INTP Forum  

Go Back   INTP Forum > Within > The Lounge

Old 18th-May-2017, 08:08 AM   #51
Hadoblado
Looker at dicker

windows_98_nt_2000safari
Default Re: INTPforum trapped on an island

We've talked about how it should go down, but how would it actually go down?

The strongest INTP knuckledraggers will have the most say, as well as those who are socially best positioned. Who is the best at violence on island INTP, and who wields them?

"Fire is magic, friendship is mere technology" ~ Void of Space

"The advantages of being very precise even while not being very accurate" ~ Genitive Of Of

"Don't you just love punctuating questions as you would statements in order to soft-claim certainty that elicits agreement" ~ Taint of Volition

Unprincipled exceptions rule everything around me" ~ Content of Media
Hadoblado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th-May-2017, 07:13 PM   #52
Jennywocky
Large tracts of fivehead

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoblado View Post

The strongest INTP knuckledraggers will have the most say, as well as those who are socially best positioned. Who is the best at violence on island INTP, and who wields them?
Like many of us, I am sure, I merely desire a kinder, gentler island, with the minimal amount of distasteful sacrifice made to create the greatest benefit for the remaining members so that we can save as many as possible and pull together as a community.

Of course we shall always mourn those who were willing to give their lives to preserve the well-being of their fellow island dwellers. You will never be forgotten.

The physically strong obviously serve a purpose, although it needs to be applied carefully and considerately so that we don't destroy ourselves in the process. We each have a role -- I believe that. I will just need some other folks with foresight for us to develop a workable and sensible plan that still supports our values as a community.
Old 18th-May-2017, 07:27 PM   #53
Rixus
I introverted think. Therefore, I am.

linuxsafari

Quote:

At 6"1', able to pick up over 300lbs, a national martial arts gold medalist and the last time I used a pouch bag, I knocked it off the wall and broke stone wall, I vote for me as one of the last survivors of it comes down to violence.
Old 19th-May-2017, 03:30 AM   #54
Reluctantly
notzi nazi

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulous View Post
We've all been barking up the wrong fruitless trees.

It's a turtle.
It's obviously a turtle. Right under our noses..

It's a giant turtle.
The reason no one's been near the island in so long is because it swims away whenever someone approaches.
The people of the modern world would much rather sell this great creature into captivity for money and fame than let it roam free and content.

Must we eat each other? We must contact the Turtle God. Maybe he'd prefer sacrifice over cannibalism.

Maybe there aren't many fish near the island because they know it's a great turtle and they stay away out of both respect and fear of being consumed.

Here's our dilemma: the turtle wants to avoid the mainland and anywhere where people might see. But we want to get to the mainland or somewhere with other people.
This could make an interesting plot twist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
INTPf gets stranded on an island, they cautiously start to explore, suddenly they stumble upon a mansion/compound. "Casa de Creeping Death".
My main man answers the door and I invite you all in and make some conversation.

Then I tell you what's going down.
I give you a few basic things to get by and a fair head start.
Good luck.
This is good. It has undertones of "The Game" and adds an element of mystery to the otherwise tense situation. You could play an antagonist role that charges the situation for your amusement. Perhaps you were stranded on the island a long time ago and survive off killing and eating anyone that happens to end up here.

Quote:

The barbaric and neurotic will try to take control when they realize the situation they are in. Perhaps enough INTPs will band together and prevent that from happening or just be too weak-minded to. I guess people would divide into different groups and different betrayals might occur, depending on who is playing who.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennywocky View Post
Like many of us, I am sure, I merely desire a kinder, gentler island, with the minimal amount of distasteful sacrifice made to create the greatest benefit for the remaining members so that we can save as many as possible and pull together as a community.

Of course we shall always mourn those who were willing to give their lives to preserve the well-being of their fellow island dwellers. You will never be forgotten.

The physically strong obviously serve a purpose, although it needs to be applied carefully and considerately so that we don't destroy ourselves in the process. We each have a role -- I believe that. I will just need some other folks with foresight for us to develop a workable and sensible plan that still supports our values as a community.
Jenny could be the person that goes against everything. But slowly the harsh reality of the situation starts to break her spirit and she confuses doing awful things in the name of doing what's best for the community.

This sounds like it would make a pretty interesting movie with the right script and director. Quentin Tarantino could make the mafia drama as interesting as "The Hateful Eight". There's enough mystery and action to put in there as well.

Now we just need aliens...and maybe nazis.
Old 19th-May-2017, 04:01 AM   #55
Hadoblado
Looker at dicker

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixus View Post
At 6"1', able to pick up over 300lbs, a national martial arts gold medalist and the last time I used a pouch bag, I knocked it off the wall and broke stone wall, I vote for me as one of the last survivors of it comes down to violence.
I took down the Australian National Judo Champion once. She was 12.

"Fire is magic, friendship is mere technology" ~ Void of Space

"The advantages of being very precise even while not being very accurate" ~ Genitive Of Of

"Don't you just love punctuating questions as you would statements in order to soft-claim certainty that elicits agreement" ~ Taint of Volition

Unprincipled exceptions rule everything around me" ~ Content of Media
Hadoblado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-May-2017, 04:42 AM   #56
Jennywocky
Large tracts of fivehead

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
All I can say is that you're lucky she wasn't 13.
Old 19th-May-2017, 05:25 AM   #57
Creeping Death
I rustle jimmies

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Quote:

Quote:

I wrestled a bear, naked. (Alaska, not San Fran)
I once made Mike Tyson wear a dress and served him a cup of tea.
I listen to cyber grindcore so offensive that young children and the elderly will defecate instantly.
I've never worn crocs or flip-flops
I like to take pleasant walks on beaches.. Like Omaha and Iwo Jima to name a couple.

