INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > Introit

Old 19th-November-2016, 04:10 PM   #1
Alutisme
Just discover INTP

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default I wish I found this place earlier

Hi all,

I have just have a better understanding of myself as an INTP.

I have took test and get to know about the MBTI a little during my adolescent but due to the lack of deep understanding of life and human mind, I did not take it seriously and thought I could become any type of person I want as long as I work on it.

In retrospect, I am kind of a natural INTP strugging to become a ENTJ and force myself to think that way. As a result, I am a little self-sabotage in quite some way. On a side line, I don't think my scale on I-E have any chances, I still primarily I, but I do act in J way sometimes on the P-J scale due to mind conditioning.

In short, I used to be top scholar in high school and admit into top university but in the end drop out it. Not because I choose to but due to I have failed my study a lot and being kicked out of it. I am quite lost and trying to figure out the purpose of my life and grabbing any possible branch of hope. Read a lot and attending many seminar, look into many school of thought.

I have been in the working world for about 10+ years, and the pattern of self-sabotage is repeated. I have perform well then then become a disaster.

As for now, I have been kind of jobless for about 10 months, with a negative networth and quite some debt, single, kind of depress for a bit in the past 10 month but not in a serious way. However, I have been stand up back recently and actively searching for job and working on myself on the site line.

Today I stuble upon the MBTI and go with the test, and the description on it is eerily true. I have general idea of who I am and my personality roughly, but the INTP description really let me have better and deeper understanding. Especially INTP have such high tendency of not being able to understand by majority of the masses.

I stumble upon some post form this forum and realize this could be a place I can engage in some like minded mental exchange. Wish I could find this place earlier.
Alutisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-November-2016, 06:00 PM   #2
Dorian Tullus
Greenshirt

unknownfirefox
Default Re: I wish I found this place earlier

hmm, i do not know why, but my brain finds it oddly difficult to make out your name appropriately

anyways, hello and welcome. i hope you find the mental stimulation you are searching for, and fair luck with your future endeavors, autism
Dorian Tullus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-November-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
yasasr11732
Redshirt

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: I wish I found this place earlier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alutisme View Post
In short, I used to be top scholar in high school and admit into top university but in the end drop out it. Not because I choose to but due to I have failed my study a lot and being kicked out of it. I am quite lost and trying to figure out the purpose of my life and grabbing any possible branch of hope. Read a lot and attending many seminar, look into many school of thought.

Especially INTP have such high tendency of not being able to understand by majority of the masses.

I stumble upon some post form this forum and realize this could be a place I can engage in some like minded mental exchange. Wish I could find this place earlier.
This resonates with my life very much. I was also one of the top students in my high schoold and admitted into one of the best unversities in my country with full scholarship. I was almost got kicked out of it, but school policies was kind of relaxed so was able to finish it. But it took me 10 years.

I joined this forum couple of days ago, with similiar purpose, that is engage in like-minded mental exchange. So it gives me joy that you have also stumbled upon this forum.

Welcome friend
yasasr11732 is offline   Reply With Quote