INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > INTP

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd-December-2016, 04:25 AM   #1
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,120
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default You know you're NOT INTP when?

Inspired by this thread, I find my thread much more interesting.

All Types WELCOMR (incruding INTP)!

I will go first:

You know you are not INTP when you can't identify yourself as any type. - Self explanatory.

You know you are not INTP when you have relatively healthy thoughts. - Pmuch everyone on this forum has demonstrated that if they acted on their thoughts they would end up in a psych ward.

You know you are not INTP when you make plans, because everyone knows that is more of an INTJ thing. - INTPs don't plan because planning is a drag.

Lastly, you know you are not INTP when you generally consider yourself an optimist. - I'm not going to explain this one because there would be no point.

I feel I am obligated to make this thread because I am not INTP.

Thank you and God bless.
__________________
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-December-2016, 04:40 AM   #2
reloaded
Member
 

Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 71
unknownfirefox
Default You know you're NOT INTP when?

You know you're not INTP when you rather socialize than choose solitary activities.

You know you're not INTP when you detest learning new information.

Thank you for this thread too. Thanks for the blessing.

Last edited by reloaded; 23rd-December-2016 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Typo
reloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-December-2016, 06:40 AM   #3
Creeping Death
I rustle jimmies
 
Creeping Death's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Kekistan
Posts: 543
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

You know you're not an INTP when numbers scare you.
__________________
Spoiler:
Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-December-2016, 06:51 AM   #4
Pizzabeak
Guardians of the galaxy
 
Pizzabeak's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,606
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

When you don't agree with other members' ban.
When your consciousness doesn't fully account for all phenomenon such as what time it is or where certain key objects are spatially located so you can waste the minimal amount of time navigating through space then realize that's why the military stopped the experiments with mind altering substances because they didn't fulfill that role and did something else instead, and why they continued to manufacture and utilize increasingly bizarre substances in order to try and make the mind focus on that instead but it can't so they have to use A.I. to further that goal as it seems like the only thing that could work
Pizzabeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-December-2016, 08:51 AM   #5
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 999
windows_xp_2003safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

When you've never questioned whether your parentage was at least partly extraterrestrial in origin.
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-December-2016, 09:01 AM   #6
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 999
windows_xp_2003safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
You know you are not INTP when you have relatively healthy thoughts. - Pmuch everyone on this forum has demonstrated that if they acted on their thoughts they would end up in a psych ward.
Has anyone else ever idly wondered what would happen if they walked into the office with an axe and started hacking apart the nearest person? Not that I would or want to, just wondered what people would do. How they'd react. Would they try to stop you, run, scream, just sit there in shock? World there be any correlation between types and reactions?
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-December-2016, 09:03 AM   #7
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,120
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixus View Post
Has anyone else ever idly wondered what would happen if they walked into the office with an axe and started hacking apart the nearest person? Not that I would or want to, just wondered what people would do. How they'd react. Would they try to stop you, run, scream, just sit there in shock? World there be any correlation between types and reactions?
I am imagining what it would be like to hit someone with an axe to the collar bone area.
__________________
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-December-2016, 06:36 PM   #8
Columbo
Detecting...
 
Columbo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: earth
Posts: 26
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixus View Post
Has anyone else ever idly wondered what would happen if they walked into the office with an axe and started hacking apart the nearest person? Not that I would or want to, just wondered what people would do. How they'd react. Would they try to stop you, run, scream, just sit there in shock? World there be any correlation between types and reactions?
for mamy years i've wanted to perform a plethora of social experiments which spontaneously come into my intp mind like:
-at church stand up during the quietest moment and slowly begin disrobing. then sit back down and listen like nothing unusual just occured.
-many other such ideas...thought of sharing another i had while out christmas shopping last night but it would likely offend readers so i'd better not describe it

yeah, in general this sort of thinking is so far removed from the box its almost purely an INTP thing
Columbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-December-2016, 06:48 PM   #9
Turnevies
Member
 
Turnevies's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 215
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

When you believe in common sense.

When you have never thought about the infinite series of thinking about thinking about thinking about thinking about...

When you are popular and proud of it.

