in his mind whilst he's actually just sat in his darkened office twirling in his chair with a bottle of cognac in one hand, playing Russian roulette with a snub nosed pistol in the other until BUM, he finally ends it all?

Have you tried casting call sites like Starnow for finding actors and crew members? There were a couple I used when I attempted to make my short last year, managed to find a few decent folk willing to work for no pay. If you want I'll look them up and post the links, just let me know.
Thanks man but i already found some people using a website for actors in Spain. Thing is that i cast them for this 1st idea, and i said 3 hours of recording 30 euros per person, now i realize i don't want the first idea anymore and i prefer the second one.
This will take more time and i cannot spend more than that. We need to shoot in different scenarios, not only in the desert like i was thinking for the 1st idea. Now we need:

- Dark empty room with only two small white lights, one from a computer.
- Office - still thinking how to make my shitty desk look nice
- Surroundings of an abandoned school

Cool thing is that i will only need 1 people or if i decide to shoot everything and not play the role of the fake detective two, a girl and a guy.
The not so cool thing is that these guys, specially one of the girls looks so professional and i'm wondering if they thought it was a pro shoot. They were sending me CVs and shit.
But probably they just want to have fun and easy money.
So i will reply them and show my first video saying things like i only have my shitty camera and my head.

He's dead because she checkmate him, long ago, and he's still living this loop of fiction in his mind like a kind of hope i guess?, like delusional? Yeah pretty Fi, kinda bothers me cuz it means i feel like that but i think it's cool for the plot so fuck it.
Old 22nd-May-2016, 09:09 PM   #7
Interdimensionist

macossafari

I'd say try shooting the desk from an angle looking up so that it's mostly hidden from view but it depends what you're trying to convey because that kind of shot usually symbolizes that the character is dominating or in power. As for the abandoned school maybe it would be easier, depending on which part of the country you live in, to find one of those old, ruined fincas that are always dotted along the countryside, used to love exploring them when I lived there and always wanted to use one in film, or perhaps an abandoned urbanizacion since they built loads for the guiris like me that were never bought up and just left to crumble after the crash of 08.

I found being straightforward with the actors by telling them it was an experience only gig worked fine and I can see what you're getting at with the idea now, like she was the one that got away and he's reliving the whole ordeal in his mind. Sounds like me yesterday.
Interdimensionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd-June-2016, 06:07 PM   #8
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Ok after a while being unable to make real my ideas for not having people to count in, or at least that i could organize and cordinate properly for shooting shit i came up with another idea.
I will be in a open area near my house, there's nothing there, it's like a grassland, so the idea is having my bro as camera man recording me from low behind as i walk to the horizon, i will be carrying a backpack. I will have some binoculars and i will be loocking for something. That something is a figure in the distance that cannot be distingable. At some point i take out of my backpack a gun and start shooting at it. Finally i encounter the figure and realize it's dead but it is me.
I might also replace the sky for psycodelic images, depends on how lazy i feel about it and how much quality i want the video to have.

The hunt begins.
Sorry for spanish, i wanted to show a friend of mine the gun and the idea.

Old 4th-June-2016, 12:55 AM   #9
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

So to recapitulate, i was hunting a figure in the distance that turns to be me.
I thought of this idea of loop, like finally after i get the prey and i hunt it, there's no surprise, just a guy standing there paralized staring at the horizon. In that precise moment the camera will be shooting from the side of the same guy pointing at him in the back from the distance like at the begining. So i thought that the idea even if cool could be cliche, cuz it's really simple and looked for loop short videos in youtube and found this one:

boom, the plot is the same, if we don't have in mind the fact that i'm hunting myself and he's reexperiencing his own death in hands of random events.
So i'm thinking of how can i make more emphasis in the self persecution theme, as i see it you are hunting your delusions, you are hunting your death, you want to be alive within the ilussion of felling dead, so you push, you are angry you want to kill the parasite. The hook is the same tho.
I made some tests today and the shitty thing is that the place even tho if really pretty is full of wild animals like bulls, cows and boars. I mean not full but they are in the are so we have to be careful when recording.

Also it's apparently forbidden to go inside the area for it's a hunting area so you need to have permission and stuff. The season it's apparently open for small animals but today i saw no hunter or shots or anything in the piece of ground we were.
Another thing that bothers me is the fact that the fine for entering in these areas is minimum 3.000 and max 30.000 euros. Thing is that this law is set for another comunity next to Madrid so maybe here the fine is not so high, apparently it has to do with some old fashioned landlord organization they have there which is pressuring the right hand local goverment.
Either hunt zone or private property for cattle.
So much bullshit. I mean yeah fuck law but why? i will do it anyway.
Anyway, i'm looking in google maps if i can find a similar landscape but here it's amazing the amount of big natural areas which are private and u cannot cross. U have bulls or u have hunters, or u have agriculture or some bullshit.

this is all you see around

I think i found a cool place where i wouldn't have to pay fines or any kind of bullshit, at least i hope so.
Old 4th-June-2016, 11:58 AM   #10
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

