A Giant Spaceship
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dark Castle
Re: You know you're an Intp when...
Okay, I've compiled them all into correct numerical order:
1.You uphold the beleif that it is possible to be perfectly social without actually speaking.
2.More often than not, you bow your head while walking, and are an expert at 'crowd dodging'
3. You indulge in, and are quite renowned among friends for, making completely random, yet very accurate observations.
4.You think about the very thing which you are not doing.
5.If wikipedia was a person, you would marry it. If possible, you would download the internet into your mind.(and have probably tried)
6.You frequently entertain the thought that you can make peoples heads explode simply by concentrating pure hatred on them.
Or at least, you wish it were so.
7.You often fantasise about being part of a wordlwide virtual reality, or becoming an all powerful demigod,or something of the like.
8.When sitting on any public chair which has more than one sight sideby side, you kindly make sure that your dearest -whatever you're carrying- has a seat to itself.
9.No-one* finds you funny but yourself, and despite this, you are always trying to make clever jokes that no-one gets.
10.You have spent a whole night of not sleeping, pondering something, and then after asking someone about it the next day, realise that you're the only one which seems to care.
11. You can get a lot done, as long as they're the stuff you're not meant to be doing.
12. You've been told that you think too much.
13. People have called you heartless.
14. You spend a mandatory 22 hour day on the net for fear of losing INTP status.
15. Your Pness is huge!
16. You're absolutely certain that you're destined for hell.
17. You confuse everyone around you with words far too long for casual conversation.
18. You think this list is a great gift to all humanity.
19. You laugh at the Titanic sinking but Wall-E steals your heart.
20. You're not paranoid, it's all perfectly logical.
21. You've played the "but why" game with your parents.
22. You frequently floccinaucinihilipilificate.
23. You actually care about accuracy.
24. You HAVE to walk on those tiles in a predetermined pattern.
25. Honesty is a higher good than the ego.
26. You flinch when touched.
27. You don't understand half of the funny looks people give you.
28. Sometimes you come up with something that you think is exactly how you wanted to put it, but people just get more confused, despite how simple it seems to you.
29. You have hit someone for trying to give you a hug.
30. After you put a forkful of soup in your mouth, you realize something is odd.
31. You announce that you've lost the game randomly, and don't even notice the funny looks.
32. You understand a difficult concept in class but cannot explain it to someone else in a way they could comprehend.[/font]
33. you dump your boyfriend because he said i love you and gave you a hug....
(really happen to me)
34. You love to give everyone you meet a hug.
35. You wear brightly colored clothes and have a positive view of life.
36. You believe people are basically good.
37. You fear robots for being too inhuman.
38. You think the "Singularity" is a cell phone company.
39. you stay up at night thinking.
40.your parents tell you to stop day dreaming.
41.you get around people but never talk but in your mind your correcting every mistake they make....
42.when you get up and correct your college teacher in front of the class.
43.walk into a car because you have been day dreaming and not watching wht you are doing...
44.never say i love you.
45.get pist when some one touches you.
47.hate being lovey-dovey!!!!!!!!
48. You really want to correct people's spelling and/or grammar but you try and stay silent.
49. When you lecture, you turn a one hour session into five.
50. You have intentions to do everything/anything... eventually.
51. when you refuse to do something in the name of "intellectual principles"
52. when you communicate mostly through various means on a computer
53. when your mental age is 15-20 years older than your physical age until you're 35, and then 10 years mentally younger after that.
54. When you just have to correct every mistake you see or hear.
55. high aspirations and mediocre achievement (by the world's standards) - for the most part.
56. You're still following the numerical system though people have either purposely or inadvertently discarded it.
57. You cringed at nearly all of Mac's listings (but adamantly read them ALL) before realizing that he was listing off INFP characteristics.
58. you ruin your happiness by analyzing it.
59. You can give logical justification for every action you've ever taken.
60. When asked a stupid question you must give a stupid answer.
61. You think an 85% loss in global population is a worthwhile price for some peace & quiet.
62. You've tried to force god into doing something, "give me a sign or I become an atheist".
63. You've declared war on any ideology that doesn’t stand up to intensive scrutiny.
64. To you the terms like "messed up" and "twisted" to be compliments to your creativity.
65. If you happened upon the Tardis you'd steal it with absolutely no doubt in your mind.
66. You apologize for double posting.[/font]
67. You know you're a (female/gay/bi) INTP if you happened upon the Tardis and all you wanted to do is keep the 10th doctor company. And keep his heartrates up. <3
67.5: Or kill him until he changes into a female form, (if it's possible)
68. When people start to avoid you because "you suck the happiness out of life" by over-analyzing everything.
69. When you randomly laugh at you own thoughts and tell people "oh, it's nothing."
70. When you tell your parents/employer your room/office is "not trashed! It's got complex order!"
71. When you obsessively use parenthesis or slashes in your sentences (well not necessarily in your sentences; just running off on tangents when speaking/writing, and being in the necessity to find a means of keeping it all clear).
72. When you spend too much time writing and rewriting something, so that it is as clear as possible, just to have people say its excessively long-winded for such a simple concept.
73. When you keep up a bad joke long after everybody has stopped laughing (if they even laughed at all).
74. When you write extensive "to-do" lists, and then lose them.
75. When you are proud of people being outraged at your comments and being called insane, perverted, amoral, and insensitive.
76. When you are constantly saying "I told you so, but no you wouldn't listen to me!" *shakes head in disapproval*.
77. When you talk to inanimate objects more than with people
78. When people finally reveal some dark, super secret knowledge and you go "ah, just as I thought" or "I had assumed so" or "it was evident from the patterns I had previously observed."