When you think self-questioning is a bad thing.
Turnevies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-December-2016, 07:03 PM   #10
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 999
windows_xp_2003safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
for mamy years i've wanted to perform a plethora of social experiments which spontaneously come into my intp mind like:
-at church stand up during the quietest moment and slowly begin disrobing. then sit back down and listen like nothing unusual just occured.
-many other such ideas...thought of sharing another i had while out christmas shopping last night but it would likely offend readers so i'd better not describe it

yeah, in general this sort of thinking is so far removed from the box its almost purely an INTP thing
I'm glad I'm not the only one. Like, what would happen if I just chucked a boiling hot cup of coffee over someone. Or various thoughts involving nudity and inappropriate actions. And it's only idle thought. I'd never actually do any of it. But I will occasionally sit giggling at the thought of it.
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th-December-2016, 09:03 PM   #11
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 999
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

When you have a full range of human emotions.
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th-December-2016, 09:25 PM   #12
Jennywocky
Large tracts of fivehead
 
Jennywocky's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Charn
Posts: 9,987
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Columbo View Post
for mamy years i've wanted to perform a plethora of social experiments which spontaneously come into my intp mind like:
-at church stand up during the quietest moment and slowly begin disrobing. then sit back down and listen like nothing unusual just occured.
-many other such ideas...thought of sharing another i had while out christmas shopping last night but it would likely offend readers so i'd better not describe it

yeah, in general this sort of thinking is so far removed from the box its almost purely an INTP thing
I generally do not do the things that I imagine that fit with what you're suggesting. However, I have these thoughts all the time.

What I do is mention them, and then encourage others to do them instead while I lurk in the background and observe.
__________________
... My toast is dark and full of terrors.
Jennywocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th-December-2016, 10:55 PM   #13
Reluctantly
ҌΔҊҊΣǷ
 
Reluctantly's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,805
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixus View Post
When you have a full range of human emotions.
heh
Reluctantly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th-December-2016, 12:00 AM   #14
Adaire
quiet little science bitch
 
Adaire's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,350
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Inspired by this thread, I find my thread much more interesting.

All Types WELCOMR (incruding INTP)!

I will go first:

You know you are not INTP when you can't identify yourself as any type. - Self explanatory.

You know you are not INTP when you have relatively healthy thoughts. - Pmuch everyone on this forum has demonstrated that if they acted on their thoughts they would end up in a psych ward.

You know you are not INTP when you make plans, because everyone knows that is more of an INTJ thing. - INTPs don't plan because planning is a drag.

Lastly, you know you are not INTP when you generally consider yourself an optimist. - I'm not going to explain this one because there would be no point.

I feel I am obligated to make this thread because I am not INTP.

Thank you and God bless.
You know you're not an intp, when all the actual intps think you're an obnoxious fuck and tell you to piss off.

Piss off.
Adaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-December-2016, 07:58 AM   #15
Think it do it
SISU
 
Think it do it's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: I think they call it Earth
Posts: 25
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

I honestly am going to invest in a suit of armor (well padded, for blunt trauma), I have a longsword but id like a better one, strap a go pro on myself and go roam around the woods near me until I find a bear. It's not exactly that I want to be badass (although, it makes a good story and maybe someone would buy the film whether I die or not), I'm just kind of lacking something in myself, I feel as though I'm made for those moments (played basketball in HS and college and never missed a game winning shot, its like the only time I'm fully motivated is when everything is on the line and theres not a fucking thing, at least in my mind, stopping me) and playing COD just doesn't do it for me. Snowmobiling has been fun but I still feel too safe going 90 mph. I need something that not everyone is going to want to do. I swear ive never wanted to do something more. I'll keep you guys posted. btw ive heard bears often run form people, does anyone know how to piss off a bear without cubs; we had a bear about 6 months ago come up to our log house. and I also don't really give a fuck about if it's legal or not, probs die anyway lol
Think it do it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-December-2016, 09:25 AM   #16
TMills27
beep
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,077
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think it do it View Post
I honestly am going to invest in a suit of armor (well padded, for blunt trauma), I have a longsword but id like a better one, strap a go pro on myself and go roam around the woods near me until I find a bear. It's not exactly that I want to be badass (although, it makes a good story and maybe someone would buy the film whether I die or not), I'm just kind of lacking something in myself, I feel as though I'm made for those moments (played basketball in HS and college and never missed a game winning shot, its like the only time I'm fully motivated is when everything is on the line and theres not a fucking thing, at least in my mind, stopping me) and playing COD just doesn't do it for me. Snowmobiling has been fun but I still feel too safe going 90 mph. I need something that not everyone is going to want to do. I swear ive never wanted to do something more. I'll keep you guys posted. btw ive heard bears often run form people, does anyone know how to piss off a bear without cubs; we had a bear about 6 months ago come up to our log house. and I also don't really give a fuck about if it's legal or not, probs die anyway lol
Ya you're lacking something.
TMills27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-December-2016, 12:11 PM   #17
The Gopher
President
 
