INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > The Arts and Entertainment > Gaming

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 5th-November-2016, 05:41 AM   #1
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Skyrim SE release.

I would like this to be a discussion topic for the new Skyrim SE release, including mod discussion.

IDK if many people here played the original, but if you haven't I suggest you buy this new addition if you like RPG type games.

Mods are a huge thing in Skyrim and it should go without saying that they are almost a necessity for this game. You can change so much with this game just introducing a few mods.

Here's what we know so far:

Skyrim SE is on a new 64bit engine. This means we are no longer limited to only using 4 GB of Ram for the game.
There is a graphics and resolution overhaul to the new game including godrays.
The game comes with all DLC included.
The game is $40.00 on steam right now. If you have the original Skyrim with all DLC for PC, you get it for free.

Mods:

SKSE and Sky UI are not out for the game yet, but they are coming. Still, I just checked and there are 1,482 Mods made for this game so far and it is less than a week into the release.

Some mods I highly recommend using and mods I think are basically essential are:

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
Cutting Room Floor
Even Better Quest Objectives - EBQO
Static Mesh Improvement Mod - SMIM
Achievement Mods Enabler
Map Markers Complete
Point The Way

Other mods I suggest:

Alternate Start - Live another life
The Paarthurnax Dilemma
Campfire - Complete Camping System
Frostfall - Hypothermia Camping Survival
Stones of Barenziah Quest Markers
Enhanced Blood Textures SE
Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul
Run For Your Lives
When Vampires Attack
Rebalanced Leveled Lists
True Storms Special Edition - Thunder Rain and Weather Redone
Move it Dammit - for Skyrim Special Edition
Rich Merchants

Mods I look forward to once they are released:

SKSE
Sky UI
Skyrim Redone
Skyrim Community Uncapper
Immersive armors
Immersive weapons
A Quality World Map and Solstheim Map - With Roads
Weapons and Armor Fixes Remade
Better Sorting
Categorized Favorites Menu
New Alchemy and Enchanting Effects
Spells Will Give Off Light

I will attempt to bring some news for when there are updates to some things regarding this game and some of the mods I have mentioned.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 06:01 AM   #2
Cheeseumpuffs
Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
 
Cheeseumpuffs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth Dimension C-137
Posts: 2,164
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
If you have the original Skyrim with all DLC for PC, you get it for free.
: o

Awesome. Once I get a computer that can handle graphics then I'm totally on board for this.


I did a bit of modding on Skyrim back when I had a computer that could handle video games but I actually did a lot more modding with Oblivion. I don't remember all the mods I used, though. For the most part I think I just scrolled through tesnexus and installed anything that seemed interesting until I got bored of it then uninstalled it. Although, as a pubescent teenager, a lot of mods that "seemed interesting" at the time were various ones that showed boobs.
__________________
fucking illuminati
Cheeseumpuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 06:14 AM   #3
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseumpuffs View Post
: o

Awesome. Once I get a computer that can handle graphics then I'm totally on board for this.


I did a bit of modding on Skyrim back when I had a computer that could handle video games but I actually did a lot more modding with Oblivion. I don't remember all the mods I used, though. For the most part I think I just scrolled through tesnexus and installed anything that seemed interesting until I got bored of it then uninstalled it. Although, as a pubescent teenager, a lot of mods that "seemed interesting" at the time were various ones that showed boobs.
If you've forgotten how to mod games, then Gopher on youtube is the channel for you. Its really quite cool. Being around for the beginning of a release of a game and involved with the modding community means you get to see first hand how things develop. Installing some mods for games can get quite complex.

And LOL at your modding preferences when you were young, why am I not surprised.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 10:15 AM   #4
Cognisant
Condescending Bastard
 
Cognisant's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,950
linuxsafari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Is there a GUI for the mods or do we still need to put the files in the right directories ourselves? It's asking a lot of me to re-purchase, re-install and re-mod a game just so I can replay the quests I've already played.
__________________
Deadlier, Sillier and more Perverted.
Cognisant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 02:10 PM   #5
Blarraun
straightedgy
 
Blarraun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: someplace windswept
Posts: 4,089
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

It's not such a big deal, unless you were a modder who desperately needed the 64bit memory access. There may be a few bigger graphics mods or higher content locations because there's more memory and the game will be more stable.
__________________
Spoiler:
~life is the exercise of will
Many valued logic
mail preferred

Blarraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 03:46 PM   #6
Architect
Professional INTP
 
Architect's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,609
macossafari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Thanks for the tip. I bought in 2014 but didn't spend much time on it. I built, well basically about the best gaming computer you could (11 tflops GPU) because I'm a sucker for graphics, but skyrim was too outdated so I didn't get pulled in. Added that the game milieu has a depressive theme which kind of turned me off.

