INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > MBTI & Typology

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 14th-April-2016, 06:48 AM   #1
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Video type me: take two.

Looking to see how people type my from this video.

__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-April-2016, 08:14 AM   #2
Hadoblado
Looker at dicker
 
Hadoblado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,275
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Do you consider yourself proud? If so, in what sense?

Arrogant?

Is there any particular thing you are invested in? Beliefs?

Do you have plans for the future and if so, would you mind sharing?

Do you ever find yourself coming to blows with other people? Be that IRL or in chat etc.

You sport a distinctive haircut. My intuition when I see someone with that haircut is that they are rebellious or feel unheard. Do you think either of these are true for you?

I think you have Ti and Fe in your top four. That would rule out eight types:
ENTJ
INTJ
INFP
ENFP
ESFP
ISFP
ESTJ
ISTJ


Since I've failed to rule out INFJ, you must be an INFJ. I'll need more information to commit to such a notion though.
__________________
Spoiler:

"Fire is magic, friendship is mere technology" ~ Void of Space

"The advantages of being very precise even while not being very accurate" ~ Genitive Of Of

"Don't you just love punctuating questions as you would statements in order to soft-claim certainty that elicits agreement" ~ Taint of Volition

Unprincipled exceptions rule everything around me" ~ Content of Media
Hadoblado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-April-2016, 09:14 AM   #3
Animekitty
A royal color
 
Animekitty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Your Heart
Posts: 3,553
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

I think that, from what I see, being inside your head with thoughts frequently is introversion. And I would say Ti because it looks like you are not satisfied with easy problems. I remember you like math and card games. IxTP is probable but I would need to know more about you thoughts to tell if they are Fi rather than Ti. ( IxFP ). INFP and INTP look calm but inside more is happening. INFP focus on the "me aspect" where Ne connects everything that is possible to a relationship to the self (Like - don't like). INTP have elaborate systems but they are detached from them. They simply exist and have there place with ever increasing elements and structure. Like INFP, Ne provides more possibilities to consider.

ISTP and ISFP share Se as auxiliary. They observe the exterior where ISTP takes world items as puzzle pieces that go together. Like legos put together and organized by its place. ISFP has sentimental attachment to almost everything they see. When they are by themselves they think about what they have seen and become more and more attached.

I believe myself to be ENTP.
From a comment I made on a blog I read:

Quote:
I am not like other people I know.
They create simulations in their head.
I focus more on the external than the internal.
I have a good semantic memory but
I have no way to introspect life events.
If I have Ti as auxiliary then it is underutilized. I rarely internalize my thoughts, Ne stuff just pops out interconnected ideas. Fi as I said contemplates on increasing attachments. That is why I am not ENFP. My attachments need to be direct because it is difficult to think about anyone or anything internally. I must be an extravert.
Animekitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-April-2016, 01:06 PM   #4
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoblado View Post
Do you consider yourself proud? If so, in what sense?

Arrogant?

Is there any particular thing you are invested in? Beliefs?

Do you have plans for the future and if so, would you mind sharing?

Do you ever find yourself coming to blows with other people? Be that IRL or in chat etc.

You sport a distinctive haircut. My intuition when I see someone with that haircut is that they are rebellious or feel unheard. Do you think either of these are true for you?

I think you have Ti and Fe in your top four. That would rule out eight types:
ENTJ
INTJ
INFP
ENFP
ESFP
ISFP
ESTJ
ISTJ


Since I've failed to rule out INFJ, you must be an INFJ. I'll need more information to commit to such a notion though.
I can answer these and I will. But I will wait until I get all the questions people have for me and do them all in one fell swoop. I'll do another video if people find it appropriate.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th-April-2016, 01:08 PM   #5
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animekitty View Post
I think that, from what I see, being inside your head with thoughts frequently is introversion. And I would say Ti because it looks like you are not satisfied with easy problems. I remember you like math and card games. IxTP is probable but I would need to know more about you thoughts to tell if they are Fi rather than Ti. ( IxFP ). INFP and INTP look calm but inside more is happening. INFP focus on the "me aspect" where Ne connects everything that is possible to a relationship to the self (Like - don't like). INTP have elaborate systems but they are detached from them. They simply exist and have there place with ever increasing elements and structure. Like INFP, Ne provides more possibilities to consider.

ISTP and ISFP share Se as auxiliary. They observe the exterior where ISTP takes world items as puzzle pieces that go together. Like legos put together and organized by its place. ISFP has sentimental attachment to almost everything they see. When they are by themselves they think about what they have seen and become more and more attached.

I believe myself to be ENTP.
From a comment I made on a blog I read:



If I have Ti as auxiliary then it is underutilized. I rarely internalize my thoughts, Ne stuff just pops out interconnected ideas. Fi as I said contemplates on increasing attachments. That is why I am not ENFP. My attachments need to be direct because it is difficult to think about anyone or anything internally. I must be an extravert.
Thank you for your thoughts.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-April-2016, 01:43 AM   #6
Teax
huh?
 
Teax's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: in orbit of a friendly star <3
Posts: 357
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Living in the past, keeping it safe. Pretty much the theme of your video: Si.

