PDA

View Full Version : Government Scandals/Conspiracy

Sensi Star
22nd-April-2011, 10:11 PM
Concerning the United States: Recently I am sensing that the potential for major socio-political change is slowly building to an inevitable peak. The main vehicle for this is, of course, the internet. Over the past few years, an overwhelming amount of information has been spread concerning the revealing of government secrets and cover-ups, the truth of which most would find appalling and downright sociopathic and "evil."

Sure there are a lot of "conspiracy theories" floating around, but also there are many validated conspiracies, some of which were admitted by government openly or by information 'leak', and some of which are well-substantiated with facts and logic. It seems now that the post-internet generation is blooming and maturing, it's going to become increasingly harder for government to sedate and bullshit the minds of these people, and the truth of matters will surface much more easily.

List the most appalling government and/or corporation conspiracies that you are convinced are true, and those which you think are probably true. Summarize the situation/premise and include the supporting facts/logic that led to your being convinced.

17pounder
30th-April-2011, 05:39 PM
Corporate conspiracy: BOA trying to rip off customers. I know it exists because I deal with them every day. They make wild claims about how much they are owed, and they can get away with it. Sometimes they will keep someones overwithdrawn account open, then when its paid off they freeze it and hold the different. I personally saw an account like this where they left an account overwithdrawn for $6k, and when they person deposited over $100k, they held the difference, and are continuing to hold it. There is a loophole where they can hold the funds after a deposit, but before the deposit is approved. The other bank has already sent the funds, but they officially refuse to accept them while holding the funds and using them to bolster their bottom line.

I personally closed my account because of this, and guess what? My account is still open and in the negative, even though I have no access to it, and have the papers proving it was closed. They do this all the time, I hear endless stories about accounts being taken care of by transferring the balance, and they simply duplicate the balance so that it is owed twice.

Zensunni
1st-May-2011, 01:23 AM
Corn prices are going higher because they are taking corn and putting it in ethanol (gasoline). To make sure the corn market does not take a hit from the rest of the customers (consumers), the government has manipulated the price of wheat and other grains. Wheat prices have increased six-fold, not from supply/demand since corn has been officially added to gasoline.

The best part is: it takes more than a gallon of gas to make a gallon of ethanol from corn.

ProxyAmenRa
1st-May-2011, 01:36 AM
Corn prices are going higher because they are taking corn and putting it in ethanol (gasoline). To make sure the corn market does not take a hit from the rest of the customers (consumers), the government has manipulated the price of wheat and other grains. Wheat prices have increased six-fold, not from supply/demand since corn has been officially added to gasoline.

The best part is: it takes more than a gallon of gas to make a gallon of ethanol from corn.

Wow, you're finally coming around to my point of view.

Sensi Star
1st-May-2011, 01:37 AM
Our country's military involvement in the Middle East is undoubtedly a scam on American citizens. This entire operation was sold to the public as attaining freedom from national threats, yet it is increasingly revealing to be merely a tactic for securing and exploiting the foreign economy.

No doubt in my mind that the terrorist scare was hugely exaggerated if not completely made up (I'll save all the sketchy issues regarding 9/11 for another time), and that the main reason we are in the Middle East (apart from expanding our territory) is to seize control over oil, and let's not forget the HEROIN TRADE. It is a known fact that the U.S. military is PROTECTING the poppy fields, and also that known drug lords are on our government's payroll. No doubt that U.S. government is getting a big slice of that pie.

How does that make you feel? For us working class citizens, our hard earned tax dollars are going towards our government facilitating the importing of heroin into our country, and (to add insult to injury) arresting and prosecuting the individuals who become involved in the trade. Not to mention the fact that many children are losing their pawned fathers in vein (not for the safety of our nation, for the economy of government).

Zensunni
1st-May-2011, 03:01 AM
Wow, you're finally coming around to my point of view.

Given that you are in grad school, I've held my views since probably before you graduated from primary school.

Cogwulf
1st-May-2011, 09:48 AM
It seems now that the post-internet generation is blooming and maturing, it's going to become increasingly harder for government to sedate and bullshit the minds of these people, and the truth of matters will surface much more easily.

I would argue the opposite to some extent. What I see now that the internet is maturing, is that there is a move by most people to being spoon-fed information. The majority of the population simply can't processes all of the information available to them, so they use sites like twitter or facebook, which give them tiny little snippets of information from the narrow range of sources they went to.