Anyhow I'll load it up this morning and give it a go.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
I don't see emotions as something that need to be controlled, they're just information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starjots
Because I think the Singularity is much more interesting than the Rapture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSurfer
I don't really care to act against my nature anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywocky
Discovery channel is like introductory porn for INTPs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Minsky
I probably wouldn't go skydiving anyhow because my time is too valuable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8151147
Coding is fun, how the hell you can live without it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E404
Sometimes the hardest part is knowing what I actually want and allowing myself to want it...
Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 04:52 PM   #7
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognisant View Post
Is there a GUI for the mods or do we still need to put the files in the right directories ourselves? It's asking a lot of me to re-purchase, re-install and re-mod a game just so I can replay the quests I've already played.
Yes, Nexus.com is the place to be. Besides that, there is an ingame option to install mods as well, but it is rather simple and comes with some complications such as knowing what load order to use, not being able to install SKSE from there (it is a different site you download it from) and generally just not as much you can do with modding from the game linked to bethesda.com that you can do with a Nexus or other mods sites and a mod manager and other tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarraun View Post
It's not such a big deal, unless you were a modder who desperately needed the 64bit memory access. There may be a few bigger graphics mods or higher content locations because there's more memory and the game will be more stable.
Heavily, and I mean heavily modded Skyrim (the original) can actually look better than the SE version. Thing is though is that you are starting at a much higher level so the ceiling is much much higher. Also, you CAN port your saves, so you don't have to start from the beginning. That said, if you want to wait a few months before playing it so that some of the mods are out that you originally had (no guarantee of that) that would be fine, the modding community isn't going anywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect View Post
Thanks for the tip. I bought in 2014 but didn't spend much time on it. I built, well basically about the best gaming computer you could (11 tflops GPU) because I'm a sucker for graphics, but skyrim was too outdated so I didn't get pulled in. Added that the game milieu has a depressive theme which kind of turned me off.

Anyhow I'll load it up this morning and give it a go.
Just fair warning, its not like Skyrim SE is all the sudden like a Crysis game. But like I said, there WILL be many mods to boost the eye candy of this game. I would also recommend ENBoost if you really like to tweak things like lighting and other visual goodness. Guy to watch about that is Tapioks on youtube. I highly suggest you watch all his videos on ENB before you start to install and tinker with things though.

Also Architect, if you find the whole business lacking, you can always try your hand at making your own mods for the game. Should be trivial for someone with your background.

All in all, Skyrim SE is going to be a tweakers paradise. With so many options available for changing things, the possibilities are nearly endless.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 05:28 PM   #8
Architect
Professional INTP
 
Architect's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,609
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Yeah I read a review after that which pointed out that the eye candy isn't anything spectacular compared to the previous edition with mods. On doing my own mod I'm reserving any energy there for Civilization, which is my all-time favorite games. Well I'll give it a shot any case.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
I don't see emotions as something that need to be controlled, they're just information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starjots
Because I think the Singularity is much more interesting than the Rapture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSurfer
I don't really care to act against my nature anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywocky
Discovery channel is like introductory porn for INTPs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Minsky
I probably wouldn't go skydiving anyhow because my time is too valuable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8151147
Coding is fun, how the hell you can live without it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E404
Sometimes the hardest part is knowing what I actually want and allowing myself to want it...
Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 06:08 PM   #9
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect View Post
Yeah I read a review after that which pointed out that the eye candy isn't anything spectacular compared to the previous edition with mods. On doing my own mod I'm reserving any energy there for Civilization, which is my all-time favorite games. Well I'll give it a shot any case.
did you mod Skyrim the first time around?
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 06:35 PM   #10
Architect
Professional INTP
 
Architect's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,609
macossafari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

