INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > Online Tests

Old 19th-December-2015, 09:07 PM   #51
Bogart

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: MMPI-2 test

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
I told you if you were correct on your first answer... wasn't that good enough?

You obviously think of me as a dimwit for missing such an easily observable occurrence. Perhaps you will think of me as at least a teeny tiny bit smarter than you originally thought?
it doesn't take a dimwit to miss evidence, but your reply was lacking some key components that I would have expected... but isn't that what we are talking about?

I hope you said that to try to show me that I can be perceived as a dick as apposed to you actually feeling like a dimwit. Intelligence is relative. one of my favorite quotes is "You can't judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree".

59% I
74% N
81% T
80% P
62% t

Why do I feel like everyone wants me to post the cumulative data from all proceeding posts relative to the topic of every post I post?
Bogart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-December-2015, 09:09 PM   #52
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
it doesn't take a dimwit to miss evidence, but your reply was lacking some key components that I would have expected... but isn't that what we are talking about?

I hope you said that to try to show me that I can be perceived as a dick as apposed to you actually feeling like a dimwit. Intelligence is relative. one of my favorite quotes is "You can't judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree".
Thanks for the confirmation

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-December-2015, 09:24 PM   #53
Bogart

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Thanks for the confirmation
GAH!!!!!! lmao, that's not what I meant. The fish is a much better swimmer than any tree climber.

intelligence only has value if its functional in reality. I'm a 40 yo broke father of two who has claimed roughly $25k income combined in the last 3 years. My intelligence has not converted into anything real in a long time. I'm assuming you are much better off.

59% I
74% N
81% T
80% P
62% t

Why do I feel like everyone wants me to post the cumulative data from all proceeding posts relative to the topic of every post I post?
Old 19th-December-2015, 09:36 PM   #54
The Gopher
President

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Quote:
but yeah if I gather data on a person I can explain their actions easily... just ask any of my many ex-girlfriends.
I just want to point out something that you of course would know but it may be useful to people watching. Without data I can come up with reasons to explain anyone's actions. It's easy you would have to be an idiot or lazy to not potentially understand people. With some data I can think "Oh it's probably this" however it's at this "some* data" point a lot of people trip up and think the ability to explain someone's actions in a way that somewhat or seemingly completely lines up with said data means that's the only possible reason for said actions.

*(Some being anything from 1%-99%)

Until you have complete data and complete data confirming that your data is complete you can't actually know for sure even if they confirm that as the reason for their actions unless you have complete data on if they are lying or not. Of course that's a ridiculous standard so when it comes to murder/kidnapping I stick with what seems like 95-100% (or beyond reasonable doubt) and when it comes to general life I just stick with the best possibility at the time.

Sorry for the rant but confirmation bias and assuming correctness is a hobby horse of mine. As someone who is potentially good at understanding people I feel the need to point it out every time it comes up.
The Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-December-2015, 09:54 PM   #55
QuickTwist

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
GAH!!!!!! lmao, that's not what I meant. The fish is a much better swimmer than any tree climber.

intelligence only has value if its functional in reality. I'm a 40 yo broke father of two who has claimed roughly $25k income combined in the last 3 years. My intelligence has not converted into anything real in a long time. I'm assuming you are much better off.
My SSI makes about as much as you do, maybe more. Actually I had a job or two in there. That would bump up the total to about 30,000. Still a pretty pathetic measurement tho. My mother took a pay decrease by more than half of her net income and she still makes about as much as much as I do in 1 year as I do in 3. And I can figure stuff out at first glance that would take her a bit to understand. For example: We have company at our house right now. Before the party there was one of those containers were the veggies and dip are separated. My mother assumed that because the lid was black that it goes on the bottom, but it was the lid and if the lid is on the bottom then when you open the container all the veggies will go everywhere. Do you see my point?