The Gopher's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,331
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think it do it View Post
I honestly am going to invest in a suit of armor (well padded, for blunt trauma), I have a longsword but id like a better one, strap a go pro on myself and go roam around the woods near me until I find a bear. It's not exactly that I want to be badass (although, it makes a good story and maybe someone would buy the film whether I die or not), I'm just kind of lacking something in myself, I feel as though I'm made for those moments (played basketball in HS and college and never missed a game winning shot, its like the only time I'm fully motivated is when everything is on the line and theres not a fucking thing, at least in my mind, stopping me) and playing COD just doesn't do it for me. Snowmobiling has been fun but I still feel too safe going 90 mph. I need something that not everyone is going to want to do. I swear ive never wanted to do something more. I'll keep you guys posted. btw ive heard bears often run form people, does anyone know how to piss off a bear without cubs; we had a bear about 6 months ago come up to our log house. and I also don't really give a fuck about if it's legal or not, probs die anyway lol
Hmm.... if I ever need to recruit for a private army I'll remember you.

When you are considering recruiting for a private army over going solo.
The Gopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-December-2016, 06:09 PM   #18
Architect
Professional INTP
 
Architect's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,692
macossafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

The easiest giveaway is if you're not a, variously described, 'lone wolf', "listen to the beat of your own drummer", and so forth. INTP's are the most independent of the types and this is the one singular feature I know of. The best ideas derive from this concept.
  • You like being in crowds? Not an INTP
  • You like team sports? Not an INTP
  • You like advice from people around you? Not an INTP
  • You like having a big circle of friends and family? Not an INTP
  • You like large family gatherings? Not an INTP
  • You follow popular trends? Not an INTP
  • You don't question what you hear and read? Not an INTP
  • Und so weite ...

We're so distrusting of people and conformity that we distrust even ourselves, and constantly check our thoughts for value and constancy.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
I don't see emotions as something that need to be controlled, they're just information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starjots
Because I think the Singularity is much more interesting than the Rapture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSurfer
I don't really care to act against my nature anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywocky
Discovery channel is like introductory porn for INTPs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Minsky
I probably wouldn't go skydiving anyhow because my time is too valuable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8151147
Coding is fun, how the hell you can live without it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E404
Sometimes the hardest part is knowing what I actually want and allowing myself to want it...
Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-December-2016, 07:00 PM   #19
Think it do it
SISU
 
Think it do it's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: I think they call it Earth
Posts: 25
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

yeah, never really like doing shit with others, but never really have done shit with other intp's...
Think it do it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th-December-2016, 09:24 PM   #20
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,120
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect View Post
The easiest giveaway is if you're not a, variously described, 'lone wolf', "listen to the beat of your own drummer", and so forth. INTP's are the most independent of the types and this is the one singular feature I know of. The best ideas derive from this concept.
  • You like being in crowds? Not an INTP
  • You like team sports? Not an INTP
  • You like advice from people around you? Not an INTP
  • You like having a big circle of friends and family? Not an INTP
  • You like large family gatherings? Not an INTP
  • You follow popular trends? Not an INTP
  • You don't question what you hear and read? Not an INTP
  • Und so weite ...

We're so distrusting of people and conformity that we distrust even ourselves, and constantly check our thoughts for value and constancy.
Only one I can say that makes me not INTP is "You like advice from people around you?" but this is really just dependent on other things - I don't always like advice and I am very particular about the advice I want to hear. That said, when I am looking for advice what I am really doing is seeing if people agree with my conclusion I have already predetermined before hand.. usually.
__________________
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-December-2016, 07:16 PM   #21
Columbo
Detecting...
 