This thing is over before it even begins.
Old 19th-May-2017, 06:16 AM   #58
Pizzabeak
Guardians of the galaxy

windows_98_nt_2000firefox

Well, I wouldn't be there in the first place, I'll tell you that much. All things considered I wouldn't want to be there, just a bunch of people trying to hard to prove they're the smartest by implementing a system that ensures survival, manipulating social contracts with reckless crazy behavior when it can be transcended against, people can never leave things alone and it always has to be tampered with but when fasting can't be handled anymore the reality of the situation fades in. You'd obviously have to eat the biggest person first but feelings come into play so you come up with a game to see who can get cannibalized. No one can stop people from doing things. Luckily I wouldn't have been there but even if I was I'm not really that big, and wouldn't be elected to be eaten until it was too late, but risking it to sail away in the boat also doesn't hold much promise for getting lost at sea. You'd have to respond well. If there are any zombie like characters already there on the island I guess you can just kill them before they get you. It's a failure of a situation and aliens can probably be accessed through esoteric methods there. In all light of things I probably wouldn't have been there in the first place so I'd get out of all the inevitable things, probably speaking for a few different people too so the post doesn't really have to be made. I don't post that much so no one would really notice I was there. I don't lurk that much either so if there are any lottery games I'd get a decent amount of survivability. The most stupid people wouldn't necessarily die first so that's always comforting. Unless you find the situation fun then you could be there. It's a grim outlook and says a lot about people's current understanding.
Pizzabeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th-May-2017, 05:01 PM   #59
Rixus

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
I wrestled a bear, naked. (Alaska, not San Fran)
I once made Mike Tyson wear a dress and served him a cup of tea.
I listen to cyber grindcore so offensive that young children and the elderly will defecate instantly.
I've never worn crocs or flip-flops
I like to take pleasant walks on beaches.. Like Omaha and Iwo Jima to name a couple.

This thing is over before it even begins.
You're a funny guy, Creeping Death...

I was trained in Kung Fu by a guy who spent 36 years training in Hong Kong and apparently spent time with some mountain Buddhists of some sort. I was once jumped by 3 guys - and they ran away!

The laughable thing is - all those things are actually true. Just taken ridiculously out of context for humour's sake.
Old 20th-May-2017, 10:14 AM   #60
Happy
ENTP

macossafari

Quote:
Sounds like it'll be down to you and I, fellow gold medallist
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManBeyond View Post
u never know if u fuck a lot
without shield
like a true warrior
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th-May-2017, 02:05 PM   #61
Jennywocky
Large tracts of fivehead

linuxsafari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizzabeak View Post
Well, I wouldn't be there in the first place, I'll tell you that much. All things considered I wouldn't want to be there, just a bunch of people trying to hard to prove they're the smartest by implementing a system that ensures survival, manipulating social contracts with reckless crazy behavior when it can be transcended against, people can never leave things alone and it always has to be tampered with but when fasting can't be handled anymore the reality of the situation fades in. You'd obviously have to eat the biggest person first but feelings come into play so you come up with a game to see who can get cannibalized. No one can stop people from doing things. Luckily I wouldn't have been there but even if I was I'm not really that big, and wouldn't be elected to be eaten until it was too late, but risking it to sail away in the boat also doesn't hold much promise for getting lost at sea. You'd have to respond well. If there are any zombie like characters already there on the island I guess you can just kill them before they get you. It's a failure of a situation and aliens can probably be accessed through esoteric methods there. In all light of things I probably wouldn't have been there in the first place so I'd get out of all the inevitable things, probably speaking for a few different people too so the post doesn't really have to be made. I don't post that much so no one would really notice I was there. I don't lurk that much either so if there are any lottery games I'd get a decent amount of survivability. The most stupid people wouldn't necessarily die first so that's always comforting. Unless you find the situation fun then you could be there. It's a grim outlook and says a lot about people's current understanding.
....says the guy with "pizza" as part of his name.

If that isn't a silent plea to be eaten, I don't know what is.
Old 20th-May-2017, 04:42 PM   #62
Rixus

windows_98_nt_2000safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy View Post
Sounds like it'll be down to you and I, fellow gold medallist
[Assumes L-stance in preparation for the greatest fight INTPf Island history]

Wait, if we team up first we can ensure we are at least the last two survivors...

Actually, it's been many years since then and I doubt I'd be able to do half the moves I used to. I have wondered something, though, as an ENTP do you find that being Ne dominant makes it easier to fight? I found it difficult to get the technical moves perfect, but I was pretty good at sparring.
Old 21st-May-2017, 12:09 AM   #63
Happy
ENTP

macossafari

Quote:
[Assumes L-stance in preparation for the greatest fight INTPf Island history]

Wait, if we team up first we can ensure we are at least the last two survivors...

Actually, it's been many years since then and I doubt I'd be able to do half the moves I used to. I have wondered something, though, as an ENTP do you find that being Ne dominant makes it easier to fight? I found it difficult to get the technical moves perfect, but I was pretty good at sparring.
Um well I only competed in Taekwondo, but I trained with Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (I was super lucky to have trained under some of the best in each art). So I had a broader knowledge pool to draw from for sparring. My sparring technique was unusual in that I was never predictable, because I improvised a lot, so I guess that ties in to Ne-Dom tendencies.

The other notable thing about my sparring technique was that I didn't really train every technique to perfection, but rather focused on having a breadth of knowledge. However, I really mastered a few advanced moves (to a point that I was forbidden by my instructor to use my 540 kick because I generated enough force that it was deadly)

While I have medals from both the sparring and technical events, I tended to do better in the technical because I really nailed the core techniques like stances and breathing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManBeyond View Post
u never know if u fuck a lot
without shield
like a true warrior
Happy is offline   Reply With Quote