INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > Online Tests

Old 22nd-August-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
s_T
Redshirt

macosfirefox
Default Relatable personality tests?

Most(or actually all) of the personality tests I see online have things like "I live more in the here and now" and "Being organized is more important than being adaptable".

These tests somehow don't feel very accurate as it would have a lot of bias and they are vague. Is there any test online that uses mainly real life scenarios that you can relate to? e.g. "I usually clear my email inbox as I can't stand a messy inbox"
It would probably be more accurate as the various cognitive functions aren't as clear in these scenarios.
s_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-August-2016, 12:30 PM   #2
EyeSeeCold
lust for life

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Relatable personality tests?

I don't think either one gets close to the cog functions as people share many behaviors and thoughts but the motivations behind them and style are different and this is something that is generally overlooked by mbti. Plus the test format is really limited, one on one sessions are perhaps the superior method of identifying type.

Some ways to fix the test questions could be:
What are your feelings toward organization? In what way are you organized? In what way do you despise others being organized?

For "here and now":
  • I actively work towards my future with my eyes set on a clear goal -- energetic and visionary
  • I actively work towards my future but I tend to jump to a new thing every once in a while -- energetic but aimless
  • I take each day one at a time but I am often day dreaming -- lethargic and spacey
  • I take each day one at a time and I make the effort to engage life's demands -- lethargic and pragmatic

Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

we will live on forever and ever
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-August-2016, 03:09 PM   #3
s_T
Redshirt

macosfirefox
Default Re: Relatable personality tests?

Yeah, perhaps these tests should provide examples to their questions like the ones you described, that would probably make it more accurate
s_T is offline   Reply With Quote