Columbo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: earth
Posts: 26
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect View Post
The easiest giveaway is if you're not a, variously described, 'lone wolf', "listen to the beat of your own drummer", and so forth. INTP's are the most independent of the types and this is the one singular feature I know of. The best ideas derive from this concept.
  • You like being in crowds? Not an INTP
  • You like team sports? Not an INTP
  • You like advice from people around you? Not an INTP
  • You like having a big circle of friends and family? Not an INTP
  • You like large family gatherings? Not an INTP
  • You follow popular trends? Not an INTP
  • You don't question what you hear and read? Not an INTP
  • Und so weite ...

We're so distrusting of people and conformity that we distrust even ourselves, and constantly check our thoughts for value and constancy.
this is a great post.

i've realized through painful life experiences when making choices, the intp in me can get into serious trouble if i dont consult with others. so while i dont necessarily like it i've learned to seek out yhe advice of others when coming to an imoortant decision. i think the intp weakness comes into focus when i realize my internal thought systems might be entirely truthful and accurate witjin mysrlf, there may very well be an imoortant consideration which lies at a critical juncture/ position of horendous leveeage which might be a vulnerable achilles heal leading to disaster.

intjs are my fav for advice. i have an inner circle of 3 intj bros i tun all important decisions ny: e.g. jobs, marriage, retirement, major purchase. its great.

i do enjoy the occasional close family gathering when i can let my guard down. i almost resemble an extrovert on such occasions...everything on list spot on: i hate all team sporting leagues like nba nfl: when others talk about that stuff i have no idea why they are in love with it so deeply: i can think of 10reasons popular sport teams are inherently pointless
Attached Thumbnails
images-2.jpeg  
Columbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th-January-2017, 07:03 AM   #22
Niclmaki
Disturber of the Peace
 
Niclmaki's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 246
macossafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

I made a plan to build a computer then ACTUALLY carried it out (although it was literaly several years later).

Always being asked for relationship advice (why do people do this to me?[I have been single my entire life])
Niclmaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th-January-2017, 07:07 AM   #23
Niclmaki
Disturber of the Peace
 
Niclmaki's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 246
macossafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixus View Post
When you have a full range of human emotions.
Maybe some day I will recieve this upgrade.
Niclmaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th-January-2017, 08:14 AM   #24
ummidk
Member
 

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 354
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnevies View Post

When you have never thought about the infinite series of thinking about thinking about thinking about thinking about
Gold

although Im probably not intp
ummidk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-January-2017, 06:40 PM   #25
Nick85
Redshirt
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 28
macossafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnevies View Post
When you have never thought about the infinite series of thinking about thinking about thinking about thinking about...
I have thought about the series of I know that you know that I know that you know... but generally don't want to spend too much time on those lines of thought because it seems stupid/pointless.
Nick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-January-2017, 06:55 PM   #26
Nick85
Redshirt
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 28
macossafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Inspired by this thread, I find my thread much more interesting.

All Types WELCOMR (incruding INTP)!

I will go first:

You know you are not INTP when you can't identify yourself as any type. - Self explanatory.
I can identify with a lot of the INTP characteristics but I'm not convinced that's what I am. INTJ, INFP, maybe even ISTP, ENTJ and ISTJ seem possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
You know you are not INTP when you have relatively healthy thoughts. - Pmuch everyone on this forum has demonstrated that if they acted on their thoughts they would end up in a psych ward.
Not really. I will have thoughts of putting myself through difficult ordeals or out of my comfort zone to "feel alive" or like I've accomplished something. But that's more like going for a 100 mile bike ride or clearing the snow off my car in my pyjamas and bathrobe when it's -20C outside. I also wonder whether I would do the "right thing" in certain situations (ex Stanford prison experiment) but I've never wondered how others would react if I decided to hack someone to pieces. >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
You know you are not INTP when you make plans, because everyone knows that is more of an INTJ thing. - INTPs don't plan because planning is a drag.
I make plans but I'm not going at following through with them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
Lastly, you know you are not INTP when you generally consider yourself an optimist. - I'm not going to explain this one because there would be no point.
I'm not sure about this one. I'm often drawn to "doomer talk" about the economy, politics, the environment... but then still try to convince myself that somehow we'll figure out a way to deal with those issues even if though the future might have significant challenges in store for us.
Nick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-January-2017, 09:41 AM   #27
INTPiee
Redshirt
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 22
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect View Post
The easiest giveaway is if you're not a, variously described, 'lone wolf', "listen to the beat of your own drummer", and so forth. INTP's are the most independent of the types and this is the one singular feature I know of. The best ideas derive from this concept.
  • You like being in crowds? Not an INTP
  • You like team sports? Not an INTP
  • You like advice from people around you? Not an INTP
  • You like having a big circle of friends and family? Not an INTP
  • You like large family gatherings? Not an INTP
  • You follow popular trends? Not an INTP
  • You don't question what you hear and read? Not an INTP
  • Und so weite ...