How much does Si have to do with your type, I can not say. Does your video reflect what you usually do all day? Or did you just pick these topics because you thought they were relevant for MBTI? If it's the latter, then you concentrate on the wrong thing. MBTI is not about how your mind works in principle, because that's pretty much a fixed thing. It's about the interaction. Hadoblado's topics are good, I'd add these: What are you annoyed about and what annoys you about it. What are your interests, and what do you enjoy about them.
Teax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-April-2016, 02:35 AM   #7
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

I'll add those to the list.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-April-2016, 03:48 AM   #8
Artsu Tharaz
Resident Resident
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 2,288
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

You seem like an ESTP.

Is that intentional?
Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-April-2016, 04:09 AM   #9
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsu Tharaz View Post
You seem like an ESTP.

Is that intentional?
Do you mean in the way that my mannerisms are not "odd?"
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-April-2016, 05:43 AM   #10
Artsu Tharaz
Resident Resident
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 2,288
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Do you mean in the way that my mannerisms are not "odd?"
I have no freaking idea what you mean by that.

You're like mirror image of DrArendee. For some reason your voice sounds like AK, whats up with that?
Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-April-2016, 05:50 AM   #11
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsu Tharaz View Post
I have no freaking idea what you mean by that.

You're like mirror image of DrArendee. For some reason your voice sounds like AK, whats up with that?
Who the hell is DrArendee?
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-April-2016, 05:52 AM   #12
Artsu Tharaz
Resident Resident
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 2,288
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Who the hell is DrArendee?
Whyyyyy do you want to know?

You closely resemble other ESTPs too.

That's why I asked if you were doing some ESTP voodoo.

Because you seem totally like an ESTP.
Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-April-2016, 05:53 AM   #13
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsu Tharaz View Post
Whyyyyy do you want to know?

You closely resemble other ESTPs too.

That's why I asked if you were doing some ESTP voodoo.

Because you seem totally like an ESTP.
K, thanks for your feedback.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-April-2016, 09:43 PM   #14
NewInternet
Redshirt
 

Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 18
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsu Tharaz View Post
Whyyyyy do you want to know?

You closely resemble other ESTPs too.

That's why I asked if you were doing some ESTP voodoo.

Because you seem totally like an ESTP.
No offense, but comments like this are making me realize that people don't understand typology. Are you saying this the way he dresses is implicit of a specific way of processing and judging information? That's not how typing works. Typing is descriptive of inner workings. It's a set of ideas that we use as measuring sticks to get an idea of what someone does with stimuli. You're using his shirt and hair as a measuring stick. This is the antithesis of typology; a primitive snap judgement.
NewInternet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-April-2016, 10:12 PM   #15
Fukyo
blurb blurb
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Who the hell is DrArendee?
He had some youtube typology videos. From a cursory search, it looks like he deleted his channel.
__________________
wake up sheeple
Fukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-April-2016, 12:46 AM   #16
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukyo View Post
He had some youtube typology videos. From a cursory search, it looks like he deleted his channel.
Thanks for this info.. was wondering why when I googled it I came up with a goose egg.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-April-2016, 01:24 AM   #17
Fukyo
blurb blurb
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,325
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Try googling dj arandee.
__________________
wake up sheeple
Fukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-April-2016, 12:41 PM   #18
Artsu Tharaz
Resident Resident
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 2,288
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Now, I know what you're thinking. Can this Artsu guy actually type people or not? Well, y'know, in all this commotion I kind of lost track of that myself.

So you have to ask yourself one question...
Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th-April-2016, 09:11 AM   #19
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukyo View Post
Try googling dj arandee.
LOL. I did, came up with a youtube video, that's rich
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th-April-2016, 09:36 AM   #20
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

I'll be addressing some things soon given no one else contributes meaningful things to talk about. Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts on my type. At this point I am infact leaning INTP based on the collection of information I have gotten from all of you. If you think I should address these things in video, let me know and I will do that. Otherwise, I will just type out my thoughts on these things.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-April-2016, 07:28 AM   #21
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

I have some questions for you (all).

Do you think I think things through systematically or impressionably?

Do you think I have an active imagination?

Do you think I have any idea what I am talking about?

Do you think I'm crazy?

Feel free to be as honest as possible; my feelings died ages ago and this has more to do with thinking than anything else.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-April-2016, 10:39 AM   #22
Brontosaurie
Banned
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5,650
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Do you think I think things through systematically or impressionably?
More toward the latter.

To me you seem like you're in a rut where you inhibit your flow of impressions and try to force yourself into systematic thinking, resulting in diminishing returns. This is likely a problem of many self-identified INTP's, at various levels and degrees, whether or not the INTP type construct fits their true nature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Do you think I have an active imagination?
Rather a passive imagination, as you seem to perceive the world with an overlay of imagination. Perhaps this is something we all do and yours is just extra noticeable to me because of striking differences, which i'd like to elaborate on but find myself at a lack of words for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Do you think I have any idea what I am talking about?
It's difficult to answer categorically.

I think you have a hard time with topic- and debate-oriented styles of conversation due to veering off on tangents and due to a lack of formalized parameters. This is not to say that you are clueless (even though i remember probably saying things to that effect in the past).

