There's a lot of good stuff out there. Let's start a list with short summaries. All topics welcome.
- Nick Szabo's blog on law, cryptography, history, and other topics. Szabo's a brilliant guy, and one of the top suspects for the real identity of Satoshi Nakamoto
- Venkatesh Rao and other guest posters on "refactored perception," s00per meta stuff, and business-related topics.
- Cal Newport on metalearning and doing well in school and careers. I've mentioned his blog elsewhere on here.
- Curtis Yarvin, AKA Mencius Moldbug, on politics, history, and social issues from a self-proclaimed "reactionary" perspective. He's too busy with his start-up Urbit
to post anymore, but there are years of seriously good posts in the archives. Here's a more navigable menu of his posts.
- Mad philosopher Nick Land (mentioned previously as well
) on politics, horror, and Pythia
- Dr. Scott Alexander on social issues, rationality, and medicine. Flirts with the "reactionary" line of thought pursued by the previous two blogs.
- "Alone," a pseudonymous psychiatrist and self-professed alcoholic, on the pathological narcissism of our time. Mentioned previously.
Check out his "Hipsters on Foodstamps" posts (1
) for a taste.
- Less a blog than a community, but there are the foundational "Sequences"
of lengthy posts by boy-genius Eliezer Yudkowsky
on rationality, decision theory, and AI.