We're so distrusting of people and conformity that we distrust even ourselves, and constantly check our thoughts for value and constancy.
Hmm, I like team sports and I like advice from the (trusted and knowledgeable) people around me. But then, I might be a very different INTP than most because in socionics I identify with IEE.
INTPiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-January-2017, 09:43 AM   #28
INTPiee
Redshirt
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 22
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niclmaki View Post
I made a plan to build a computer then ACTUALLY carried it out (although it was literaly several years later).

Always being asked for relationship advice (why do people do this to me?[I have been single my entire life])
I've noticed this pattern too, apparently I give great relationship advice. Probably fits in with the whole thing about INTPs having wisdom.
INTPiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-January-2017, 03:31 PM   #29
Nick85
Redshirt
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 28
macossafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTPiee View Post
Hmm, I like team sports and I like advice from the (trusted and knowledgeable) people around me. But then, I might be a very different INTP than most because in socionics I identify with IEE.
I like to play soccer and somewhat like to play basketball. But maybe there is something to the idea of INTPs not liking team sports that still applies to me since I mostly enjoy the 1 vs 1 aspects of those sports. In soccer my favourite position is defense, where it's mostly just about covering your guy and not letting him get past you and trying to prevent him from getting the ball/taking it away from him. And then if I do get the ball I just pass it to the midfields and forwards and let them do the rest. There's a bit of a chess game aspect to how you position yourself and then just being patient and waiting for the right opportunity to take the ball from someone or intercept a pass. I like to take shots and play goalie too but preferably when there's little pressure just at soccer practice or messing around with friends vs a "real game".
Nick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-January-2017, 02:10 AM   #30
Kanani
Redshirt
 

Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Northshore of Massachusetts, USA
Posts: 2
macossafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

You know you are not an intp when you think that grades show how smart you are.
When you think excessive intelligence is automatically useful.
When you can phrase your thoughts into understandable sentences.
When you think you are more important than everyone else, but you need other people to talk to.
When you clean things up or focus on physical appearance regularly, or therapeutically.
When you think the concepts of math are harder than the tedious arithmatic.
When you finish what you start because it is the only good idea you've had in a while.
When you stay in the moment often.
Kanani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-January-2017, 05:15 AM   #31
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,120
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick85 View Post
I can identify with a lot of the INTP characteristics but I'm not convinced that's what I am. INTJ, INFP, maybe even ISTP, ENTJ and ISTJ seem possible.


Not really. I will have thoughts of putting myself through difficult ordeals or out of my comfort zone to "feel alive" or like I've accomplished something. But that's more like going for a 100 mile bike ride or clearing the snow off my car in my pyjamas and bathrobe when it's -20C outside. I also wonder whether I would do the "right thing" in certain situations (ex Stanford prison experiment) but I've never wondered how others would react if I decided to hack someone to pieces. >_>

I make plans but I'm not going at following through with them.

I'm not sure about this one. I'm often drawn to "doomer talk" about the economy, politics, the environment... but then still try to convince myself that somehow we'll figure out a way to deal with those issues even if though the future might have significant challenges in store for us.
Hey, look. The new guy is busting my chops. I must be losing my touch.
__________________
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-January-2017, 05:17 AM   #32
QuickTwist
Man of few words
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 5,120
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
When you can phrase your thoughts into understandable sentences.
I loled.
__________________
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-January-2017, 08:42 AM   #33
Happy
ENTP
 
Happy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hell
Posts: 905
macossafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanani View Post
You know you are not an intp when you think that grades show how smart you are.
When you think excessive intelligence is automatically useful.
When you can phrase your thoughts into understandable sentences.
When you think you are more important than everyone else, but you need other people to talk to.
When you clean things up or focus on physical appearance regularly, or therapeutically.
When you think the concepts of math are harder than the tedious arithmatic.
When you finish what you start because it is the only good idea you've had in a while.
When you stay in the moment often.
I don't think I can agree with any of that.

