INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > Psychology & Neuroscience

Old 6th-November-2016, 10:01 AM   #1
Manipulator
braineater - highly intuitive INTP

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default nootropics

I have bought adrafinil, NALT, DMAE and choline.
As you may know these are soft nootropics, but I can't buy anything else legally in Poland.

Do you have any experiences with theese?
What nootropics have you used and which do you recommend?

I will write my experiences in some time.
Manipulator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-November-2016, 10:33 AM   #2
Minuend
Resident Member

windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: nootropics

I used DMAE. It tended to decrease my brainfog slightly, but that's all I noticed

Used aniracetam for a while, which made my thoughts feel more collected, and it felt like I could reach fore more thoughts. But after a while it gave me a slight buzzing sensation in the middle of my head, so I figured it might not be safe and stopped. Really nice feel of togetherness in brain tho. I wish I always felt like that
I’ll make my report as if I told a story, for I was taught as a child on my homeworld that Truth is a matter of the imagination. The soundest fact may fail or prevail in the style of its telling: like that singular organic jewel of our seas, which grows brighter as one woman wears it and, worn by another, dulls and goes to dust.
Minuend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-November-2016, 10:24 PM   #3
Reluctantly
Baℕℕed

windows_98_nt_2000safari

This reminds me. I've been wanting to try Mebicar for anxiety. There's just no information about it anywhere and it's kind of expensive. Says it's non-habit forming though. Guess I'll just try it.
Reluctantly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th-November-2016, 02:58 PM   #4
Mirrorr
Redshirt

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I have tried alpha gpc choline, didn't notice anyhing spectacular. Maybe being able to sustain attention for a longer period than before.
Mirrorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th-November-2016, 05:54 PM   #5
baccheion

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I recommend genetic testing (23andme, then upload the raw data to a site like SelfDecode), as it will likely make obvious some supplements you should consider (or avoid).

These are my top 10 nootropics: https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/..._user/d6sxr02/

I have a few stacks posted here: http://trackmystack.com/users/baccheion

I also have a thread on this site about this same topic.
baccheion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-November-2016, 08:23 PM   #6
Reluctantly
Baℕℕed

linuxsafari

I tried mebicar. Seemed to make me calmer, but that could be placebo. Aniracetam seemed to have a similar effect to taking ginseng, but it made me tired halfway through the day. Alpha-gpc made me really horny, but I don't think that's what it was for...
Reluctantly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th-December-2016, 10:15 PM   #7
Creeping Death
I rustle jimmies

linuxsafari

I've used piracetam and aniracetam before, both in conjunction with either alpha gpc or choline bitartrate. Alpha gpc was always touted as the best choline source but I didn't notice a difference so I stuck with the more affordable bitartrate.

I first tried piracetam 2g a day, split into two 1g doses. My second go with it I was taking 4g a day. I did seem to be a bit more active but the most noticeable effect was on my sense of hearing.

Aniracetam didn't seem to do much for me but then again I didn't take it as consistently as piracetam. Even though it requires a lower dose than piracetam, gram for gram it's more expensive with just about every seller I've seen.

I don't currently take them, I'm on an ssri and I don't know if they'd have adverse effects on each other.

Adrafinil was more bang for my buck than the two above. Only problems were headaches later in the day and it's probably hepatoxic. I was advised against long term daily use and alcohol consumption with adrafinil.
Old 10th-December-2016, 02:14 AM   #8
baccheion

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
I've used piracetam and aniracetam before, both in conjunction with either alpha gpc or choline bitartrate. Alpha gpc was always touted as the best choline source but I didn't notice a difference so I stuck with the more affordable bitartrate.

I first tried piracetam 2g a day, split into two 1g doses. My second go with it I was taking 4g a day. I did seem to be a bit more active but the most noticeable effect was on my sense of hearing.

Aniracetam didn't seem to do much for me but then again I didn't take it as consistently as piracetam. Even though it requires a lower dose than piracetam, gram for gram it's more expensive with just about every seller I've seen.

I don't currently take them, I'm on an ssri and I don't know if they'd have adverse effects on each other.

Adrafinil was more bang for my buck than the two above. Only problems were headaches later in the day and it's probably hepatoxic. I was advised against long term daily use and alcohol consumption with adrafinil.
You should look into N-Acetyl Semax Amidate. It's much better than piracetam, etc. There's also PhenylPiracetam Hydrazide (more stimulating).
baccheion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th-December-2016, 10:02 AM   #9
Socra Maat

windows_98_nt_2000safari

I've tried many, in various manners, but here's a simple story.

Took 400mg Piracetam, low dose of Inositol hexanicotinate(aka flush free niacin), and a 4oz sip of good coffee.
Hit the spot! Strangely unexpected, but my First-Person shooter skills shot off the charts. I was suddenly moving fluidly and purposely, stalking the map. I was thinking like a bonafide predator.
I was typically a middling player, with an occasional lucky top 3, but now I was atleast top 2 every time.

Everytime I tried that combo, the sudden ease of game-play was always significant. I just "knew" what to do tactically, it was second nature. Blew my mind.
Would love to try that combo with LoL. I used Relentless Improvement piracetam btw.

One day...
Socra Maat is offline   Reply With Quote