To me your mind seems oriented around Se & Fi. You are good at fleshing out the substance of particulars in a way that emphasizes subjective experience, but you are not so good at analytical reduction. I often get the sense that to you, a discussion is an adventure - a linear experience deeply involving transformative emotions and playing on expectations - rather than a detached, open-ended treatment of abstractions. You appear to desire a dramaturgical curve, with a pleasing sequence of introductions, discoveries, plot twists and so forth. This even holds priority over the topic itself. Sometimes, the analytical and factual components of a debate seem like arbitrary props to you, as if you're playing with toys, like a child. In this sense i suppose you exhibit an active imagination. It's an aspect i didn't consider when answering that question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Do you think I'm crazy?
I think you're mentally unwell, but not delusional.

I realize some of this may appear insulting but my observations are earnest and my intentions are friendly if anything.

Note: I didn't watch the video so my answers are based on your written input.
Brontosaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-April-2016, 09:28 AM   #23
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurie View Post
More toward the latter.

To me you seem like you're in a rut where you inhibit your flow of impressions and try to force yourself into systematic thinking, resulting in diminishing returns. This is likely a problem of many self-identified INTP's, at various levels and degrees, whether or not the INTP type construct fits their true nature.
I see myself much more as a impressional type thinker rather than a systematic one. Not sure if this correlates with INTP or not as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurie View Post
Rather a passive imagination, as you seem to perceive the world with an overlay of imagination. Perhaps this is something we all do and yours is just extra noticeable to me because of striking differences, which i'd like to elaborate on but find myself at a lack of words for.
What do you mean by passive imagination? If you could say how you think this overly of imagination in seeing the world is different, what you you say? Examples?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurie View Post
It's difficult to answer categorically.

I think you have a hard time with topic- and debate-oriented styles of conversation due to veering off on tangents and due to a lack of formalized parameters. This is not to say that you are clueless (even though i remember probably saying things to that effect in the past).

To me your mind seems oriented around Se & Fi. You are good at fleshing out the substance of particulars in a way that emphasizes subjective experience, but you are not so good at analytical reduction. I often get the sense that to you, a discussion is an adventure - a linear experience deeply involving transformative emotions and playing on expectations - rather than a detached, open-ended treatment of abstractions. You appear to desire a dramaturgical curve, with a pleasing sequence of introductions, discoveries, plot twists and so forth. This even holds priority over the topic itself. Sometimes, the analytical and factual components of a debate seem like arbitrary props to you, as if you're playing with toys, like a child. In this sense i suppose you exhibit an active imagination. It's an aspect i didn't consider when answering that question.
I detest any hint of the monotonous, so I make every precautionary measure to make sure life isn't dull. You have some good observations here. I'd like to hear your thoughts on my dominant function if you could. I completely agree that I am horrible at analytical reduction, but again, don't know if this makes me not INTP or not. I guess I would say I work by systems, but not systematically, if that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brontosaurie View Post
I think you're mentally unwell, but not delusional.

I realize some of this may appear insulting but my observations are earnest and my intentions are friendly if anything.

Note: I didn't watch the video so my answers are based on your written input.
I should really be eating healthier, I think my mental health would improve if I did - and exercise.

You might learn something new about me if you watch the video. I had a structure lined out so its not too disorganised.



Overall, it seems your observational capabilities of others far exceeds my own. Its posts like this one that tell me you are much smarter than you come across. You have a very unique use of language that is really interesting and enjoyable to read. Thanks for your thoughts.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-April-2016, 10:07 AM   #24
Animekitty
A royal color
 
Animekitty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Your Heart
Posts: 3,553
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

People who know more than one language, helps them recognize grammatical contexts in all of them. Bronto is from Scandinavia, the region.

You are very stoic in your video QuickTwist. My earlier videos I made had the same pace as your videos. After a while I began to talk faster in my videos. I think the reason I began to talk faster was that I had stuff I wanted to talk about. That makes the rest of my videos faster as well. And it also makes me look passionate but really I just have random ideas and once I have enough then I know what I want to say. It all wants to come out at the same time for me. I really look over excited. People make videos to show other people what they find interesting and the same goes for forums like this one (INTPf). Some people make it their main hobby.
Animekitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-April-2016, 10:48 AM   #25
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animekitty View Post
People who know more than one language, helps them recognize grammatical contexts in all of them. Bronto is from Scandinavia, the region.

You are very stoic in your video QuickTwist. My earlier videos I made had the same pace as your videos. After a while I began to talk faster in my videos. I think the reason I began to talk faster was that I had stuff I wanted to talk about. That makes the rest of my videos faster as well. And it also makes me look passionate but really I just have random ideas and once I have enough then I know what I want to say. It all wants to come out at the same time for me. I really look over excited. People make videos to show other people what they find interesting and the same goes for forums like this one (INTPf). Some people make it their main hobby.
I don't know why I didn't take what Bronto said and just add it to the list, but whatever.

Do you think I need to do another video AK?
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-April-2016, 11:00 AM   #26
Animekitty
A royal color
 
Animekitty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Your Heart
Posts: 3,553
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
I don't know why I didn't take what Bronto said and just add it to the list, but whatever.