On grades:
Plenty of INTPs prioritise grades. Grades are a (flawed) measure of intelligence, which INTPs value. I see no reason that INTPs alone would be immune to having their ego fed.

On excessive intelligence:
Read any thread on this forum about IQ. It's the INTP version of dick length. Actually, probably the NT version of dick length, but INTPs are certainly not exempt. I'm not sure why you think INTPs don't value high intelligence.

On forming sentences:
I don't see any reason to correlate the inability to communicate using cohesive sentences with the INTP type. Actually, I'd posit that it's probably rather offensive to a well-developed INTP.

On perceived importance and dependence:
Seems to be directed at someone who you perceive has wronged you. I won't bother to elaborate.

On cleanliness:
Not all INTPs favour filth. I'd say that those that don't at least aspire to a standard of cleanliness and order are in the minority. Further, it's also not a trait that ought to be worn as a badge of honour...

On math:
What exactly excludes 15 other types from a propensity for mathematical concepts?

On acting upon ideas:
Once again, this sounds to me like a personal gripe. INTPs are just as capable as everyone else of having only few good ideas upon which to act. INTPs aren't exactly the pinnacle of inspiration.

On staying in the moment/being present:
What makes consistently being 'in the moment' unreachable for INTPs? I may be wrong here, but I'm of the belief that this ability is a product of wisdom and certainly not one of type.



Something I just realised: To me, that post echoed an attitude of self-defeat. You gotta get some positivity in your life. Perhaps you will benefit from this forum and gain some perspective and wisdom.

Welcome to the forum I hope you stick around
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManBeyond View Post
bro if u don't risk at life u will become a boring piece of nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManBeyond View Post
u never know if u fuck a lot
without shield
like a true warrior
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-March-2017, 12:31 PM   #34
INTPWolf
Contemplating reality, one script at a time
 
INTPWolf's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 134
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
I don't think I can agree with any of that.

On grades:
Plenty of INTPs prioritise grades. Grades are a (flawed) measure of intelligence, which INTPs value. I see no reason that INTPs alone would be immune to having their ego fed.

On excessive intelligence:
Read any thread on this forum about IQ. It's the INTP version of dick length. Actually, probably the NT version of dick length, but INTPs are certainly not exempt. I'm not sure why you think INTPs don't value high intelligence.

On forming sentences:
I don't see any reason to correlate the inability to communicate using cohesive sentences with the INTP type. Actually, I'd posit that it's probably rather offensive to a well-developed INTP.

On perceived importance and dependence:
Seems to be directed at someone who you perceive has wronged you. I won't bother to elaborate.

On cleanliness:
Not all INTPs favour filth. I'd say that those that don't at least aspire to a standard of cleanliness and order are in the minority. Further, it's also not a trait that ought to be worn as a badge of honour...

On math:
What exactly excludes 15 other types from a propensity for mathematical concepts?

On acting upon ideas:
Once again, this sounds to me like a personal gripe. INTPs are just as capable as everyone else of having only few good ideas upon which to act. INTPs aren't exactly the pinnacle of inspiration.

On staying in the moment/being present:
What makes consistently being 'in the moment' unreachable for INTPs? I may be wrong here, but I'm of the belief that this ability is a product of wisdom and certainly not one of type.



Something I just realised: To me, that post echoed an attitude of self-defeat. You gotta get some positivity in your life. Perhaps you will benefit from this forum and gain some perspective and wisdom.

Welcome to the forum I hope you stick around
So much of what you have counter argued here only solidifies many ( not all ) of kanani's bullet points.

On grades:
My friend and i ( both intp ) never gave much thought to grades, we where busy dreaming up new things to make in the tech lab. Grades are a vanity tool more often than not, and to get good ones you have to jump through sub par hoops just to prove your willingness to do so more than prove your mental ability to do so. I was that kid who never did homework, never came to class ( but was still at school ) unless there was a test, and ( nearly ) never got less than a B on those tests. My friend dropped out and became a CAD architect.