Fucking right.
Old 19th-December-2015, 10:27 PM   #56
Bogart

Quote:
My SSI makes about as much as you do, maybe more. Actually I had a job or two in there. That would bump up the total to about 30,000. Still a pretty pathetic measurement tho. My mother took a pay decrease by more than half of her net income and she still makes about as much as much as I do in 1 year as I do in 3. And I can figure stuff out at first glance that would take her a bit to understand. For example: We have company at our house right now. Before the party there was one of those containers were the veggies and dip are separated. My mother assumed that because the lid was black that it goes on the bottom, but it was the lid and if the lid is on the bottom then when you open the container all the veggies will go everywhere. Do you see my point?
Then we understand each other. I wish I could get SSI, it would make everyone around me much happier.

59% I
74% N
81% T
80% P
62% t

Old 19th-December-2015, 11:23 PM   #57
QuickTwist

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Then we understand each other. I wish I could get SSI, it would make everyone around me much happier.
Unfortunately, you have to have something wrong with you that prevents you from working to get SSI.

Fucking right.
Old 19th-December-2015, 11:42 PM   #58
Bogart

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Unfortunately, you have to have something wrong with you that prevents you from working to get SSI.
Work with me, then tell me that I don't, lol. I'm certifiable. They don't have people running around and gathering us up and we can't make it through all the hoops to get the paper work done. Disabilities aren't all physical. Not to sound insensitive, but how do you qualify?

59% I
74% N
81% T
80% P
62% t

Old 19th-December-2015, 11:59 PM   #59
QuickTwist

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Work with me, then tell me that I don't, lol. I'm certifiable. They don't have people running around and gathering us up and we can't make it through all the hoops to get the paper work done. Disabilities aren't all physical. Not to sound insensitive, but how do you qualify?
I've been diagnosed with a mental illness that occurs in .3% or the population. I hired a lawyer on my behalf who took 25% of my backpay as payment. You'd rather not have what I have, trust me.

Fucking right.
Old 20th-December-2015, 12:10 AM   #60
Bogart

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
I've been diagnosed with a mental illness that occurs in .3% or the population. I hired a lawyer on my behalf who took 25% of my backpay as payment. You'd rather not have what I have, trust me.
To walk in your shoes would be the only test, my only request is to live a less chaotic life. How many windshields have you punched through? lol... I'm not pretending to understand what your living through, life is mostly perspective.. I know the only reason I'm alive today is because of my driving, unrelenting, curiosity.

59% I
74% N
81% T
80% P
62% t

Old 20th-December-2015, 12:17 AM   #61
QuickTwist

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
To walk in your shoes would be the only test, my only request is to live a less chaotic life. How many windshields have you punched through?
None. I'm really not that aggressive. And I haven't had to be. I think aggression is seldom the right course of action. I'm also a pacifist.

Quote:
lol... I'm not pretending to understand what your living through, life is mostly perspective.. I know the only reason I'm alive today is because of my driving, unrelenting, curiosity.
Doing what you are told and following rules gets you a lot further when it comes to survival IMO. Sadly I am not much of a rule follower.

Fucking right.
Old 20th-December-2015, 12:27 AM   #62
Bogart

windows_98_nt_2000safari

The "lol..." should have been placed after "through?", not before "I'm".

I can tell you from experience that aggression is NEVER the right course of action. You are lucky to not have what I have.

59% I
74% N
81% T
80% P
62% t

Old 20th-December-2015, 01:15 AM   #63
onesteptwostep
on indefinite leave

windows_98_nt_2000safari

L-Lie 61
F-Frequency 73
K-Correction 58

Hs-hypochondriasis 84
D-depression 81
Hy-hysteria 86
Pd-psychopathic deviate 59
Mf-masculinity/femininity 38
Pa-paranoia 68
Pt-psychathenia 79
Sc-schizophrenia 87
Ma-hypomania 41
Si-social introversion 59

I've being having massive stress and general tensions in the head lately when going out, so the outcome did seem likely. To expand further I notice my brain morphing every time I'm around different people/places. Bodily reactions, like eyes drying up or watering, or the muscles twitching, stinging/warming in the hands or feet, seems extremely more noticeable too, which explains the high hypochondriasis and psychathenia. I also assume the test correlated depression with anxiety which probably explains the high depression T-score. Schizophrenia doesn't worry me too much since I'd had a history of it anyway (but it's probably the schizophrenia that's affecting me neurologically, causing all the other symptoms)

And if I were to list the ones above 75..