Do you think I need to do another video AK?
Personally I would like you to make a video about something you enjoy doing. That I think will let us see another side to who you are.

I am still caught up what my next video should be. And from feedback of people around here, I am definitely an Ne dom. (I am still not an expert yet but it's been said that Fi doms can seem cold).
Animekitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-April-2016, 11:05 AM   #27
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animekitty View Post
Personally I would like you to make a video about something you enjoy doing. That I think will let us see another side to who you are.

I am still caught up what my next video should be. And from feedback of people around here, I am definitely an Ne dom. (I am still not an expert yet (it's been said Fi doms can seem cold))
I can see Ne dom in you in the way not necessarily pertaining to Extroversion as it is typically understood in a social way (though I don't know how you interact with people in your personal life).

I will make a video addressing the questions asked and try and talk more about my interests in it. I think the questions asked (and some comments made) that I will adress will get me to show a different side, but honestly, I might not be as animated as if I was talking to someone irl about something I was passionate about.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-April-2016, 01:12 PM   #28
Sinny91
Banned
 

Join Date: May 2015
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 6,314
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

You, Tberg and Anime are all rather monotone... I zoned out or got distracted throughout each of your video's.... maybe that just says more about my attention span.

I spent the most time watching Anime's because we share subjects of interest.
Sinny91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-April-2016, 03:06 PM   #29
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Here is video #2.

__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-April-2016, 05:09 PM   #30
Teax
huh?
 
Teax's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: in orbit of a friendly star <3
Posts: 357
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Reply to in-video: well in principle you're right, MBTI is about how the mind works, but it also isn't. We all process information through the same T, F, N and S in our mind. Ideas go in, actions come out. But we also have an un-equal power relation between these elements. MBTI is more about the tug-war, the interaction between these 4 elements. And to see which one dominates you have to pit them against each other by concentrating on other things than your mind.

Talking about interests, you skipped the why part. But that's the main indicator which function is responsible for what you decide to do at any point. The what part is just there for context. What about disc golf that you to enjoy?

Video games are an unspecific topic, what type of video game were you playing the longest? And most importantly, how are the enjoyable moments enjoyable of those games and what's an annoyance? To demonstrate on a clichée: playing minecraft or "finally deciding to try it out" has absolutely nothing to do with your type. But if you explain why you quit minecraft, that would be extremely relevant. Also if you played it for more than a month, and tell me how you spent most of your time in there.

"Too logical to have hobbies"

In this video I see a Ji indication. Those pauses. And the way you see things, through their principle and integrity.
Teax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th-April-2016, 03:20 AM   #31
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teax View Post
Reply to in-video: well in principle you're right, MBTI is about how the mind works, but it also isn't. We all process information through the same T, F, N and S in our mind. Ideas go in, actions come out. But we also have an un-equal power relation between these elements. MBTI is more about the tug-war, the interaction between these 4 elements. And to see which one dominates you have to pit them against each other by concentrating on other things than your mind.

Talking about interests, you skipped the why part. But that's the main indicator which function is responsible for what you decide to do at any point. The what part is just there for context. What about disc golf that you to enjoy?

Video games are an unspecific topic, what type of video game were you playing the longest? And most importantly, how are the enjoyable moments enjoyable of those games and what's an annoyance? To demonstrate on a clichée: playing minecraft or "finally deciding to try it out" has absolutely nothing to do with your type. But if you explain why you quit minecraft, that would be extremely relevant. Also if you played it for more than a month, and tell me how you spent most of your time in there.

"Too logical to have hobbies"

In this video I see a Ji indication. Those pauses. And the way you see things, through their principle and integrity.
Why I like doing what I do - my interests. Well, IDK, its like things that got introduced to me one way or another and I just did them because there were something to do I guess. I like disc golf for the same reason I like pottery ie it gives the body something to do which is healthy and is something you can refine your skills to get better and better.

I like RPGs the best, the ones I really like are the pause and play RPGs like Dragon Age and FFX and XCOM 2. I like them because there is no rush to have to do things super fast or at a certain time. I like to think through my actions. For many games I try to come up with a strategy that will work in almost all situations, rather than coming up with specifics for each instance. I have most of my hours in DA:O and Skyrim, but TW3 is close behind, but I don't know how many hours I have on FFX, a good amount though for sure. I also will play a game until I know it like the back of my hand. I don't buy a lot of games but the ones I do buy I play a lot. It is enjoyable when I have to try several time to succeed but once I succeed it is a great feeling. I typically play games on the hardest difficulty - XCOM 2 is one of the only games I don't play on the hardest difficulty because that game is hard as dick. I also really like there to be a really good story element in games. I don't like games like the sims because there is no story or direction to the game. I also will play a game a while, then stop playing it only to pick it up a while later. My interests change over time but I still have staple interests that I keep going back to.

Does that answer your questions?
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th-April-2016, 07:59 AM   #32
Teax
huh?
 