On excessive intelligence:
You misunderstood kanani's point by a mile and a half. He means If you think that being smart somehow makes you more functionally useful. But nearly all intps will tell you, its just as much a curse than it is a boon. Thinking takes energy, a lot of it.
Its like your thoughts are a diver in an endless sea, where your iq is how fast you can swim. Out in the water you come across many truths and mistruths that you have to ether hold on to or untangle yourself from, all the while fighting off sea monsters of unhealthy and damaging thought. Its exhausting to venture as far from the shore as we do.

On forming sentences:
Intp's seem to have a good grasp of how language should be structured. Not because it is logical or anything, just that it sounds better in our heads.
An intp is almost always staging internal debates, advocating the different sides of an argument within our heads until we are sure we wont make a fool out of ourselves by voicing a subjectively true, objectively false statement. So when a sentence does not flow in our heads or articulate our meaning we rework and restructure the text until it does. We dont always have the time to think out our words while speaking, however, so speaking an idea can be cumbersome and even stuttered.

On perceived importance and dependence:
Of those I've spoken to, common theme of most intps is that they know that they don't know. And it is infuriating to see some brazen fool speak as if they know everything while spouting half baked thoughts. But unlike entps, we don't oft feel compelled to enter in debate over the correctness of that person, nor do we slowly go crazy when we haven't debated self rightness with another human being for a few days.

On cleanliness:
I admit, im not one for daily showers or spending longer than 30 seconds viewing myself in the mirror as i wash my hands. It just goes back to that vanity thing, it feels pointless and shallow to spend so much time appealing to other human beings senses when you don't really care for the brain that interprets them.

On math:
This i agree with you on this. While math has always been my thing, i dont see why any other type cant do it as efficiently as any intp.
But a counter argument is that the Intp group has the highest Gifted Intellect ratio of any of the mbti typology.

On ideas:
If only i could subject you in the torrent of ideas that blow through my mind every day. Finishing a project means to constantly bat away better ideas and settle with just finishing something in a reasonable time-frame. Take too long trying to make it perfect, and your mind gets bored of the concept and wanders away, trying to apply everything you just learned to something bigger, more useful, more automatic, more complex and more perfect.

On staying in the moment:
Many intps i know (and myself) are the definition of walking ADD( see above) , this persists.

Welcome to the forums kanani, hope my dissection of these points ring accurate.
( I dont mean to sound so mater-of-fact, its just a lot simpler to put an idea in repose when stated as such )
__________________
Matter does not have a universally agreed upon definition.
INTPWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-March-2017, 01:25 PM   #35
Happy
ENTP
 
Happy's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hell
Posts: 905
macossafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by INTPWolf View Post
So much of what you have counter argued here only solidifies many ( not all ) of kanani's bullet points.

On grades:
My friend and i ( both intp ) never gave much thought to grades, we where busy dreaming up new things to make in the tech lab. Grades are a vanity tool more often than not, and to get good ones you have to jump through sub par hoops just to prove your willingness to do so more than prove your mental ability to do so. I was that kid who never did homework, never came to class ( but was still at school ) unless there was a test, and ( nearly ) never got less than a B on those tests. My friend dropped out and became a CAD architect.

On excessive intelligence:
You misunderstood kanani's point by a mile and a half. He means If you think that being smart somehow makes you more functionally useful. But nearly all intps will tell you, its just as much a curse than it is a boon. Thinking takes energy, a lot of it.
Its like your thoughts are a diver in an endless sea, where your iq is how fast you can swim. Out in the water you come across many truths and mistruths that you have to ether hold on to or untangle yourself from, all the while fighting off sea monsters of unhealthy and damaging thought. Its exhausting to venture as far from the shore as we do.

On forming sentences:
Intp's seem to have a good grasp of how language should be structured. Not because it is logical or anything, just that it sounds better in our heads.
An intp is almost always staging internal debates, advocating the different sides of an argument within our heads until we are sure we wont make a fool out of ourselves by voicing a subjectively true, objectively false statement. So when a sentence does not flow in our heads or articulate our meaning we rework and restructure the text until it does. We dont always have the time to think out our words while speaking, however, so speaking an idea can be cumbersome and even stuttered.

On perceived importance and dependence:
Of those I've spoken to, common theme of most intps is that they know that they don't know. And it is infuriating to see some brazen fool speak as if they know everything while spouting half baked thoughts. But unlike entps, we don't oft feel compelled to enter in debate over the correctness of that person, nor do we slowly go crazy when we haven't debated self rightness with another human being for a few days.