Whilst doing an essay recently, I came across an interesting conspiracy theory. I was given a project on magnetostrictive fuel injectors, which are theoretically much better but haven't been used yet. I came across a story about a company called RODI who was working on a revolutionary engine design 10 years ago, but then mysteriously closed down. The engine was a two stroke diesel using magnetostrictive injectors which was meant to be more efficient than anything else.
A design engineer working for them claimed there was a conspiracy. It was a scam where they designed an engine, made it look like they were ready to start making it, got millions of dollars from investors, and then closed the business. Plausible and probably true.
But then the engineer has a paranoid trip. First she starts claiming the company was involved in drug trafficking. Then she finds out that the owner of the company was at a party with the president and the taliban. Then she claims the company was actually building missiles in secret.

So, whilst most conspiracy theories are built around grains of truth, the people who spot them aren't the best people to investigate it and spread the story.

Panopticon
2nd-May-2011, 11:08 AM
Our country's military involvement in the Middle East is undoubtedly a scam on American citizens. This entire operation was sold to the public as attaining freedom from national threats, yet it is increasingly revealing to be merely a tactic for securing and exploiting the foreign economy.

No doubt in my mind that the terrorist scare was hugely exaggerated if not completely made up (I'll save all the sketchy issues regarding 9/11 for another time), and that the main reason we are in the Middle East (apart from expanding our territory) is to seize control over oil, and let's not forget the HEROIN TRADE. It is a known fact that the U.S. military is PROTECTING the poppy fields, and also that known drug lords are on our government's payroll. No doubt that U.S. government is getting a big slice of that pie.

How does that make you feel? For us working class citizens, our hard earned tax dollars are going towards our government facilitating the importing of heroin into our country, and (to add insult to injury) arresting and prosecuting the individuals who become involved in the trade. Not to mention the fact that many children are losing their pawned fathers in vein (not for the safety of our nation, for the economy of government).I think u and I would get along pretty well. :)

I havent added to your thread out of laziness mostly. There is just so much to choose from. For now I will just say that we are VERY SORRY that we got caught. http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2010/10/01/syphilis-guatemala.html
(http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2010/10/01/syphilis-guatemala.html)

Sensi Star
2nd-May-2011, 11:29 PM
^^ That makes me sick, but is no surprise. Whoops, we're sorry. And it was especially sickening that this was done in an insane asylum.

Must these sick fucks torture the mentally ill? Can't we give them a break, they're tortured enough by their illnesses.

Another thing the CIA did in an insane asylum was dose the patients on potent psychedelic drugs for research purposes. These CIA experimenters are the types who's coffee I'd like to spike with 2,000 micrograms of LSD, then lock into a confined room blasting death metal for a day or two. You know, give them a lesson on empathy.

mainiac
27th-August-2011, 03:33 PM
well here are a few..What did Clinton do just before he got out of office? Pardoned all his whitwater buddies! You know? the ones that cost millions of Americans their life savings? Or Clinton selling nuclear secrets top china, HIGH TREASON! When confrontyed he simply said..To promote the balance of power. Just like that he got away with it.

mainiac
27th-August-2011, 03:50 PM
There are so many vile deeds this government has done that it is legion! Yet there are many who think that no one could do such things. Its not a matter of what can be proven..alot of it can. Its that nobody ever gets punished. Now they just admit what they did like..ya so, and? Before there was deniability..(I can neither confirm nor deny that statement) The truth is we have egotistical meglomaniacs running the show, that being big oil, millitary industrialists and their political boot lickers, presedents, senators, ..ect. Their job is to manage the resources taken from the American people and use it to improve the lives of all. To make a stronger country. Not cast blame, make excuses and lower the standard of living. There simply is no accountability. At least in china corrupt politicians are flung from a stage into the masses!

Look at Ikes departing comment..(beware the millitary industrialists) WELL..why didnt he say that IN office? Did ity take him his whole tenure to figure this out? Plus they keep a large percentage of america dumb and getting dumber. Convincing peoiple that their agenda is right and just and wave that flag boy! In the private sector you get canned for being a moron, embezeling, extortion..ect. Every day the government takes life, liberty and property right here at home. They prey upon peoples weakness and lock them up for it..2 million people jailed in America.

As long as big oil military war machine, world banks have control all the candidates are going to be the same. I realize there is nothing i can do about any of this. Soon enough this kind of chat forum will probably be banned. What are they worried about? Most people are helpless and can do nothing, those that try get baught or killed. At least I got to live most of my life in peace with decent paying job and a good life. Now things have gone so far in the toilet that before I die i can see myself completly homeless and clothes on my back. I never made alot of money but i felt rich because it took so little to live well. You could make 7 bucks an hours and buy a home and have a cheap car. Any one that is late middle age or older knows this is true.

The problems can not be fixed..its much to late. Soon we will be another third world country, hopefuly i die first!