Teax's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: in orbit of a friendly star <3
Posts: 357
windows_98_nt_2000opera
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Yep. I still wish I saw you laugh at least once in your videos hehe. Don't mind me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Why I like doing what I do - my interests. Well, IDK, its like things that got introduced to me one way or another and I just did them because there were something to do I guess. I like disc golf for the same reason I like pottery ie it gives the body something to do which is healthy and is something you can refine your skills to get better and better.
I definitely heard this before but I can't find it in my notes....Unless this is the sort of thing you logically enjoy, when it sounds better in your head than in practice.... I have to pass on this right now maybe someone else knows how this fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
I like RPGs the best, the ones I really like are the pause and play RPGs like Dragon Age and FFX and XCOM 2. I like them because there is no rush to have to do things super fast or at a certain time. I like to think through my actions. For many games I try to come up with a strategy that will work in almost all situations, rather than coming up with specifics for each instance. I have most of my hours in DA:O and Skyrim, but TW3 is close behind, but I don't know how many hours I have on FFX, a good amount though for sure. I also will play a game until I know it like the back of my hand. I don't buy a lot of games but the ones I do buy I play a lot. It is enjoyable when I have to try several time to succeed but once I succeed it is a great feeling. I typically play games on the hardest difficulty - XCOM 2 is one of the only games I don't play on the hardest difficulty because that game is hard as dick. I also really like there to be a really good story element in games. I don't like games like the sims because there is no story or direction to the game. I also will play a game a while, then stop playing it only to pick it up a while later. My interests change over time but I still have staple interests that I keep going back to.
Reminds me of Si + Ne gamers. Could be ISTJ. But taking into account everything else INTP sounds more likely.
Teax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th-April-2016, 04:25 AM   #33
Hadoblado
Looker at dicker
 
Hadoblado's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 4,275
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

I'm back by popular demand. You hear that? I called you popular <3

Okay first off, I must confess you look exactly like one of my best friends that I've known for 24 years. They think they're INTP, I think them ISTP/ESTP. You've got similar mannerisms and everything, though his presences is 'larger'. He's more boisterous compared to your rather flat affect. Your gaze is also more clear it seems, though that might be because you're staring at a camera.

The way you talk is flat, I'd like to see you have a conversation with someone else, so I could see what your eyes do, but assuming your steady gaze etc. is not just caused by the camera, I'd rule out both Fe and Ne being in your top two functions. You say the things, and they're not 'bouncy' or socially directed. You'll have to judge this for yourself. Does the way you talk to the camera replicate your social behaviour accurately?

If true, this would rule out these:
INTP
ENTP
INFJ
ENFJ


In combination with my other list of things ruled out:
Quote:
ENTJ
INTJ
INFP
ENFP
ESFP
ISFP
ESTJ
ISTJ
This would leave us with:
ESTP
ISTP
ISFP
ESFP

Since you think it's impossible you're ISFP - putting little value in sentiment, I think that, just like my friend that looks similar to you but twice the size, you're ISTP/ESTP.

Take with a shower of salt, because I don't have much faith in MBTI, and am not very well read on it. But if the premises are acceptable the conclusion must follow.

More important than your type, I take it you're after how you're perceived in general. Who isn't?

Quote:
Do you think I think things through systematically or impressionably?

Do you think I have an active imagination?

Do you think I have any idea what I am talking about?

Do you think I'm crazy?

Feel free to be as honest as possible; my feelings died ages ago and this has more to do with thinking than anything else.
You leave me with the impression you're impressionable. Similar in a way to that member that came through here ages back, somefoolishfoole. When in a conversation, you don't seem to be pushing an agenda, which implies the reason you are there is to learn. Fuck me right? It doesn't seem like you're particularly systematic in your thoughts, though you might still be. I'm quite systematic, but if you talked to me face to face most of the time you would get a healthy dose of wut.

Do I think you've got an imagination? Well, again, similar to my friend, kind of? I guess it depends on who you surround yourself with. In his circle he's quite imaginative and 'fresh', but when he tries to wow me with his deep thoughts I have to bite back condescension because it's usually just not a new thought to me. Similarly here, you say you want to have a new take, but this forum has been going a long time and there's very little left to say without writing an academic paper. The sphere of conversational level deep thoughts is largely exhausted - it's only when someone such as Absurdity starts a thread using an article as fuel that I am consistently engaged. I guess I'd say you strike me as someone who can be imaginative, but has had less exposure to ideas?

Do I think you have any idea what you're talking about? Yes, but I'm not sure if you approach expertise with anything. You don't make a fool of yourself if that's what you're asking.

Do I think you're crazy? Nope. I think your life has been impacted by your mental health, and it's left you floundering to establish a concrete sense of self and direction. You're still a potential, ready to go figure out who/what you want to be. Me too.
__________________
Spoiler:

"Fire is magic, friendship is mere technology" ~ Void of Space

"The advantages of being very precise even while not being very accurate" ~ Genitive Of Of

"Don't you just love punctuating questions as you would statements in order to soft-claim certainty that elicits agreement" ~ Taint of Volition

Unprincipled exceptions rule everything around me" ~ Content of Media
Hadoblado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th-April-2016, 06:56 AM   #34
EyeSeeCold
lust for life
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: California, USA
Posts: 7,734
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoblado View Post
When in a conversation, you don't seem to be pushing an agenda, which implies the reason you are there is to learn.
I agree your social style seems very straightforward and lacking an agenda. I am going off pretty superficial and hasty information here but I could easily imagine hanging out with you and being comfortable with the vibe you give off. Of course our interests and values may differ.