D1-Subjective Depression 77
D2-Psychomotor Retardation 81
D4-Mental Dullness 82

Hy3-Lassitude-malaise 84
Hy4-Somatic Complaints 77

Sc1-Social Alienation 80
Sc3-Lack of Ego Mastery, Cognitive 78
Sc4-Lack of Ego Mastery, Conative 82

D-O-Depression, Obvious 79

Hy-O-Hysteria, Obvious 81

Not much to take from this. The F L K dynamic seems more interesting. High L is rare? Check. K seems stable enough. A high F points to psychological issues that needs to be address, which I would agree with reluctantly.

Overall I know there's some issues that need to be relaxed a bit, so nothing too much is out of the ordinary; for me here, at least.

edit: ah here's some parts that are on the spot:

HEA2-Neurological Symptoms 74
BIZ1-Psychotic Symptomatology 74
That is their hue
onesteptwostep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th-December-2015, 02:00 AM   #64
QuickTwist

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
The "lol..." should have been placed after "through?", not before "I'm".

I can tell you from experience that aggression is NEVER the right course of action. You are lucky to not have what I have.
You come across a lot like an ENTP as opposed to an INTP... Have you been tested?

Fucking right.
Old 20th-December-2015, 02:02 AM   #65
QuickTwist

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Sorry to hear that 1s2s. That is rough. I don't know how anyone scores higher than me for schizophrenia on this forum.

Fucking right.
Old 20th-December-2015, 03:19 AM   #66
onesteptwostep
on indefinite leave

windows_98_nt_2000safari

All that doesn't kill you makes you stronger ^_~
That is their hue
onesteptwostep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th-December-2015, 03:30 AM   #67
Bogart

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
You come across a lot like an ENTP as opposed to an INTP... Have you been tested?
I was actually diagnosed as a INTJ initially. The more I talk on here the more I feel like an E. I cant imagine I'm and E. My entire understanding of all I know was designed internally. Admittedly, I use information I collect to build it.

I have tested with 5 different tests and they all say INTP.

Like I said, I'm here to figure out what's going on. I want truth not sympathy or fluffing.

59% I
74% N
81% T
80% P
62% t

Old 20th-December-2015, 03:38 AM   #68
QuickTwist

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
I was actually diagnosed as a INTJ initially. The more I talk on here the more I feel like an E. I cant imagine I'm and E. My entire understanding of all I know was designed internally. Admittedly, I use information I collect to build it.

I have tested with 5 different tests and they all say INTP.

Like I said, I'm here to figure out what's going on. I want truth not sympathy or fluffing.
If you're interested in tests, go here. If you're interested in typing yourself, read Psychological Types.

Fucking right.
Old 20th-December-2015, 03:44 AM   #69
Bogart

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I think both self typing and the tests are flawed. I feel like an ENTP, the tests say I'm an INTP, people that know me say I'm an INTJ. I would hate to be an INTJ.

59% I
74% N
81% T
80% P
62% t

Old 22nd-October-2016, 04:31 AM   #70
QuickTwist

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
I think both self typing and the tests are flawed. I feel like an ENTP, the tests say I'm an INTP, people that know me say I'm an INTJ. I would hate to be an INTJ.
Some (but not all) INTJs are right pricks. Then there are INTJs who are more in touch with their Fi and are not so critical of everything. Yes, I think Fi is the real determination of how the INTJ is viewed.

Anyways, I read through the thread again and I can see I was needlessly abrasive, sorry for that.

Fucking right.