79. When you smile at people telling you that "you'll die alone, never get married, and will go to hell."
80. When you quote philosophy and everybody looks at you like you are from outer space.
81. When you wish you were from outer space.
82. When in a single day you have rented from the library more books than the amount of friends you have ever had.
83. When you are quoted as saying "Books are more reliable than people."
84. When you wish people had a *mute* button.
85. When you try to take over the world (from the comfort of your couch)
86. When you spend several hours at INTPforum when you know you should be doing otherwise.
87. When you constantly wonder what it would be like to have been born the opposite sex.
88. When you creep people out because you stare at them while trying to read their thoughts, by being lost analyzing the geometric proportions of their bodies, thinking about the connections and mechanics of bone structure and muscles for potential cybernetic prosthetics, or by attempting to determine their MBTI type...
89. You recognize and correct other people's mistaken names, places, and stories when they're talking about mythology.
90. You cannot stand self-aggrandizement.
91. Every serious conversation you attempt with non-INTPs abruptly ends when they keel over laughing at your use of correct terminology and/or complicated words.
92. You wake up one day with an answer to all the world's problems and all the others care about is that assignment you had set aside...
93. You can not help but re-read what you've just written multiple times, just to make sure that's exactly what you want to say and how you want to say it.
94. You can talk excessively and impressively about just about anything, regardless of whether you understand it at all. Well..online at least...
95. when your friends give up getting you out of the depression.
96. when you often don't feel purpose of going out anywhere or speaking to anyone you know for week or two.
97. INTP forum is the only one you stay at longer than one day.
98.you often turn off your cell phone, so nobody could reach you (nobody from the forum will confirm)
99. You use and/or more than you use and and/or or.
100. You're still keeping count.
101. You're wondering if Mac's should be subtracted and whether Cog's .5 add should be considered its own or not.
102. You're very sad that we couldn't keep it all under 100.
103. When part of you strongly wants to contribute to this thread and another equally strong part of you just doesn't give a shit.
(irresistable force vs. immovable object)
104. You now would like to start a sit-comic by that name.
105. You annoy friends by interrupting their long-winded dialogues to correct their errors and inaccuracies.
106. In high school, you found pep rallies to be pointless and somehat fascist.
107. In college, you favorite pastime was poking fun at the absurd initiation rituals that fraternity and sorority recruits were subjected to, yet.
108. You acquired honorary fraternity brother/sorority sister status by befriending Greeks, without actully joining their pretentious organizations.
109. In your career, your viewed as bright and hard-working, but a bit weird, and not enough of a "team player."
110. In relationships, your partners are initially blown away by your thoughfulness and decency, but then later complain incessantly that you "don't spend enough time" with them.
111. You're constantly chastised for "being off in your own little world," yet.
112. People, even mere acquaintances, often seek your advice.
113. You've felt oddly comfortable enough in a multiracial environment to jokingly reply, "What did you call me?" to a black colleague's honest request for a nickel.
114. You hate Jeff Foxworthy jokes, but you love this thread.
115. 1337 sp33k is hilolious 2u but u rarly r able 2 dup it.
116. You spend a good twenty minutes day dreaming about the possibilities of physics after you attempted to maticulously remove the only staple stuck on your staple remover (because it was bothering you), and it sprung forth kinetically making a sound in a spot somewhere in your cubicle, but is now invisible for all intents and purposes.
117. It was actually longer than 20 minutes.
119. You are ten times clearer writing than you are speaking.
120. You even procrastinate fun activities.
121. You are surprised to find that not everyone has a pile of random junk in their room, which you consider a necessary furnishing of any home.
122. You remember things someone said years ago and use it to prove them wrong about something trivial.
123. Yet, you forget where you put your [insert important object here].
124. You know by memory how to type a "∞"
125. When you can't stand S types.
126. Your logic is immaculate, but your room/office/desk looks like a hurricane went through it -- literally.
127. You know what i^i is.
128. You walk into a bookstore and read entire books.
129. you don't do anything unless it's the most efficient way you can conceive.
130. while you're doing it you figure out there were many ways to do it better.
131. you love to criticize
132. When you can walk around and around thinking, for hours. And you have trouble sitting and concentrating because of all your new ideas, and ramifications and you go off thinking of something totally different.... and then you don't have a clue what you were working on.
133. You walk into a pole.
134. When you chose to risk your neck by questioning, critizing or correcting an INTJ's logic.
135. When you take the MBTI test and it tells you that you're an INTP.
136. When you think that finding out the correct answer is more important than risking your neck by pointing out the flaws in an INTJ's logic.
137 - the number of times I have walked into a pole. (it’s actually 117 apparently)
138. when you take a test three to four times and it still comes out as you are an intp.
139. when you ask your boyfriend to marry you because you are tired of waiting and he laughs in your face and says you cant do that so now he has put you in a gloomy mood and you don't know what to say to him anymore because of it.
140. when you think so much that you put yourself in a depressed stay away from me mood.
141. You wish you had a charger, instead of having to waste time/effort consuming food.
142. Your thoughts in one day, if all written down, would make an entire book.
143. when you can induce Drug-like Highs and get stoned to a henge without substance.
144. when you feel the urge to correctly number a haphazard list of ideas
145. when you think about conversations long after you've had them
Last edited by preilemus; 2nd-April-2009 at 02:03 AM.
Reason: I have to wonder whther fixing this was worth all the trouble