One other thing is that I remember you liking a lot of bands that I was into during my teen years. For me those bands represented angst and melancholy. I'm not sure if you're depressed and that's the reason why I find your energy nonthreatening, but either way there's a wavelength there that I feel I could tune into by reaching into my past.

My assessment isn't very objective but I would go with FiSe / SiTe, at least introverted and Fi/Te.
__________________


Maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves.

we will live on forever and ever
EyeSeeCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th-April-2016, 03:07 PM   #35
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoblado View Post
I'm back by popular demand. You hear that? I called you popular <3
lol, calling me popular. I found that quite amusing because I've always been far too reserved to be popular, at least irl. But no, I have no desire to even be popular, let alone be a figure of importance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoblado View Post
Okay first off, I must confess you look exactly like one of my best friends that I've known for 24 years. They think they're INTP, I think them ISTP/ESTP. You've got similar mannerisms and everything, though his presences is 'larger'. He's more boisterous compared to your rather flat affect. Your gaze is also more clear it seems, though that might be because you're staring at a camera.

The way you talk is flat, I'd like to see you have a conversation with someone else, so I could see what your eyes do, but assuming your steady gaze etc. is not just caused by the camera, I'd rule out both Fe and Ne being in your top two functions. You say the things, and they're not 'bouncy' or socially directed. You'll have to judge this for yourself. Does the way you talk to the camera replicate your social behaviour accurately?

If true, this would rule out these:
INTP
ENTP
INFJ
ENFJ


In combination with my other list of things ruled out:


This would leave us with:
ESTP
ISTP
ISFP
ESFP

Since you think it's impossible you're ISFP - putting little value in sentiment, I think that, just like my friend that looks similar to you but twice the size, you're ISTP/ESTP.

Take with a shower of salt, because I don't have much faith in MBTI, and am not very well read on it. But if the premises are acceptable the conclusion must follow.
Thanks, that's good feedback and is appreciated. I can see where you think I am ISTP on the one hand, but I do not see myself as Se lead at all, so that would rule out ESTP. I think of ESTPs as adrenalin junkies and that is just not me at all. I suppose I can see myself as ISTj-Ti well enough I guess. The difference between seeing myself as INTP and ISTP largely has to do with my ideas and putting them into practice. So while I don't have a lot of original ideas (you were right on the mark when you said "someone who can be imaginative, but has had less exposure to ideas"), but my ideas are not ones easily actually put into practice, if that makes sense. I am just not well learnt if I am being honest. My ideas that I come up with are new to me, but have likely be thought up and surpassed by others. But above all, even in the case I have not been exposed to new ideas, I am first and foremost a thinker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoblado View Post
More important than your type, I take it you're after how you're perceived in general. Who isn't?

You leave me with the impression you're impressionable. Similar in a way to that member that came through here ages back, somefoolishfoole. When in a conversation, you don't seem to be pushing an agenda, which implies the reason you are there is to learn. Fuck me right? It doesn't seem like you're particularly systematic in your thoughts, though you might still be. I'm quite systematic, but if you talked to me face to face most of the time you would get a healthy dose of wut.
I am pretty impressionable, this is true. The reason for this is that I give people credit for thinking things through more thoroughly than I do, even though it is seldom the case for me (irl at least). I ask if people think I think impressionably or systematically just because I am curious what people think about me in this area. I consider myself to think very impressionably. I don't really think "if x is y and y is z then x is z" sort of mentality. I just sort of think and the answer comes to me and sometimes (actually quite often) I really don't know how I got from point A to point B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoblado View Post
Do I think you've got an imagination? Well, again, similar to my friend, kind of? I guess it depends on who you surround yourself with. In his circle he's quite imaginative and 'fresh', but when he tries to wow me with his deep thoughts I have to bite back condescension because it's usually just not a new thought to me. Similarly here, you say you want to have a new take, but this forum has been going a long time and there's very little left to say without writing an academic paper. The sphere of conversational level deep thoughts is largely exhausted - it's only when someone such as Absurdity starts a thread using an article as fuel that I am consistently engaged. I guess I'd say you strike me as someone who can be imaginative, but has had less exposure to ideas?
As far as eyes goes, I have never had "quick" or "explorative" eyes. It might seem like I am not thinking based on the fact that my eyes are not moving, but that could not be further from the truth. In actuality, the fact that my eye don't move is because I am thinking. I am just not paying attention to what I am looking at when it looks like I am staring off into space. Like I am just not paying attention to the outside world when I have that kind of steady gaze. Its a trait seen in my dads side of the family. Many of my uncles (and one in an extreme case) are often looking through whatever their eyes are focused on. When I converse with people I will often do the same thing, not really looking at the person, but more just kinda staring off into space.

When I talk, I can very well raise my voice, but pretty much only to match the voice elevation of the other person. I just don't really use a lot of inflection in my voice. I also don't really say things with any kind of "directive". I just sorta say stuff as it comes to me, without trying to manipulate anything.

