INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > The Lounge > The Lounge Archive

Old 6th-August-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
Sapphire Harp

Question Other Forums Out There

I just remembered about this thread that was toasted in the last crash...

Once again, for the record: What are the other forums you frequent
and why do you spend time there? (Please include a link if you don't mind...)

There are two that I remember are common crossovers...
The INTJforum

Personality Cafe

P.S. If you can't be bothered to repost something you contributed before, I understand.

Sapphire Harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th-August-2009, 08:25 PM   #2
flow
Audiophile/Insomniac

Default Re: Other Forums Out There

I USED to check INTJforum everyday along with INTPforum, and for a while when I was creating topics I'd throw them at both forums just to compare responses. However, I found that the INTJforum was entirely too populated, and my topics would often fall through the cracks after a day. INTJs are also entertainingly certain about everything they say. Which while it is amusing, it's also annoying after you have 20 responses that are completely certain they've nailed it. And none of them were even close to what I'd be trying to get at... whatever. I found myself looking at the personality cafe not too long ago and saw some familiar faces on there... but I don't think I'll register or anything. I'm content with this place.
Old 7th-August-2009, 02:58 AM   #3
Enne
Consistently Inconsistent

Hmm.. I somewhat like the others. I find that mixed personality forums seem to move faster and people tend to be more open and concise. There's a certain 'breath of fresh air' when you expand the interaction to all NT types or even all the 16 types. I'd recommend entp.org, but it's (imo) basically a bunch of borderline ESTPs prattling about how clever they are.
Old 7th-August-2009, 03:18 AM   #4
Anthile
Steel marks flesh

-4chan's /tg/

-A vietnamese warez forum

-A music forum

-An alternate news forum

Mostly lurking.
I used to be active in a soccer and a gaming forum but I lost interest.
Old 7th-August-2009, 03:31 AM   #5
flow
Audiophile/Insomniac

Haha, I was on gamefaqs.com waaaay back in the day, like 8 years ago.. I don't even play video games anymore. Only music listening and reading these days.
Old 7th-August-2009, 04:06 AM   #6
Thread Killer
Never-Around Member

Some I prefer to keep confidential, but one is the16types.info as I have been a user for a number of years, there, and prefer socionics. I do occasionally go on personalitycafe but get bored after a few posts and thus go meander elsewhere.
Old 7th-August-2009, 06:06 AM   #7
echoplex
Happen.

I remember using Myspace forums at one time. It was pretty much troll central, which was sometimes fun, but often annoying. I also remember a brief time at a forum for the show South Park.

This is by far the most enjoyable forum I've found.

^omg, a giant bird! or is it a miniature elephant?
(sorry, I'm just discovering these smilies)
Old 9th-August-2009, 08:47 PM   #8
fullerene
Resident Member

I only flip flop between here and ENFPforum. It's small, and only started up like 3-4ish weeks ago, but it's growing quite well.

I spend time there because I wanted to give something back to the ENFPs who have "socialized" me my whole life, and know that forums need a huge base-post count in order to look like they're not ghosttowns... so I went there and flooded the place with posts, talking with the owner. He then made me an admin, and so I'm sort of in it for the long haul, now. It's enjoyable and uplifting, though.

I'll also stop by the INFJforum once in a blue moon... but mostly just because I'm writing function descriptions for the ENFPforum, and wanted their input on my Ni/Fe ones. I was a member there a really long time ago, for a month or so, to learn about them and feelings... but eventually left following a nasty fight with one of their members. Their fiery anger can be scary.
fullerene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th-August-2009, 09:30 PM   #9
Sapphire Harp

Has anyone ever participated in the Proboards INFP forum? (as opposed to the Globalchatter INFP forum...)

I was curious what it as like, so I tried registering to see what's inside... but it says that an admin has to approve the registration - and it's been sitting at that step for about a week and a half.

Maybe it just moves slowly, but to me it suggests the forum might be dead...
Sapphire Harp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-August-2009, 01:43 AM   #10
Invoke Ninja's True Power
^_^

I found the INTJ forum first, lurked for a minute, looked ok but not a great fit. I figured we would have one too so I found it. I posted something like 5 posts on the gamefaqs forum, got fed up with only being able to post 1-2 times a day and said screw it. Its just here and facebook for me. Between the 2 its almost too much for me..........AHHHH!!!!!!!.......... social networking!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very open-minded intellectually but socially I can be very closed-minded.

There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. - Aldous Huxley

A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole.
-Frank Zappa

My personality type with multiple intelligences

Invoke Ninja's True Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th-August-2009, 04:09 AM   #11
Tyria
Ryuusa bakuryuu

I hate when other people are so certain of something and will not listen to alternatives. I think that it can be found with any type, so I'm not trying to single out any particular one. For me, it becomes an endless issue of point and counterpoint (a debate in one's head if you will). In the end, you have to believe in something or be risked being swept away by an endless sea of ideas.

The mighty are laid low. Good will ultimately triumph.
Tyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th-August-2009, 06:29 AM   #12
Invoke Ninja's True Power
^_^

windows_xp_2003firefox

I am certain of many things but if properly proven wrong I'm not so closed-minded to ignore it. Sometimes I like to argue things I am not very certain of to see what kind of arguments people can come up with so I can gain a better perspective. Sometimes coming up with my side of the argument further develops my perspective and certainty even. I might go look something up to see if I can go for a certain point or angle and its like, "holy crap, didn't realize that really was true" or "wow, I really shot myself in the foot there"

There's only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self. - Aldous Huxley

A drug is not bad. A drug is a chemical compound. The problem comes in when people who take drugs treat them like a license to behave like an asshole.
-Frank Zappa

My personality type with multiple intelligences

Invoke Ninja's True Power is offline   Reply With Quote