On cleanliness:
I admit, im not one for daily showers or spending longer than 30 seconds viewing myself in the mirror as i wash my hands. It just goes back to that vanity thing, it feels pointless and shallow to spend so much time appealing to other human beings senses when you don't really care for the brain that interprets them.

On math:
This i agree with you on this. While math has always been my thing, i dont see why any other type cant do it as efficiently as any intp.
But a counter argument is that the Intp group has the highest Gifted Intellect ratio of any of the mbti typology.

On ideas:
If only i could subject you in the torrent of ideas that blow through my mind every day. Finishing a project means to constantly bat away better ideas and settle with just finishing something in a reasonable time-frame. Take too long trying to make it perfect, and your mind gets bored of the concept and wanders away, trying to apply everything you just learned to something bigger, more useful, more automatic, more complex and more perfect.

On staying in the moment:
Many intps i know (and myself) are the definition of walking ADD( see above) , this persists.

Welcome to the forums kanani, hope my dissection of these points ring accurate.
( I dont mean to sound so mater-of-fact, its just a lot simpler to put an idea in repose when stated as such )
Firstly, regarding (and. It directly relating to) your comment on grades, what do you think is the difference between an Architect and a CAD Architect? I'm not asking so I can tell you why you're wrong or anything, im interested to see why you felt the need to add the acronym 'CAD'. (Preamble: I'm a design architect, and I use CAD/BIM every day, but it's just a tool, it certainly doesn't define what I do - I also draw by hand every day)

Second, regarding your comment on ideas: lol ENTP here - don't even get me started on torrents of ideas.

Third, the intent of my previous post wasn't to disagree with the points, but disagree that those points are exclusive to, or prerequisite to INTPs. Also I just felt like disagreeing and ranting nonetheless, I appreciated your rebuttal. Although no, my post does not solidify Kanani's points as you stated. [There's that impulse to disagree again...]
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManBeyond View Post
bro if u don't risk at life u will become a boring piece of nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManBeyond View Post
u never know if u fuck a lot
without shield
like a true warrior
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-March-2017, 01:32 PM   #36
redbaron
fuck
 
redbaron's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: 38S 145E
Posts: 5,868
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

When your social capabilities extend beyond taking threads like this seriously.
__________________
They call me the man who isn't could not try to would it. But I would it.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th-March-2017, 01:35 PM   #37
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid
 
TheManBeyond's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Overweighted America
Posts: 2,255
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

There is a thread in this forum, i cannot remember atm the name, which if you cannot read without lmao then u are not an intp. Need to find it tho. Damn. It is originally postef by a guy with a transparent creature and a light inside its head. Its so fun. Ill post the link later
__________________
tons of personalities out there
but just a few people
TheManBeyond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-April-2017, 02:34 PM   #38
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid
 
TheManBeyond's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: The Overweighted America
Posts: 2,255
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

here's the link!

omg it's so damn funny

http://intpforum.com/showthread.php?t=21130
__________________
tons of personalities out there
but just a few people
TheManBeyond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-April-2017, 12:48 PM   #39
AndyC
Nietzsche is Dead
 
AndyC's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Nothingness
Posts: 223
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

You know your not an intp when you could read through that whole post whilst also misunderstanding it.
You know your not an intp when half of the nuance in what you say is missed by the other party of the conversation

And you're is simply a habit
__________________
AndyC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-April-2017, 01:43 PM   #40
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 999
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

You Get. Shit Done.
I mean, when there's a task that needs doing you enter the scene, that shit is done. No dallying around, no compromise. That shit is done quickly and efficiently.
If this is true - you're probably not INTP.
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-April-2017, 07:45 PM   #41
Animekitty
A royal color
 
Animekitty's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Your Heart
Posts: 3,732
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
You know you're NOT INTP when?
When Auburn analyses you cognitive type.
Animekitty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th-April-2017, 08:54 PM   #42
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.
 
Rixus's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: United Kingdon
Posts: 999
linuxsafari
Default Re: You know you're NOT INTP when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animekitty View Post
When Auburn analyses you cognitive type.
She analysed what sort of car I am. Does that count?
Have I been wrong about my INTPness all along?
__________________
Post a post post posting of this post.
Rixus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:42 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
no new posts