I would say I really only have an active imagination when I am doing something monotonous, like sweeping or doing data entry for my volunteer work. At those points my mind does tend to wander quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoblado View Post
Do I think you have any idea what you're talking about? Yes, but I'm not sure if you approach expertise with anything. You don't make a fool of yourself if that's what you're asking.
I've been debating if I see myself as a generalist or a specialist lately. Its true I am not much of an expert at anything, but this is mostly due to getting board with subjects before I can really become any kind of expert at given subject. I have poor self discipline that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoblado View Post
Do I think you're crazy? Nope. I think your life has been impacted by your mental health, and it's left you floundering to establish a concrete sense of self and direction. You're still a potential, ready to go figure out who/what you want to be. Me too.
Yeah, I don't like the idea of thinking that I will never change as well.



Thanks for your feedback once again.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st-January-2017, 08:45 AM   #36
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

@Auburn.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st-January-2017, 02:02 PM   #37
Artsu Tharaz
Resident Resident
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 2,288
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

From this video, I think that you are IP and that Si is a shadow function, also leaning towards Ti dominant.

So INTP
Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st-January-2017, 02:53 PM   #38
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsu Tharaz View Post
From this video, I think that you are IP and that Si is a shadow function, also leaning towards Ti dominant.

So INTP
Mate, the shadow function is not the tertiary function...
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st-January-2017, 06:56 PM   #39
Auburn
Luftschloss Schöpfer
 
Auburn's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,177
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

(random: you remind me a lot of Animekitty, in the voice tone and phenotype. are you guys related? 0: )


I've having similar difficulties reading you down to 1 type, as I have with Anime. It's as though something is irregular.

What I can see clearly is native introversion. Your energy is very low key, it recedes naturally after every external push; is self-contained (not protruding out very far). You don't appear restless but appear to be heading continually toward a default of "inaction."

The other thing I see is strong Ni/Se functions, from the quality of yours eyes. Very direct, piercing, somewhat hypnotic and not very scattered. Ne eyes would be far more scattered and playful, while yours are more intense and linear.

I've done some 600 or so typings at this point, but your vultology doesn't really fit that of many. The closest you come to is a few FiSe and TiSe I've read.

You seem to show more Ji signals than Pi signals. Your hands have a delicate sort of quality; fingers spread tightly, in a gangly sort of way. Then folding back often, making gestures then returning to a poised stance. You don't "drone on"(Pi) so much as you actually contemplate your next sentence with some level of concern for the exactitude of your words. This all indicates Ji precision and principle.

If I had to say, I'd say 45% chance of FiSe, 40% chance of TiSe, 15% chance of NiTe. But I don't see Fe much at all, so at most it would be an inferior function. There's an emotional 'pinch' in your throat that seems like Fi's private emotion.

~~

Type alone isn't sufficient to capture a person's nature - though it's a huge chunk (about a third of it). So I'm currently learning about and experimenting with a few other psychological concepts, related to emotional anomalies/disorders.

You seem to be in a depressive state. There was an MBTI based test that has a divide like this between "-A" (assertive) and "-T" (turbulent) personalities. So you had things like INTP-A or INTP-T, and turbulent indicated a profile of the type in a general state of stupor or distress, and how that alters them. This can change how types look dramatically.

You mentioned you're an enneatype 4? I wonder how you experience yourself as a 4; do you fit the profile completely? And are there other enneatypes you feel you fit?
Auburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd-January-2017, 01:27 AM   #40
Artsu Tharaz
Resident Resident
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 2,288
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Mate, the shadow function is not the tertiary function...
Well, there are differing opinions on what constitutes the shadow function...

The shadow* is that which we identify ourselves as not being, so if your personality goes against Si, then Si would be in the shadow. Of course I am aware that usually the shadow for INTP is the Te Ni Se Fi functions, but I think that for example an identify who identified as having strong Te as well as Ti would probably not have it as a shadow function.

All 4 IP types can have weak Si (I'll just call it that) so it's a poor correlation for me to base anything off of, and I would do best to identify the auxiliary, however I am quite lacking in my understanding of many of the MBTI types.

*I doubt this is the correct explanation, but I just noticed that "shadow" could denote the way in which, for INTP, the Te is but a shadow of Ti, and Fi is but a shadow of Fe - so those functions are shadows because they are the weaker version of the same function.
Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd-January-2017, 10:59 AM   #41
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auburn View Post
(random: you remind me a lot of Animekitty, in the voice tone and phenotype. are you guys related? 0: )


I've having similar difficulties reading you down to 1 type, as I have with Anime. It's as though something is irregular.

What I can see clearly is native introversion. Your energy is very low key, it recedes naturally after every external push; is self-contained (not protruding out very far). You don't appear restless but appear to be heading continually toward a default of "inaction."

The other thing I see is strong Ni/Se functions, from the quality of yours eyes. Very direct, piercing, somewhat hypnotic and not very scattered. Ne eyes would be far more scattered and playful, while yours are more intense and linear.

I've done some 600 or so typings at this point, but your vultology doesn't really fit that of many. The closest you come to is a few FiSe and TiSe I've read.

You seem to show more Ji signals than Pi signals. Your hands have a delicate sort of quality; fingers spread tightly, in a gangly sort of way. Then folding back often, making gestures then returning to a poised stance. You don't "drone on"(Pi) so much as you actually contemplate your next sentence with some level of concern for the exactitude of your words. This all indicates Ji precision and principle.