No gave up on it before doing any of that, so yeah the SE could be fun. We'll see, my limited game queue is Civ VI, Beyond Earth RT and Divinity Original Sin. Not much time or interest in anything else but I will see what it looks like now, and add in some of the mods you mention.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
I don't see emotions as something that need to be controlled, they're just information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starjots
Because I think the Singularity is much more interesting than the Rapture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSurfer
I don't really care to act against my nature anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywocky
Discovery channel is like introductory porn for INTPs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Minsky
I probably wouldn't go skydiving anyhow because my time is too valuable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8151147
Coding is fun, how the hell you can live without it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E404
Sometimes the hardest part is knowing what I actually want and allowing myself to want it...
Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 07:09 PM   #11
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect View Post
No gave up on it before doing any of that, so yeah the SE could be fun. We'll see, my limited game queue is Civ VI, Beyond Earth RT and Divinity Original Sin. Not much time or interest in anything else but I will see what it looks like now, and add in some of the mods you mention.
IIRC those are all turn based games. Skyrim is more of an action RPG. Might want to give XCOM 2 a shot. The roleplay isn't really in XCOM like it is with Elder Scrolls, but its a tactical turn based game. It actually functions a bit like a Tabletop game. The lore in Elder Scrolls games is pretty good though (and pretty messed up in some parts too). If you don't mind an action RPG that isn't turn based, I'd try to play it a bit and see if you like it. I still haven't seen a VATS mod for Skyrim, however. Vats is used in the Fallout series, another game made by bethesda. You enter vats by pressing a button and then can switch between targets giving you a percentage to hit your target. Time is slowed down considerable during this time so you have time to plan out what you want to do. Fallout is a post apocalyptic game that takes place after a nuclear warfare war that brings civilization down a few notches.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 07:33 PM   #12
Architect
Professional INTP
 
Architect's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,609
macossafari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Yes I prefer turn based and RPG the most. The first two are 4X turn based, the last is RPG with turn based combat. Probably because they are the most sit back and analyze types of games available. With Civ you also get a building aspect which I enjoy, and for me it's kind of an RPG. I really get into whatever Civ I'm playing, and try to pick up a few books to research the actual civilization, just for fun.

Action RPG isn't really my thing, probably why I didn't take much to Skyrim. Shadow of Mordor for example is too intense for me. I like to think and analyze, 'getting in the moment' isn't how I relax (OK, it's not how I am when active either). My son plays XCOM 2 but that's definitely not my thing.

LOTRO was an exception, it would probably be considered an action RPG (MMORPG). I loved it, just because of the size and complexity, and because of my long history with LOTR. I had to give up on it though because of long standing performance issues (hitching) that makes it hard to play, and because they nerfed the classes in an effort to bring more players in. Lore Master used to be really challanging and so fun, now it's too easy, as all the classes are.
__________________
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skip
I don't see emotions as something that need to be controlled, they're just information.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starjots
Because I think the Singularity is much more interesting than the Rapture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSurfer
I don't really care to act against my nature anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywocky
Discovery channel is like introductory porn for INTPs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin Minsky
I probably wouldn't go skydiving anyhow because my time is too valuable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8151147
Coding is fun, how the hell you can live without it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by E404
Sometimes the hardest part is knowing what I actually want and allowing myself to want it...
Architect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 07:48 PM   #13
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architect View Post
Yes I prefer turn based and RPG the most. The first two are 4X turn based, the last is RPG with turn based combat. Probably because they are the most sit back and analyze types of games available. With Civ you also get a building aspect which I enjoy, and for me it's kind of an RPG. I really get into whatever Civ I'm playing, and try to pick up a few books to research the actual civilization, just for fun.

Action RPG isn't really my thing, probably why I didn't take much to Skyrim. Shadow of Mordor for example is too intense for me. I like to think and analyze, 'getting in the moment' isn't how I relax (OK, it's not how I am when active either). My son plays XCOM 2 but that's definitely not my thing.

LOTRO was an exception, it would probably be considered an action RPG (MMORPG). I loved it, just because of the size and complexity, and because of my long history with LOTR. I had to give up on it though because of long standing performance issues (hitching) that makes it hard to play, and because they nerfed the classes in an effort to bring more players in. Lore Master used to be really challanging and so fun, now it's too easy, as all the classes are.
Hmm.. I might suggest Dragon Age games then. You can play them a little like an action RPG, but its more like WOW than really action RPG. You can also choose to take as much time as you want. There is a pause a play mechanic to the game, so you can pause the game and survey the field and then issue commands. Rinse and repeat. There is a lot of RP value in Dragon Age games as well - better than bethesda games at least. Mass Effect Andromeda is going to be released in March made by the same developer, but that's prolly going to be way more action oriented than what you would like since its basically a 3 person shooter. Divinity seems right up your alley though. They have a second game for it as well - Divinity: Original Sin 2. there's plenty more crowdfunded games that you could look into as well.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 08:57 PM   #14
Blarraun
straightedgy
 
Blarraun's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: someplace windswept
Posts: 4,089
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

XCOM is a way better game than XCOM 2 if you're about to start with the tactical-rpg genre.

XCOM 2 is a much simplified, bare-bones version of xcom with a time pressure that destroys any kind of tactical diversity.

XCOM long war mod is one of the best t-rpg experiences to date.