So thinking more around the idea i thought of creating a god in the story who is in fact me myself, he will be setting soldiers in a map, moving them like some kind of strategy, but you won't be able to ever see his face. At the end, there will be the aim again in his back and when the main soldier (the one who hunted and was hunted) looks at the sky with the binoculars and then he will see himself with a magnifying glass in the sky looking at him.
I am my own god, i make mistakes and kill myself as much as i want, still i want to understand why are god's ways so mysterious, why if i am my own god i'm at the same time blind and foresighting and this is what the main plot soldier is doing, trying to kill his destiny while being part of itself, falling into it's loop. The side of you who is slave to your contradictory self.
Damn i would like to know if you notice some contradictions in the plot or something u don't like.
Old 12th-June-2016, 02:05 AM   #11
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

okay, after several problems with after effects because of the slow processor of my computer i gave up and cut to the chase with this one, didn't come up as i expected it but at least i think u can get the idea of the story, i'm not sure yet if i like the tunel moon vision effect. it's supposed to be the connection or way of looking from the other reality into the hunter / prey one. U have to watch it all the way to understand the story

tell me what you think

perhaps only thing i don't really like was the fact i was lowering my head too much, i was so focused in telling how to record to my camera man and avoiding bulls and cows that i forgot about my posture... and also i forgot to fake the shoot with some body movement
And also edition is shitty but because i was lazy about splittinh it and going step by step.. so overall i don't know what to think about the video... it's not so cool to me
Old 14th-June-2016, 10:19 PM   #12
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

full album finally fully mastered and produced and all that shit, sounds odd and ugly but it's perfect
Old 14th-June-2016, 11:49 PM   #13
Nebulous
Slurp

macossafari

I'm listening to the album and it sounds really great
I wish I knew I Spanish. Putting that on my to-do list

I love how all the instruments sound and the voice sounds nice too even though I don't know what they're saying

Are you the one singing?

the Venn diagram of things I find funny and reasons I'm going to hell is a circle
Nebulous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-June-2016, 12:11 AM   #14
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Hey! i'm glad u like it man
yeah it's me in everything in fact XD, but most of the vocals were recorded like 1 year ago or more, i had to do a lot of editing to make it sound more or less good, i was worse than now at singing and also i had shitty equipment.
The second song is the only one with recent voice recording but it was done in just one take, i was too lazy to do more attempts and then my soundcard broke down and i couldn't fix it but whatever.

I think Putrefaccion deserves a "video", but i have no handy ideas for it yet.
Old 15th-June-2016, 01:10 AM   #15
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I'm just gonna write this over here, it's interesting to turn hate this shit into my personal blog or something xD

Pozo sin fondo means Bottomless pit, it's mostly about a trip of a guy looking for its broken half - soul not his lover partner but most like his purpose on life, he wants to look back and he only has an blurry image of what was driving him into feeling alive, "foam in the sunset, he's giving up his vices but also losing paradise". He firstly encounters a phantom in his hallroom, i think he's like the future him, the phantom is his death young unstopable flavor, he cannot sleep, a fairy attempts to change his mind about his path in life. Then everything comes down to a fight with himself in his mind. There are many details in this song lyrics, it's like a huge trip from his hallroom to the limbo, to a chamber of the magic evil fairy who stands up on top of the world, dreams, and finally a jail within his mind. I would make an epic video for it if i had the tools and professional support.

El hype is about turning love into obsession. "a frightened snake by the tail of the dragon", the weight in his shoulders, a fight against his fears. I like how one of the parts goes like "nobody knew where i was when they look into my eyes" it's pretty much how i feel everytime when i'm in public, exposed. Only present in body. Also love awakes pain and pain is necesary for living an enjoyable life, i think it's also about that, we need downs to have highs. It's also about bipolarness. "i want to be made of stone but sometimes i crumble, i want to be with u but sometimes i lie".

Baile ancestral which means Ancestral dance is about an outerspace being who comes to earth to teach how to dance his pupils us humans, he comes primitive showing his teeth, he tries to make us move, stop being sheeps. Energy. Resurrection. Come to me. But then this guy takes over, brainwashes people like hitler did or any religion and everyone become sheeps. So it's about, true and false, it's everything on the eye of the beholder.

Mas dura sera la caida means The harder will be the fall, it's quite about a broken relationship. When i was a kid i had fear of the dark and of phantoms until like 18 XD and shit like that, so now as an adult, the song plays with the similarities of a ghost of your last ex, lets say, and my fear of ghosts when i was a kid. There's a part that goes: "i'm waiting to answer all your questions" because in all tv shows about ghost hunters they make questions to ghosts and shit i thought it was funny cuz you also want a lot of answers from your partner in most of cases.
Another part goes like "don't cry cuz my eyes know no damage" this is specifically triggered by a weird reaction in one of my exgfs who started crying and i told her that cuz i knew there was no damage in my side, only spoiled attitude. "In every night there will be next to your bed the one who steals your dreams, turning heaven to hell" more ghosts / exes. "Parasitate bitterness"

Putrefaccion or Putrefaction is also about broken relationship xD, sorry, but in this case it is rather looked from the more acid side. Like dirty mind thoughts about that girl in a sexual way let's say. Then it turns to a rotten state: "throwing up my destiny, accelerating the process of putrefaction, we are done with good times, we are invisible, broken and worthless beings" XD
Thus again we are like ghosts trying to resist the world. "do you want to be my shadow or my prey?"

Punto de vista or Point of view is about how people might look as if they are shining when in fact they are burning, "everyone twist their bones and laugh, they laugh at their good luck, they hope to march towards the sun, sometimes" that's like what it seems to be but the sun will burn them to achieve peace, they twist their bones in pain not because they are dancing, they laugh of sadness, because of losing their minds.
"Is there someone else who can see sun light while asleep?" Death relieves the soul.
Also deals with remembering stuff, not necesarily relationships but just overall tales of your life which are cool things that keep their will alive.