If I had to say, I'd say 45% chance of FiSe, 40% chance of TiSe, 15% chance of NiTe. But I don't see Fe much at all, so at most it would be an inferior function. There's an emotional 'pinch' in your throat that seems like Fi's private emotion.

~~

Type alone isn't sufficient to capture a person's nature - though it's a huge chunk (about a third of it). So I'm currently learning about and experimenting with a few other psychological concepts, related to emotional anomalies/disorders.

You seem to be in a depressive state. There was an MBTI based test that has a divide like this between "-A" (assertive) and "-T" (turbulent) personalities. So you had things like INTP-A or INTP-T, and turbulent indicated a profile of the type in a general state of stupor or distress, and how that alters them. This can change how types look dramatically.

You mentioned you're an enneatype 4? I wonder how you experience yourself as a 4; do you fit the profile completely? And are there other enneatypes you feel you fit?
Thanks, I can see most of those things in myself.

I took that test and got:

Spoiler:


IDK what that is going to tell you, but there it is..

As far as Enneagram 4 goes, I really just have to say that it works best in combination with 5 and 9 to get a good representation of who I am. I am largely introspective and don't often follow the norm. My thought process tries to propel away from the obvious to find the jewel in the rough. The motivation for this, however, is not something I have be able to narrow down. I am also more of a 9 than 8 though I have some tendencies of both. I can be extremely assertive in an environment where shit needs to get done, however, I often choose the path of least resistance. IDK if that makes sense to you or not, but there it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsu Tharaz View Post
Well, there are differing opinions on what constitutes the shadow function...

The shadow* is that which we identify ourselves as not being, so if your personality goes against Si, then Si would be in the shadow. Of course I am aware that usually the shadow for INTP is the Te Ni Se Fi functions, but I think that for example an identify who identified as having strong Te as well as Ti would probably not have it as a shadow function.

All 4 IP types can have weak Si (I'll just call it that) so it's a poor correlation for me to base anything off of, and I would do best to identify the auxiliary, however I am quite lacking in my understanding of many of the MBTI types.

*I doubt this is the correct explanation, but I just noticed that "shadow" could denote the way in which, for INTP, the Te is but a shadow of Ti, and Fi is but a shadow of Fe - so those functions are shadows because they are the weaker version of the same function.
I've just never heard the tertiary called the shadow before.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd-January-2017, 12:55 PM   #42
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,861
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

I also found this alternate test results interesting.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-January-2017, 12:10 AM   #43
Animekitty
A royal color
 
Animekitty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Your Heart
Posts: 3,553
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
I also found this alternate test results interesting.
Interesting Test. I got INFJ. I think the socionics test is better though. (I got INFj on it (MBTI - INFP))

Here are my new notes if Auburn wants to comment.

Quote:
Judgment

Ti - Organizes the inner world.
Te - Organizes the outer world.

Fi - Values the inner world.
Fe - Values the outer world.

Perception

Ni - Sees possible inner worlds. (convergent possibility)
Ne - Sees possible outer worlds. (divergent possibilities)

Si - Sees the inner world as factual details.
Se - Sees the world as is in great detail.

---

INFP

Fi - Values the inner world.
Ne - Sees possible outer worlds.
Si - Sees the inner world as factual details.
Te - Organizes the outer world.

Fi pulls in the opposite of Fe. Fi builds a model of its values as a model of the self and compares others to its model. Fe builds models of others and chooses to best model to emulate. The best model becomes the self with Fe whereas Fi refines the model it created itself deciding what the model should be. Fe can also choose what to emulate in others if they are better in some areas and not others. Fi detects the differences between itself and others and understands if others have a self-model of themselves. This means Fi becomes the other person inside themselves rathers than be behaving as that person behavior copying their actions. Fe will copy actions to become someone else. Fi will simulate the inside of the other person into themselves.

Ti is much like Fi in its refinement of models yet instead of a self-model Ti is a model of logic. Ti created a logical model that never existed in the real world but is perfectly correct in that this model knows what is in the world it is just that this new model follows principles that are not negated by the real world and thus the model must be logically sound. Te builds models of things in the real world so it is empirical rather than theoretical. Te needs to test new ideas before making them part of the model. Ti can add multiple ideas to a model as long as they know in principle they do not negate the model and later verify if the entire model works.
Animekitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd-January-2017, 12:53 AM   #44
Artsu Tharaz
Resident Resident
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: /~\
Posts: 2,288
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Video type me: take two.

Quote:
I've just never heard the tertiary called the shadow before.
I think whether it could rightly be termed a shadow function would come down to whether the tertiary does play a significant role in the individual or not. For example, if you are ISTP, but say Ni really is your 3rd strongest function, then calling it a shadow function would be out of place. On the other hand, the shadow even has traits of the dominant function, just not as many of them (since there would be some aspects of the dominant that we disagree with).

It could be possible that due to the nature of the test, the N/S and/or F/T dichotomies may be poor descriptors of you, and maybe a different personality test which uses different axes would be better able to describe your personality.
Artsu Tharaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:08 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
no new posts