INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > Science & Technology

Old 11th-July-2016, 01:31 PM   #1
muir
Banned

windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Genetically Modified Organisms cause cancer

There have been wranglings in the courts in the US recently over labelling of foods with the corporate network not wishing to put on their products whether or not they contain GMO's

This then robs consumers of their free will choice over whether or not to expose themselves to GMO's

At the forefront of the push for GMO technology is Monsanto who have used their lobby power to get the government to pass laws that prevent farmers from using their own seed. Now all new seed must be bought through monsanto

Monsanto has genetically modified crops so that they will not be destroyed by monsantos other carcinogenic product 'roundup' spray

Independent tests have found GMO's to cause cancer for example the tumours on these lab rats:

This is all part of a move by the corporate network to take complete control over food production because if you control a nations food then you control that nation (see also 'codex alimentarius')

The following is a link to an article by a former GMO scientist who is now blowing the whistle on the dangers of GMO's
http://gmosummit.org/former-pro-gmo-scientist/

muir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-November-2016, 10:27 AM   #2
Creeping Death
I rustle jimmies

linuxsafari

The rats in the now thoroughly debunked Seralini study would have grown those tumors no matter what they were fed.

https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...se-to-critics/

Quote:
This then robs consumers of their free will choice over whether or not to expose themselves to GMO's
No, it doesn't. Labeling is voluntary, you have the choice of shopping at Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or whatever your overpriced local hippie food snob grocery store is for produce labeled 'Non-GMO'. It makes no sense to label GMO food, GMO isn't an ingredient, and there are no proven or credible health risks associated with GMO food currently on the market.

Quote:
This is all part of a move by the corporate network to take complete control over food production because if you control a nations food then you control that nation (see also 'codex alimentarius')
*Grabs tinfoil*

Quote:
Monsanto has genetically modified crops so that they will not be destroyed by monsantos other carcinogenic product 'roundup' spray

"In May 2016, the Joint FAO/WHO Meeting on Pesticide Residues concluded that 'glyphosate is unlikely to pose a carcinogenic risk to humans from exposure through the diet', even at doses as high as 2,000 mg/kg body weight orally."

http://www.fao.org/fileadmin/templat...ry_Special.pdf
Creeping Death is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-November-2016, 02:34 PM   #3
Hadoblado
Looker at dicker

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Genetically Modified Organisms cause cancer

muir was banned for crapping on about his beliefs. The post you're responding to was from July.

Also, try not to double post please. If you have more to add to a previous thought, there is an edit button in the bottom right of your post.

"Fire is magic, friendship is mere technology" ~ Void of Space

"The advantages of being very precise even while not being very accurate" ~ Genitive Of Of

"Don't you just love punctuating questions as you would statements in order to soft-claim certainty that elicits agreement" ~ Taint of Volition

Unprincipled exceptions rule everything around me" ~ Content of Media
Hadoblado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-November-2016, 11:13 PM   #4
Creeping Death
I rustle jimmies

linuxsafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoblado View Post
muir was banned for crapping on about his beliefs.
I like that.

Quote:
The post you're responding to was from July.
Even if it was from 5 years ago I would have still responded. This type of bafoonery must be called out, no stone left unturned.

Quote:
Also, try not to double post please. If you have more to add to a previous thought, there is an edit button in the bottom right of your post.
Sorry bout that m8
Creeping Death is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th-November-2016, 10:58 AM   #5
Cognisant
Condescending Bastard

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Quote:
Even if it was from 5 years ago I would have still responded. This type of bafoonery must be called out, no stone left unturned.
Well done.

Also for consideration:

Generally speaking if something makes you sick, stop eating it, most people can eat coriander but it is literally poison to me and yet it's still sold in supermarkets everywhere.

There's this perception that being "natural" somehow makes things better, which is wrong, those poisons that occur naturally in plants are an evolved defense mechanism. Although making a new breed of corn with a coriander gene that makes it more pest resistant might prevent me from eating that brand of corn, I would be the exception. Or that brand of corn would gain a reputation for making people sick and so people stop buying and thus the unnatural selection of market forces makes that corn extinct.