Go Back   INTP Forum > Quality Control > Crime & Punishment

Old Today, 12:31 AM   #51
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: Banned for Science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanevery View Post
I guess if you don't believe there's any such thing as an internet forum turning into a cesspool of hostility, you'd be perfectly happy on 4chan and similar venues. Other communities do have standards of behavior.
a girl talking about aliens, 911 or posting pics licking chocolate penises shouldn't be that bad, u do sound like an Fe dom
Old Today, 01:08 AM   #52
bvanevery
Redshirt who doesn't die

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManBeyond View Post
a girl talking about aliens, 911 or posting pics licking chocolate penises shouldn't be that bad,
That to my understanding was not why she ultimately got banned. Rather, she had a pattern of hostility towards certain posters. This had something to do with the mountains of conspiracy theory stuff she regularly spewed. I do think some kind of "INTP vs. non-INTP" type conflicts were part of this, but I forget the details. Anyways she wasn't exactly a straightforward slam dunk as to why she should be banned, at least not when I left. Hence why an experiment was done about her.

Quote:
u do sound like an Fe dom
I'm not though. You sound like "middle finger to everything" is a cool way to exist and it doesn't matter to you. Going "ten rounds" with people about basic standards of behavior, is part of why I quit the forum several months ago. And why I won't be doing much now either, just tying some things up for old time's sake. When people like yourself want to rule the roost, i.e. "no standards", you tend to succeed. If you insist that the internet is supposed to be all about mud wrestling with pigs, there's very little someone like myself can do to stop you.
bvanevery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:22 AM   #53
TheManBeyond
Indigo Kid

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvanevery View Post
That to my understanding was not why she ultimately got banned. Rather, she had a pattern of hostility towards certain posters. This had something to do with the mountains of conspiracy theory stuff she regularly spewed. I do think some kind of "INTP vs. non-INTP" type conflicts were part of this, but I forget the details. Anyways she wasn't exactly a straightforward slam dunk as to why she should be banned, at least not when I left. Hence why an experiment was done about her.

I'm not though. You sound like "middle finger to everything" is a cool way to exist and it doesn't matter to you. Going "ten rounds" with people about basic standards of behavior, is part of why I quit the forum several months ago. And why I won't be doing much now either, just tying some things up for old time's sake. When people like yourself want to rule the roost, i.e. "no standards", you tend to succeed. If you insist that the internet is supposed to be all about mud wrestling with pigs, there's very little someone like myself can do to stop you.
her way of replying was insulting and that's so easy to handle, and it's fine that people get angry sometimes, there's no need to ban anyone
i don't think munky did anything wrong, he just kept defending his view, doesn't matter if we think it was repetitive and unconsistent and doesn't matter if we agree on it or not
i mean, they didn't go to your facebook and wrote stuff to your friends or your wall, they didn't show up in your home with a bucket of flowers in their left hand and a gun in their right, they did not cross the forum border
and if are you able to picture their voices screaming at you or whispering at your ear when you go to bed as you read their posts, if you do then you should live more outside. it will make apathethic
i remember zappa said in one interview about freedom of speech in music: musicians should be seen as actors, no one says anything when marlon acts like a physcopath cuz everyone knows he's acting, well i believe we all have got a little artist deep inside us
and that's all the forum lose, instead of wining, a piece of violence, a piece of art.