I'm the authority on the topic as I'm fairly certain I've played every english t-rpg in existence (and some japanese/russian) and I've definitely played all X-COM: UFO Defense clones there are.
__________________
Spoiler:
~life is the exercise of will
Many valued logic
mail preferred

Blarraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th-November-2016, 09:05 PM   #15
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarraun View Post
XCOM is a way better game than XCOM 2 if you're about to start with the tactical-rpg genre.

XCOM long war mod is one of the best t-rpg experiences to date.
why do you say that?
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th-November-2016, 04:21 AM   #16
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Loot by wrinklyninja has just been released for SSE. What loot does is reads the mods that you have and automatically puts them in the right order so that your game doesn't crash upon startup or otherwise. Really really useful tool. Still, you should know how to put your mods in order yourself, but loot is a huge time saver for people who use a lot of mods. Its up on the Nexus Here or you can get it from github here.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th-November-2016, 07:05 AM   #17
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

How to make mods yourself?

there are a few ways to do this, I will cover 2 of them.

One way is by SSEEdit and the other is the Creation Kit.

Here is a tutorial for SSEEdit:


Here is a tutorial for Creation Kit:

__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th-November-2016, 08:08 AM   #18
Cheeseumpuffs
Proudly A Sheeple Since 2015
 
Cheeseumpuffs's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Earth Dimension C-137
Posts: 2,164
windows_98_nt_2000firefox
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

I messed around with the creation kit on Oblivion for a bit. I never made any real mods, though, and mostly just fucked around with the interior of the inn just outside of Imperial City. It seemed easy enough to use, though.
__________________
fucking illuminati
Cheeseumpuffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th-November-2016, 10:01 AM   #19
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeseumpuffs View Post
I messed around with the creation kit on Oblivion for a bit. I never made any real mods, though, and mostly just fucked around with the interior of the inn just outside of Imperial City. It seemed easy enough to use, though.
I'm actually working on making my own mod. A tent seller and some other things. Was thinking of being able to make him a follower if you are able to finish a quest. Its more ambitious than I really realized at first considering I have never made a mod before and the creation kit is a huge mystery for me. My mod requires Campfires.esm to work right though and luckily the mod author allows users to make mods that rely on his mod which I don't think is the norm.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th-November-2016, 10:50 PM   #20
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Immersive Armors is now live. This is a great mod that adds hundreds of lore friendly armor to the game. There are +/- 400 shields added alone. A must have for some.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-November-2016, 01:42 PM   #21
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

I've been experimenting playing Skyrim Se on the PC with a PS3 controller. Most things work, but there are a few glitches. I made one fix seen here. Still a problem I came across though. I can't make enchantments. There is literally no button to press.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-November-2016, 03:23 PM   #22
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

If you like tweaking things, this may be of interest.

__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th-November-2016, 03:40 AM   #23
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

For those who really want to get into tweaking their visuals in the game there is ENB, which has released a while ago. If playing around with it yourself is not your cup of tea, you can always play with presets that other people have made on the nexus.

Download site for ENB

Some ENB presets
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-January-2017, 03:19 AM   #24
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

release of SKSE64 expected by mid March
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd-January-2017, 02:41 PM   #25
Rualani
You Silly Willy
 
Rualani's Avatar
 

Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Somewhere in Indiana
Posts: 142
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

I had a game going with Frostfall, Campfire, Immersive Wenches, Wildcat Combat, and book covers.

Apparently, they allow for modding through a bethesda portal which requires no third party apps to manage. Kind of nice, but it's not fully updated. I had to go to nexus to get Campfire, for example.

I remember the S.T.E.P project my first round of modding, but I kept modding until I got sick of the game so I don't think I've ever broke level 20 xD.
__________________
Loneliness does not come from having no people about one, but from being unable to communicate the things that seem important to oneself, or from holding certain views which others find inadmissible. -Carl Jung
Rualani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd-January-2017, 06:12 AM   #26
QuickTwist
INTPf's very own Southern Baptist
 
QuickTwist's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The keen war front.
Posts: 4,842
windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Skyrim SE release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rualani View Post
I had a game going with Frostfall, Campfire, Immersive Wenches, Wildcat Combat, and book covers.

Apparently, they allow for modding through a bethesda portal which requires no third party apps to manage. Kind of nice, but it's not fully updated. I had to go to nexus to get Campfire, for example.

I remember the S.T.E.P project my first round of modding, but I kept modding until I got sick of the game so I don't think I've ever broke level 20 xD.
Certainly Nexus is not the only place for Mods, yes.

S.T.E.P. is legit. I might want to go that way sometime.
__________________

Fucking right.
QuickTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:51 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template-Modifications by TMS
no new posts